Animated LWW, Is it any good?

Soldier of Aslan

I'm considering buying the Animated LWW. The trailer provided is laughably bad, bringing me to my point of this thread. What is your opinion of animated LWW?
Good? bad? Horrid?

Thanks!

Its not as bad as it looks... I watched it once and found it pretty close to the book, it was rather amusing and in some parts it was just weird... I'd give it about 3 1/2 stars- mostly for its closeness to the book, and I don't think the Pevensies were too bad, the White Witch was apprently meant to frighten small children, oh and Mr. Tumnus was funny... :D

The music is fine, especially in the scenes involving Aslan. The way they show the resurrection is tearfully and reverently moving.

Definitely something you should see at least once.

If you want Disney style CGI, forget it. That's not it. Buy it because it's Narnia, otherwise, don't bother.

I actually saw the animated version before I read any of the books. Since I was a child at the time, I loved it. I bought it and obviously don't think it's as good now but I watch it from time to time because it's still Narnia...but honestly, I tried to watch the BBC ones and found it so horrible that I couldn't get through one of them. So I actually find the animated one to better than the BBC...

I actually saw a little of it, though I wasn't able to finish them for I was watching them at night and my father caught me..:p Well, I think the animated version is good and as long as it is about Narnia, it will do pretty well..

I think the way the resurrection of Aslan is handled is more astonishingly reverent than any other existing film of the event.

I've never actually seen this. I saw a little tiny bit on YouTube, and I'm not so sure I want to. :p Still, if the opportunity were to present itself... One of the families I babysit for has it. I keep hoping that the kids will pick it when it comes "movie time", but so far no luck.

Short answer:
YES!!!!!!!

Long answer: faithful, fun, and the resurrection is handled very well. Jadis is a quite over the top and Mr. Tumnus is Red with Green hair, but otherwise it is worth the price.

I like 1979 intro, too. It shows the dramatical journey but we are brought to 1979 America. I noticed that some parts of 1979 cartoons look like a painting, like those trees there... it seems it's all one day, maybe few. But not many. There are some moments when the characters are looking straight at you, something like you became the part of it all. You feel what they feel and at the very end you feel that's how the story should look. It doesn't mean I don't like other versions, it has its own charm! I know you'll not be disappointed.

Back