Who else could play Aslan (Voice)

Skul

I know I posted the "Neeson is Back" post on the Prince Caspian thread, and I am glad, but couldn't there be somebody else? I was thinking of Patrick Stewart, or James Earl Jones, or Christopher Lee, or Sean Connery, or somebody like that. Maybe?

Each of the great actors you mentioned have wonderful masculine, deep voices, especially James Earl Jones. But I am used to hearing Liam Neeson as Aslan, and at this point I can't really imagine another voice portraying Aslan.

IceMaiden said:
Each of the great actors you mentioned have wonderful masculine, deep voices, especially James Earl Jones. But I am used to hearing Liam Neeson as Aslan, and at this point I can't really imagine another voice portraying Aslan.

Same here. I fell in love with Aslan's voice the second I heard it. The choices you named were good ones but I had a couple of reservations. The only thing about James Earl Jones is I think he was the one who did the voice for Mufassa on the Lion King. Christopher Lee would seem a bit odd for me because I would associate with Count Dooku, who was a villan in the SW series. But of course I'm sure some do the same with Qui-Gon Jinn since Neison played him but I think Liam nailed the part.

Jones also did the voice of Darth Vader :)

I say let's stick with Liam Neeson. I'm just used to hearing him as Aslan :D

I agree with you guys,I don't think Aslan wouldn't be the same without Liam Neeson.His voice really fits the character.I'm so happy they are gonna bring him back in PC!

IceMaiden said:
Jones also did the voice of Darth Vader :)

I had completely forgotten that!!!! Man, it's hard to imagine the voice of Mufassa and Darth Vader were the same person! It's like my brain wants to say. "will not compute... will NOT compute!"

Yes, Liam just has that right voice for Aslan!

That would have been a scary, scary Aslan LOL

Can you picture him saying things from the Star Wars movies like...ummm....well, it wouldn't exactly be Aslan to say this, but something like, " Learn to use the dark side of the force, my son..." LOLOL

James Earl Jones

IceMaiden said:
That would have been a scary, scary Aslan LOL

Can you picture him saying things from the Star Wars movies like...ummm....well, it wouldn't exactly be Aslan to say this, but something like, " Learn to use the dark side of the force, my son..." LOLOL

Or worse yet, "This is CNN"!

huh? what's that?

pirena.gif

amihan.gif

alena.gif

danaya.gif

hi all

My Nick Name اسلان Its meaning Aslan In english

اسلان Arabic Words i am love aslan

tanks for all​

I think it's dumb that they keep trying to change the voices. I mean, won't everyone get confused when they see three Aslans at the premieres?? I would, anyway.

Plus, Liam plays the part of Aslan so well, I'd hate to see someone else playing him.

OK, Sean Connery YUM :D even though he's like 60 years my senior or something :p . . But I like Liam Neesons portrale of Aslan he's a good actor and he played a good lion. So what more do you peoples want? :confused:
We should be glad he's willing to come back for Prince Caspian cause they could have chosen someone who sucks I.E. the new Dumbledore, I know the last one died and all but they coulda nabbed Ian Mckellan(sp?) Cause lets face it people in a line up of Ian and the other guy who used to play D You prolly couldn't figgure out who was who, Well if they were in Dumbledore getup. . . But I heard that the one who died(Sorry I don't know his name) said that even though they were friends he didn't want the part going to Ian because he beat old D to the part of Gandalf. . . :eek: Gasp! takes deep breath-And I am recovered!

Hey just spreading the word here but anyone in need of a sub for the HP books cause its over a year before the last one will come out heres a list:
The Fallen
by thomas e. sneigoski

Tithe a modern faerie tale (not for little kids)
by holly black

and Gregor the Overlander
by suzanne collins

Well, cheers

Last edited:
Back