2 words: JOHNNY DEPP!

What part do YOU think Johnny Depp would fit best?

• Total voters
To those who think that the movie would be come a Johnny Depp movie simply because he's in it, I disagree. Yes, he's normally in lead roles, but I think he's a great enough actor to be in a supporting role and not steal the show.

I think he'd be best as Uncle Andrew, personally, but he'd do well at either.

What is your problem! I mean seriously! We are all allowed to have our own opinions, why do you keep coming in and ruining my posts! It's just a discussion don't take it so seriously! BTW: Britney Spears and Johnny Depp are two completely different people, at least Johnny Depp has some form of decency!

Uh....I'll tell you like I've been told: If you dont' want to be disagreed with, don't post. All BK was trying to do (like in the inkheart thread) was to let you know that the discussion thread is in the wrong place; he wasn't being rude or anything at all. There is a place called, "Hunt for the White Stag", which I think is where this would go. As such, this place is for actors who have already been in a Narnia film, and JD hasn't been. BK was NOT knocking you, as in the other thread, he was trying to be helpful.

And frankly, I don't know about anybody else, but I'm really, really tired of trying to help out somebody like you who is extremely rude back to people trying to help you get the feel of TDL; and you need to cool it. I'm not one of the most delightful people to be around on this forum, but you need an attitude adjustment. Take five minutes before you respond back to somebody's post. You make yourself unpopular real quick otherwise.

Now. Back to discussion topic; I don't think people are concerned with the movie(s) becoming a JD movie; I don't think some people believe he's right for either role. I don't because I don't. While I loved Tilda Swinton as the WW (her acting in the role was amazing), I didn't think she was 100% right for the role. I don't care for JD because of his films and his lifestyle. I know that most actors are pretty immoral to begin with, but I don't like JD really even as an actor. I think he's got some really weird stuff that he's been in, and I don't want that associated with Narnia.

*note: I'm letting a mod know about the thread so they can move it. Feel free to chew me out over that, ahyperdude.*

I've voted for PuddleGlum.

Johnny Depp may be famous, but he's actually a good actor. What Hello Magazine and other publications write means nothing to me, it's mostly gossip anyway!! I only judge him by his performances.
I'm not entirely sure I WANT him to play the part, but I think he has the ability to play Puddleglum really well. Or Uncle Andrew for that matter.

Let me say this: I never said JD wasn't a good actor; on the contrary, I think he has a great ability to pull off really polar opposite characters (Jack Sparrow vs. Jim Barrie, anyone?). But I don't like him. I don't like Tilda Swinton for that matter. But I really don't think that the Narnia makers can afford JD. To have a character that's somewhat central to the story (regardless of viewpoint, both Uncle Andrew and Puddleglum are important characters to the individual stories, and therefore are considered major characters). And judging from how they picked the other actors (like Barnes and Swinton), they'll probably go with some unknown British actor

I must agree with those who say no to Depp. Do I think he's a good actor? Yes. Hoeever he is WAAAAAAY to well known. He is so big the poster would have to read

20th Century FOx and Wladen Media Present

Johnny Depp in

TThe Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair.

That is the level of status that his name is in Hollywood. It would have been like if they cast Nicole Kidman or Michelle Pheiffer as Jadis, or Brad Pitt as Aslan. Those names would distract from the film, and most importantly the children. That is one of the things I have loved about the Narnia films, and for that matter Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter in terms of casting.

And yes, I saw Alice in Wonderland, but I was dissapointed in his Mad Hatter. I felt his Hatter was the cinimatic equivilant of a "Greatest Hits of Depp"compilation album. In fact I couldn't "hear" his Hatter voice when I read the book. I heard Roddy McDowell ( Cornelius in 1968 Planet of the Apes) as Mad Hatter from the 1990's Batman the Animated Series in the roll ( yes, it's not Lewis Carrol's version, but McDowell's accent and the timber in his voice was perfect when the comic version of Hatter would start quoting Alice.)

Would he get people seeing the movie .Yes. But not for the right reasons. I think the casting directors should stick to what they do best: getting good, lesser known or uinknown, actors and actresses for the rolls.

Sven-El, I agree with you. In my previous post, I said that Depp could pull off a Narnia character, which I still stand by. But I think that you are completely right in saying that he is just too well known to have a role in one of these films.

