Annoying Mistake: Peter riding unicorn

A_childs_imagination said:
I dont kno if anyone else has posted this but is it not very annoying that Peter is riding a unicorn? for a start it strictly states that you should never ride a unicorn and the only time one is ridden is in the last battle. i know hes the high king and everything but its still goes against C S Lewis' works!
Am i just being picky? what do you think
:p yes you are being picky

OMGosh...I thought my sister was the only one who noticed that! She got mad because the movie made him ride a unicorn...when in the book he obviously didn't ride one!
accually it didnt say if he rode one or not. it didnt even say if he rode anything so i have no problem with it

i think that a lot of you are over-reacting a little to much.
so what if it says that in the books, honestly no matter what they do to the movies they're just never ganna live up to our standards (real narnian fans).
so let peter ride the unicorn it did what it did for the movie and for a great scene!

yes, but some of us are saying it lives up to our standards just fine. Andrew didn't mess up the story or Narnia by having Peter ride a unicorn or Edmund ride a talking horse. It fit perfectly with Narnia. There's not really anything in the movie that wasn't up to par. And I would argue that Andrew Adamson and Mark Johnson and people like them are "real Narnia fans". One could argue that they are bigger fans than the rest of us because they actually took the initiative and made a movie instead of waiting around dreaming of it happening.

yes, but some of us are saying it lives up to our standards just fine. Andrew didn't mess up the story or Narnia by having Peter ride a unicorn or Edmund ride a talking horse. It fit perfectly with Narnia. There's not really anything in the movie that wasn't up to par. And I would argue that Andrew Adamson and Mark Johnson and people like them are "real Narnia fans". One could argue that they are bigger fans than the rest of us because they actually took the initiative and made a movie instead of waiting around dreaming of it happening.
well since im too young to get a job i couldnt do it no matter what but iwas saying that if they didnt make a movie of it that was better than the BBC version iwas going to make one that would be so close to the book i would use the book as the script only i would change it to more modern speaking. but if someone did the battle like the way C.S. Lewis put it it would probable be rated PG-13 because it mentioned Edmund covered in blood so it would be about 20x more violent than the one Andrew Adamson did

Hey... um gamestoresindex.com could you be a bit more careful on your Bible comparisons!
Anyway, it didn't really bother me at first about Peter riding the unicorn. But what did get me was them practicing on TALKING horses.

Well yes i think that was dumb that Peter was riding a Unicorn. No one ever rides a Unicorn..not even a Talking Horse (except in the most baddest of needs)

I agree with both points: unicorn and talking horse. Both seemed contradictory to what was said in the books. Though, in its defense, cinematically, it would have looked strange to see Peter leading the charge if he couldn't keep up with everyone else. And we all know how so many audiences live for the epic battle clash. Though even this defense is a little weak since he was outrun anyway by the cheetas and some other creatures. Oh well.

TrueNarnian said:
Well yes i think that was dumb that Peter was riding a Unicorn. No one ever rides a Unicorn..not even a Talking Horse (except in the most baddest of needs)

I love how this same argument gets constantly recycled. Now forgive me, but isn't a battle for the freedom of all Narnia kind of considered a great need? Lewis says that talking horses are ridden in times of need. Also by permission. I'm sure a unicorn, especially a true narnian unicorn would be not only willing but proud to allow the High King to ride him into the biggest battle in Narnian history. My only problem was that the unicorn wasn't allowed much fighting. that would have been cool.

no, you are not being picky, i felt the same way when peter jackson switched things around in the lord of the rings trilogy, i actually almost cried, i mean, the things in the books are amazing, and obviously right because it come direcly from the author, so why would they change it when that was the way it was meant to be?? i dunno... :)

peterismyking said:
no, you are not being picky, i felt the same way when peter jackson switched things around in the lord of the rings trilogy, i actually almost cried, i mean, the things in the books are amazing, and obviously right because it come direcly from the author, so why would they change it when that was the way it was meant to be?? i dunno... :)
me either...i think if the authers worked hard to write such a beautiful story, why change

All of Narnia would have fallen back into winter if Jadis won. Jadis had killed Aslan...I think it was a "time of great need", not to mention, I am sure many of Narnia's inhabitants thought it may be their last battle. Also, I didn't notice a unicorn in the crowd till the final battle. So perhaps when a unicorn heard of Aslan's death, they felt compelled to help. And who better to allow to ride then the prophized Son of Adam, High King of Narnia.

A_childs_imagination said:
I dont kno if anyone else has posted this but is it not very annoying that Peter is riding a unicorn? for a start it strictly states that you should never ride a unicorn and the only time one is ridden is in the last battle. i know hes the high king and everything but its still goes against C S Lewis' works!
Am i just being picky? what do you think
Yeah, I hate that to. :mad:

I have a question though, is the unicorn in the crowd at the coranation scene the same one as in the battle? Becouse since I got the dvd I noticed that after the unicorn gets shot it is still moving.

Unicorns are healers, so I would think they can also heal quickly. Perhaps take injury that would kill most animals their size, but maybe they heal faster.

Back