What's up with that

yes it is Christian, but i guess how the Calormene's in the last battle, have a differnt god called Tash, which is supposed to represnet, other gods that ppl have, while Aslan is sort of like Narnia's God, who is supposed to be Jesus

Well..its ok to beleive that Narnia is not christian...the only narnia book i really see that is christian is LWW, when Aslan dies then comes back to life.

The Narnian themes and characters, as well as the Biblical symbolisms are very much Christian, however, the mythological creatures were CREATED by Aslan in Narnia. And Tash was used as a way to represent the false god, and those who perished worshipping this god, other than one Calormene who accepted Aslan as his savior and was therefore saved from the ending of Old Narnia, and welcomed into the New.

TrueNarnian said:
Well..its ok to beleive that Narnia is not christian...the only narnia book i really see that is christian is LWW, when Aslan dies then comes back to life.
if you look closely to all the books they have christian and biblical themes and allegories.
In the Magicians Nephew, Aslan created the world, and in song..Just as in the Bible Christ created our world.
In the Voyage of the Dawn Threader towards the end, Aslan transforms himself as a Lamb (not a coincidence), the most obvious and tells the children that he brought them to Narnia so that they would know him more in their own world..
The Last Battle, a false aslan, and the end of narnia, and battle, and eternal destinatnions, oh an a new narnia...sounds familiar...
The AntiChrist, end of the world, armeggedon, eternal destitnaions, new jerusalem, eternity...hmm......

Lewis never meant for the books to actually be christian. The reason he chose the Lion was because he had been having "strange dreams of lions," and LWW is not the only book w/ symbolism. here is a list:
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: crucifixion and resserection (? sp.)
Prince Caspian: renewal of faith
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: the spiritual life
[I forgot what the Silver Chair was]
The Horse and his Boy: the calling of a heathen into the spiritual life
Magician's Nephew: the beginning of the world and the Creation
Last Battle: the end of the world and Judgement Day

Back