Aslan's How II

A few minutes later, a tall figure with long dark hair appeared at the edge of the forest. Thought her dress was much worn now, it was easily seen that it had been made of expensive cloth, and was of fine workmanship. Upon her right hand she wore a ring of gold in which was set a stone of fasinating colour; it seemed to glimmer all the many shades of fire, faintly illuminating her pale skin. She stood for a moment, on the verge of going forward, but she seemed almost afraid to step forth from the shadow of the wood.

A thin, rather...small-child tred silently through a field-he didn't have a place to go, a home to go to, or a family. It was hard to define the child, a boy's, features within the darkness of night. His skin was pale, extraordinarily so, against hair black like a raven's wing, and large, piercing blue eyes. Alari, as the boy was called, only looked with a blank expression, his gaze caught to and from the soil beneath his feet. All Alari wanted to do was just fade away and be invisible. He knew that the Great Lion-Aslan-had been watching over him, because the child knew he'd escaped his village within an inch of his life. Why? Because he was different-a being who was only half-human.

Alari came upon a strange area he'd never seen before. A campfire and people gathered around it, conversing among one another. He didn't know what to think, and crouched on his knees amongst the tall grasses and wildflowers, only to watch. He was too timid to actually go out immediately and interact with them. But alas-Alari gave out his cover when he made the grasses rustle. A slight gasp escaped his lips as he feared what might happen to him. Would he be mocked, like everyone else had done to him, or be treated with a bit of kindness? All Alari could do was wait.

Last edited:
Welcome, Dernhelm, High King Peter, and Ged!

"Boy," Finny said seeing the child, "Come here. You should not be afraid of us," she said with a smile. he only looks a little younger than I! she thought pleasantly. Also, she was quite suprised about all the other people coming to Aslan's How. Perhaps they had some interesting stories to tell as well as this boy, hiding in the grass.

Last edited:
"You have nothing to fear, boy" Rel said, "we are all followers of the lion here".
"You look like you have been through much, please tell us your tale".

Then the faun turned back to his meal.

Still facing the fire, Rel remembered that there was still that woman standing on the edge of the wood.

"As you all probably know, there is one more who has not made their presence known."
"Please miss, come before the fire and warm yourself, I for one would like to hear you tale as well"

Alari whimpered a bit, then stumbled his way out of the field. His hair was a mess upon his head, and his only clothing, a knee-length tunic, was torn in places. Plus the fact that his skin was cut, for it was obvious Alari had been wandering through briars, or more likely, running through them. After a moment's hesitation, the child sat on the ground, his face filled with only fear-an obvious sign of Alari's timidness.

In a voice only above a whisper, he spoke. "Wh...what's this place?" Alari asked.

Last edited:
A young woman with flowing hair walked gently barefoot through the snow. She was a lovely woman who seemed to glow in beauty. She had arrived at Aslan's How for shelter. She smiled upon everyone as she walked towards the fire.

"Excuse me, may I please stay here for the night, I have come a long journey and must rest."

She curtsied ,her creme and ice blue cloak touching the ground as she kneeled before everyone.

sorry Gray, I'm very very terrible!!

A heap of rumpled hessian was lying a few meters from the fire, in some lights it seemed to be slowly moving up and down as though a creature beneath it was breathing.

The lump slowy began to stir and from one end, the end at which the feet normally appear, a head of fading red hair appeared, followed by a face, crumpled with sleep and as always a little muddy, appeared.

"oh, dear, " said a rather sleepy voice, " I've been asleep again haven't I? I'm very sorry, please accept my apologies!"

The lady, almost a lady, sat up, rubbed her eyes and glanced around the group, reaching for a skin of water to take the feeling of goat droppings from her mouth, she asked, " So, who have we here?"

The young woman stood up tall as she looked at the creature. She was a bit frightened for creatures were not supposed to talk, but, she reminded herself this wasn't her world but, another world.

"Are you talking to me?"

A young woman about nineteen years of age wanders into the large group slowly. A worn travel cloak with the hood pulled shields her face. The woman looks around nervously.

"Hello, all, I'm Charlie.."

She sits down, apart from the rest, sitting cross legged on the ground, sword against her shoulder.

The lady stepped shyly forward, and knelt before the fire. "I am called 'Faera', though that is not my true name," she said, in a soft voice. "My tale I would not speak yet."

"Welcome, friends," the elderly badger said, heading from the wood with a most unusual burden in his arms. Old but spry, and with the light of vitality still shining in his eyes, he walked toward Aslan's How with a rapt look of expectation.

"Think, do ye, that ye came here of your own accord? Restless tonight? Need a bit of fresh air? I think not. There are witnesses to this act...there are always witnesses." He motioned to the others. "Come closer, don't be shy. This is holy ground, but you are here by invitation."

Just then it became clear by the firelight that his burden was a wrapped bundle of roses, five white and one red. The badger walked slowly toward the doorway that closed the entrance to the How, then kissed the stone door. As tears began to stream down his face, he sang in a soft yet clear voice:

"Five for thy faith were sacrificed
One the whole world did purify
Four more the land did fight to save
Many the brave did fight and die
Faith of the martyrs, holy faith
We will be true to thee till death.

