Age range for Aravis and Shasta-Cor/Corin?

"What I meant is that a lot of kids CAN'T ACT"

And I am saying, QueenSusan, that a lot of kids can act. The key is to find the right role for them. When it comes to major motion pictures and professional casting directors and film directors, finding the right child can be hard merely because of the sheer number of applicants, yet it happens all the time. Where bugets are lower, there is generally les of a selection and people who aren't as good with picking casts.

MrBob

True, but it's easier to cast teenagers than it is young kids.

looking at some recent pictures of georgie she already looks older than her age...especially with the make up they put on her...hmm...now i think she will most likely be playing her role as a young queen Lucy...its different with anna and william in particular though, they've developed quite slowly and dont look like they're in their 20s at all.

I picture Shasta and Aravis being ages 14-17. I would prefer them to both be 16 year olds.

Jill and Eustace should be 12-14.

lol i would like to see a future shot of them married in the end but i hope they dont kiss because it would wreck the whole bickering relationship which made it so fun. Remember they keep on bickering and then become so used to it and just marry. :)

Actually I think a kiss could work. Because of the bickerying, if Aravis kissed Shasta (or vice versa), the other would probably be like "What are you doing?" It would be kinda funny.

Plus a Shasta/Aravis kiss is much more faithful to the book than a Susan/Caspian kiss.

'Jill and Eustace should be 12-14'-well, Will Poulter who is already cast as Eustace will already be 16 during the filming of VotDT. But I suspect he is small built and will be able to pull a younger look off.

'Plus a Shasta/Aravis kiss is much more faithful to the book than a Susan/Caspian kiss..'-Josh you do have a point in that sense, but wouldn't it be better for them in that aspect to just remain purely loyal this time? I'm asking for too much aren't I? lol

I have a feeling they might seize the opportunity to have a romance and still be sort of true to the book. Because HHB is the only book in which people actually get married, except for Caspian and the Star's daughter (which I really hope they put in), I always thought that they'd make them a little bit older than their supposed book ages.

Plus, you can have banter and romance. There are probably countless amounts of couples that get together that way. Those good old love/hate relationships. They're so much fun :D

shmeepie those sorts of relationships are so hilarious...i wouldnt mind having that myself one day hehe :D. But if they however decide to put in a kiss (although I would hate it) and they were actors who were 12-14 it wouldn't really add up to me. Although these days many kids at such ages have bf's/gf's, I think it is quite different in terms of the Narnian world. And also it doesn't seem to suit Aravis' cultural personality at all...perhaps if she was older?? lol

I would say the age range was around 13-15. I always thought Aravis was older than Cor, though. Possibly, however, that came from the fact that I tended to equate Aravis with my older sister. :D

shmeepie those sorts of relationships are so hilarious...i wouldnt mind having that myself one day hehe :D. But if they however decide to put in a kiss (although I would hate it) and they were actors who were 12-14 it wouldn't really add up to me.

Thats why I think they will probably be 14-16.

Then again, Wendy and Peter Pan kissed and they were only 12.

Just curious as to what your preferred age range would be for the future actors/actress that will play the role of Shasta-Cor/Corin and Aravis?

I would say any where between 16-mid 20s and mid 20s on the condition that they look younger than their age :D

What about you? :p

If they'd want to use the same actors in fast-forwarding *i.e. to illustrate the point that Cor and Aravis eventually married* then I'd say 16-18. Young enough to be true to the book, but old enough to look somewhat convincing as a couple marrying.

As long as they'd stay true to the book, I don't think I'd be bothered with how old or young the actors are. The story is most important to me because it's my favorite of the Chronicles.

Back