What To Post...(And How Not To Spam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyboy

Retired Purplemite
Royal Guard
Emeritus
This thread was created to help members understand the difference between posting relevant ideas and spamming. Please read and learn. Thanks!

1) Please do not post that you are online. If you are interested in seeing who is online, please look at the Currently Active Users section of the forum. Do not say hi to the members. This also goes for good-byes as well.

2) If someone does not post in a thread for 5 minutes, it does not mean the thread is dead. Normal waiting time for new posts is one hour to a day. If no one is posting, don't say "This thread is dead" "Where is everyone" or anything to that effect.

3) If you agree with a comment, that is great! However, expand on that person's thought. Tell us why you agree with their comment, and add to the conversation. If you just want to say "I agree with your comment" then send them a PM of congrats. I'm sure they will love your PM (I know I do :))

4) Going off-topic is normal. It happens, and we realise that. But you have to get BACK on topic. The best wayto do this is create a new thread dedicated to the off-topicness and go back to the original discussion. It has been done several times and it has worked. So make a new thread on the discussion and be happy!

5) Double posting is when you post twice in a row. Not only is this unessessary, but it is annoying to watch. There is an edit button on the bottom right-hand corner of every post you make. Please use it if you need to fix spelling, or add to a post.

6) Telling someone that they are spamming is spamming. Instead of posting that a person is spamming, just notify the mods and we will talk to the member.

7) If someone asks a question, please do not say that you don't know the answer. Instead, do not post. You do not help the person answer the question when you post a comment like that. In fact, you hinder them from knowing the answer because less members are going to see the question they asked. Instead, please post in another thread.

These are the basics of what to do. As a general rule, if you need to make your post longer because it was under the 10 character rule, then you probably should not post your comment. Remember, posting is about furthering the topic, not increasing your post count.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Agreed

I spend a large part of my time trying to be creative, but the people that spend a large part of their time restoring discipline are every bit as important if not more so. They provide the structure we use.

So I am posting this to let you know there is absolute solidarity among the mods on the importance of having a safe, tidy, family friendly environment that can attract new members and retain old ones.

I wish you peace. God bless.

Last edited:
In addition to the above mentioned rules, any discussion of an actor's dating life or cuteness factor needs to be done in the fan club threads. The official threads need to be left for news and biographical information. Thank you.

Due to the fact that many of you continue to spam here are the consequences. Spammers will receive 1 warning followed by a temporary ban of up to 10 days. After that it will be a permanent ban. I know that many of you have received multiple pm's about this problem. Several members are working very hard to keep from spamming and we expect everyone else to do the same. I don't want to have to ban people but I will if that is what it takes. NO MORE SPAM!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back