"Although the land in winter lay
Many a year no spring to claim
Still how our hearts did throb with joy
Whene'er we heard the Lion's name
Faith of the martyrs, holy faith
We will be true to thee till death."

The badger looked about. "I have a key. I wear it about my neck always. Shall we see where it leads us?"

The elderly mage put the key into a small hole in the rock and turned it. The stone moved of its own accord, clearing a doorway to a tunnel that leads back into the inside of the mound. "The stone table awaits." He took a small bottle from his purse and held it before him. It began to glow with an amber light much like firelight but steady and bright and, from the looks of the badger's paw, producing no heat. "Follow me."

awsome

keep livving for jesus! and your life will rock u no god has really worked in my life and i am so happy that god came in to my heart jesus loves u dont forgit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I suppose I should follow him.... they seem like good people. Wonder if they'll be anything good to supp tonight, on?

Charlie drew herself to her full height and ajusted her sword belt and drew her cloak tightly around her shoulders.

"by the lion's mane, I am your servent and I follow wherever you shall go as well..."

with that, Charlie followed as well

"Be careful," the badger said quietly. "Say naught, let the place speak to you. Touch naught unless invited. This enclosure was not built to protect the table from you, but you from the table. Turn back now if you will, but if you pass through this door, you must not turn back until you have finished."

The badger turned, then quietly motioned with a paw as he passed through the doorway.

The walls of the passageway were rough hewn stone whose uneven surface swayed drunkenly with light and shadow. There was at first no sound but the nervous shuffling of feet, then suddenly the Mage stopped, held up his arm, and brought the column to a halt. "Listen. Feel."

A light breeze was blowing, ominously, from deeper within the How toward the outside, a thing so strange it would seem impossible anywhere else. And then came the subtle hint of voices.

"Look, he's only a big kitty cat! Here, Pussums! Do you want a saucer of milk?"

The hallway began to hum, a hum so deep that it was more felt than heard.

"The FOOL! The fool has come! BIND HIM!"

The badger began to hurry down the hallway with the others rushing after him from fear and the need to cling to the light.

It seemed to take much longer than the journey should, as if turn led to turn, alley to alley, passage to passage mocked the common sense of all present. And then when everything seemed lost, they emerged at last in a central room in the midst of which were the fragments of the Great Stone Table. The table was the source of the hum, clearly. Around it the letters graven in the stone glowed softly.

"In this room," the badger said in a weak, trembling voice, "the spirits of greatest good and greatest evil came together, and their deeds have marked this place. Dear friends, stand clear of the table. Come no closer."

He quickly stuffed the light inside his cloak and an eerie and total darkness fell over all. And yet within moments, another light, round and sickly yellow, shone through distant clouds. Torches winked in here and there until the whole surrounds were like a convocation of march spirits.

He was there. The Great Lion lay shorn, bound, muzzled. And above him, standing with a face as loveless as it was lovely, was her. The White Witch.

"Know this! You have given me Narnia FOREVER! In that knowledge, despair..."

The badger scrambled onto the table. "My Lord!!"

"...and DIE!"

The badger shrieked with grief and fell upon the lion as his last breath slowly sighed out.

All went dark.

For a time, a very long time, there was no sound, no stirring, no hint of light. And then, quite suddenly, the badger took the light once again from his cloak. All seemed as it should be. The table lay vacant in its ruin. And then when it had all seemed like a horrid vision, the badger opened his other fist, red with blood. He walked quietly to the first pilgrim and said in a hushed voice, "The blood of mercy," touching his forehead and leaving a tiny red spot. He passed each person in turn, repeating the blessing and the anointing. And when he reached the last one, a young girl, he anointed her and then kissed her. "Aslan loves you too, my child."

He then addressed the others. "Lest we forget." He then silently motioned for them to leave. And this time the journey was swift, with but one turn to the right and a clear passage to the night sky.

Finny had silent tears in her eyes. She had heard of how he died, but how could it have been so cruel? so horrid to the King of Kings? she spoke as she had not in some time.

"was that how it truly was?" she asked.

she knew not what else to say.

The badger looks at you sadly. "To every generation there is a reminder sent that we may not forget."

suddenly a young teenage girl wearing a black hoodie and bleached out jeans, walks up to the badger holding back tears; having heard what he was saying earlier she stands thier trying her hardness to hold back tears.

(if this is really bad I'm really sorry please forgive me!)

Last edited:
"Daughter of Eve, if I can cry, I'm sure you can."

The badger sits down outside the how with the young lady next to him. He gives her shoulder a reassuring pat.

"The people that show up each year are never picked at random. Each one is here for a reason, though most of them have no clue what it is. Some find out, others never know. But that's not important. What is important is that you have had a very special gift. In some way what you saw will influence you in making a very important decision in your life."

Back