A "Fun" Test

This is Awesome!!! :D And here was me thinking not many other people liked math! Wish all tests were this fun. :D
Anyone got the answers, so I can check myself? :p

Well, I thought of a black hammer...no idea why I said black as it's not one of my fav colors.

But...why on earth does nearly everyone think of a hammer?? I've got an explanation for myself (a hammer is one of the only tools of which I know what they're called in English), but I have no idea what that has got to do with math problems.:D

I took this test a while ago and got “blue hammer,” I think. When I did it just now, I said “blue chicken” but that was only because I remembered how it goes and was trying to think of something that wasn’t a hammer. :p Yes, a chicken is a tool.

And now it is time for the TDL statistics!!! Somehow I don’t think the initial figure of “98% say red hammer” is correct, based on how we did. A total of 28 people’s results were mentioned on this thread. Of those 28 TDLers plus family members, only 25% actually said “red hammer.” “Blue hammer” was just as common at 25%. 64% percent of people did say hammer; however, 11% said wrench, 7% said chainsaw, 4% said chisel, 4% said screwdriver, and 11% couldn’t think of an English word to describe what they were thinking of. Blue was the most common color at 32%, with red closely following at 29%. Other colors included black, purple, and yellow, each at 7%; and orange, teal, pink, and green, each at 4%. 4% did not specify what color, except that it was not red. A total of 75% did NOT think “red hammer.”

My guess as to why this test favors red and blue is because they are two very commonly used colors, especially for tools. Because the test says “think of a color and a tool” and not “think of a color,” scroll down, and then, “think of a tool,” one tries to think of colors that go with tools. It’s also easy to think of hammer because that is what people usually think when they think of tools; and also, if you are not someone who uses tools extensively, you probably are not familiar with many kinds of tools, or at least what they are called.

Note: The percents may not add up perfectly because I rounded them.

And now it is time for the TDL statistics!!! Somehow I don’t think the initial figure of “98% say red hammer” is correct, based on how we did. A total of 28 people’s results were mentioned on this thread. Of those 28 TDLers plus family members, only 25% actually said “red hammer.” “Blue hammer” was just as common at 25%. 64% percent of people did say hammer; however, 11% said wrench, 7% said chainsaw, 4% said chisel, 4% said screwdriver, and 11% couldn’t think of an English word to describe what they were thinking of. Blue was the most common color at 32%, with red closely following at 29%. Other colors included black, purple, and yellow, each at 7%; and orange, teal, pink, and green, each at 4%. 4% did not specify what color, except that it was not red. A total of 75% did NOT think “red hammer.”

My guess as to why this test favors red and blue is because they are two very commonly used colors, especially for tools. Because the test says “think of a color and a tool” and not “think of a color,” scroll down, and then, “think of a tool,” one tries to think of colors that go with tools. It’s also easy to think of hammer because that is what people usually think when they think of tools; and also, if you are not someone who uses tools extensively, you probably are not familiar with many kinds of tools, or at least what they are called.

Note: The percents may not add up perfectly because I rounded them.
Yeah, but all the people on TDL are insane & not normal (J/K), thus they think of insane things. Thus the stats are correct ;):p

Back