In regard to the ongoing quarrel in this thread... what's the big deal? People have their own opinions that should be respected. Period. There's no reason to prolong any disagreements. PEACE! :)

Sven-El, I agree with you. In my previous post, I said that Depp could pull off a Narnia character, which I still stand by. But I think that you are completely right in saying that he is just too well known to have a role in one of these films.

In regard to the ongoing quarrel in this thread... what's the big deal? People have their own opinions that should be respected. Period. There's no reason to prolong any disagreements. PEACE! :)

ahyperdude seems to get offended any time BK, or I, or some other member tries to tell him that there's another thread, or that it's in the wrong spot, or whatever. The members who told ahd that were the very nicest they could be, and he is mad over it. I've PMed a moderator to move this thread to the appropriate place; but as for me, this is the last I'll say about it because ahyperdude was blowing things out of proportion, and if you don't want people disagreeing with you, don't post. That's what the purpose of the forum is....I thought. *Also, nobody was trying to be rude about the topic; but it seems like even I have a better sense of humor when it comes to stuff like this.*

ahyperdude seems to get offended any time BK, or I, or some other member tries to tell him that there's another thread, or that it's in the wrong spot, or whatever. The members who told ahd that were the very nicest they could be, and he is mad over it. I've PMed a moderator to move this thread to the appropriate place; but as for me, this is the last I'll say about it because ahyperdude was blowing things out of proportion, and if you don't want people disagreeing with you, don't post. That's what the purpose of the forum is....I thought. *Also, nobody was trying to be rude about the topic; but it seems like even I have a better sense of humor when it comes to stuff like this.*

Dude I've already said I was sorry a bazillion times! I was a newbie (which I still am) and I was learning, now I have respect for you guys and I won't blow anything else outta proportion! Now though, it seems to me that Aravis is making this more dramatic than it should be... sorry but you keep quoting back to me telling me how wrong and stupid I am, even after I stoped posting!

I've never seen an apology issued to BK or the other member(s). I've never seen the word "stupid" in my posts. You're putting words into my mouth, and I don't appreciate it. You were being rude to the others, and they didn't deserve it. I don't care if you apologize or not. I'm through messing with you.

Goodness, he's going to run out of mad people to play if he keeps this up. After his disappointing turn as the Mad Hatter, I think he needs a break. No admittance *SoA pulls out sword and points it at dept*

Depp should stick to films like Rango. I hear it was pretty successful.,

And I guarantee you it's only because of "Johhny Depp In" attached to it. :rolleyes:

Depp should stick to films like Rango. I hear it was pretty successful.,

And I guarantee you it's only because of "Johhny Depp In" attached to it. :rolleyes:

Agreed on both accounts, Rango is getting masacared by the critics. And it annoys me that Alice in Wonderland's marketing was not Alice but Depp.:mad:

I say regardless of which sequel they opt to do, hoping that one still happens of course, getting an actor with some clout like Depp could only help. The series, as much as I love it, needs a marquee name to get some fresh attention to the series.

I'll take Depp in either role for either movie.

Simply because Depp is in the movie doesn't mean it'll help. Sure, it's good marketing (though good is a relative term), but in the long run? Nobody will come to Narnia for what it is, and that wouldn't be good. The minute that Narnia filmmakers do really Hollywood-esque things like getting a certain actor only for publicity, is the minute that they lose whatever quality there is. Or was.

Like I said, Depp may be a good actor, but he's not what Narnia needs. Narnia's problem are writers who don't make the movies true to Lewis' material. THAT'S what will revive the series, not a famous actor.

Agreed on both accounts, Rango is getting masacared by the critics. And it annoys me that Alice in Wonderland's marketing was not Alice but Depp.:mad:

Yeah... :rolleyes: My little brother saw a poster for Alice in Wonderland which had Johnny Depp on it. "THAT'S ALICE?!" he cried incredulously. :rolleyes:

Neither...Uncle Andrew should be played by an unknown british actor. As for Puddleglum I think Hugh Laurie would make a far better choice since he is tall and thin and can make the most dour expressions when needed.

Not as Puddleglum. I just don't think it would fit.

To be honest, I think he would make quite a magnificent Uncle Andrew, but using a Hollywood blockbuster actor for a Narnia movie? No. As much as I like him, it just wouldn't work.

Oh, if only he were some unknown nobody. *sighs* :)rolleyes:)

Back