Cast anyone...

These are my choices for Jill Pole:

1. AnnaSophia Robb(December 8, 1993-USA) Known for the Disney movies: "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Bridge to Terabithia" and "Race to Witch Mountain"...Aravis_yanes, I thought the same!

200812195435_22635200-pelicula-annasophia-robb.jpg

2. Marny Kennedy(January 21, 1994-Australia) Known for her roles as Taylor Fry in "Mortified"(an Australian TV show, 2006)

2325293055_small_5.jpg

3. Saoirse Ronan(Abril 12, 1994-USA) She was born in New York but when she was 3 years-old she moved to Ireland. She has been nominated for best supporting actrees for "Atonement". Now everyone can see her in "The Lovely Bones".

saoirse-ronan.jpg

Last edited:
These choices I've heard it in another website...

4. Dakota Fanning(February 23, 1994-USA)

Push-Los-Angeles-Premiere-2009-dakota-fanning-3869269-354-500.jpg

5. Jodelle Ferland(October 9, 1995-Canada) Kwonf for the movie "Case 39" When she was for years-old she was nominated for an Emmy. I think she's a little young. Will Poulter was born in January 28, 1993.

jodelle-ferland-3.JPG

6. Taylor Momsen(July 26, 1993-USA)Known for her role as Jenny Humphfrey in the TV Show "Gossip Girl" and the movie "Paranoid Park"....This is a freaky idea!!! :S

93.jpg

Lady of the Green Kirtle

Rachelle Lefevre(February 1, 1979-Canada) Known for her role as Victoria in "Twilight" and "New Moon". I think she's perfect!

lefevre.jpg

Last edited:
Jackelinetas, I am generally not in favor of American actresses to play Jill. I do not know Marny Kennedy, but Saiorse Ronan may be acceptable. Another suggestion, if they want to go for actresses who have already been in movies, is Emma Bolger. She played the younger sister to her real-life older sister in the movie "In America".

She is from Ireland, born in early 1996, which is about 3 years younger than Will.

MrBob

SO I just saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes last night, and I have to say, if they can think up a different look for Shift the Ape ( whcih I'm sure they will. he'd have to like wisened and wethered with time), then Andy Serkis ( Gollum in LOTR) would be a good choice for Shift.

Not only is he not an "A-list name", he is a brilliant voice actor-His Screwtape voice for the Focus on the Family audio drama sounded nothing like Gollum in LOTR, so he could give Shift a different voice easily. Couple that with his the motion capture techniques used for LOTR and we could have an awesome Shift the Ape.

But then again if he did take the part that would be the third ape he played after Kong and Ceaser. Then before you know it, he's being typcasted as a monkey, so maybe not.

The Magician's Nephew cast.

As far as a cast for Magician's Nephew goes, I agree with whoever said that Christopher Lloyd would play a good Uncle Andrew. Although, Mr. Lloyd may be too old for that role.

Some ideas I have are:

Uncle Andrew: Johnny Depp, or Robert Downey, Jr.

Mrs. Ketterley: I don't know.

Digory: Hmm.

Polly: Ah . . . yes, the girl from Hugo: Chloë Grace Moretz.

Jadis: The same actress from the first three films, of course!

The cabby: Michael Caine.

Johnny Depp haha! That would actually be epic xD

Apart from that, I have no ideas regarding the casting...except don't dare replace Tilda Swinton as Jadis in MN. I can't imagine anyone else playing that part. It would be bizarre.

True...Johnny Depp is great at accents so he could definitely pull it off and make it all rather believable, but still, I do see where you're coming from. It wouldn't feel as authentic I guess, to have Americans join the cast, lol.

Despite his lack of British heritage, I really think Johnny Depp would do a fantastic job. Also, I rather liked the idea of Robert Downey Jr. for that part as well. He also has done a British accent before in Sherlock Holmes. I think both would certainly rise to the challenge. So, were any ideas thrown out for Digory yet?

Freddie Highmore as Shasta (Cor) and Corin? He was fantastic in Charlie and the Chocolate factory and August Rush.

Maybe Colin Firth as King Lune? Might be a bit of a stretch, but I think he would fit the role. ;) Though some people might not be able to disasociate him with his role of Mr. Darcy in the six hour version of Pride and Prejudice. *shrugs*

Freddie Highnore is too old for Shasta. He turned 20 this past Valentine's Day. By the time they get to this movie, he'll be able to play King Lune.

MrBob

Back