Help needed with Narnia question!

I think mine has them laughing and it disappears...so I must not have the US version. Odd. Of course, I am not where mine came from. I was moving some books from one bookcase to another, and there they were! Never read, so I read them. I am fairly certain they were made the US. That is interesting, how there are changes like that.

Since 1994, books printed in the US are the same as the original british edition, so it wouldn't be that strange for your books not to have the revised text.

PrinceOfTheWest said:
Look in Prince Caspian, where Peter is dictating to Dr. Cornelius.
oh yes, I know that. I meant in this thread. Should have elaborated on that I guess :)

Last edited:
PrinceOfTheWest said:
I think he made it up :D Peter wouldn't have been chatelain of the Lone Islands - maybe Cair Paravel, but not the Islands. Chatelain (or Chatelaine, if a woman) was the master or mistress of a castle. Due to lords being off at court or other places, often the women ended up with the role, and it was one of tremendous power.

I seem to rember 'Chatelin of Cair Paravel, Emperor of the Lone Islands'. The witch used a similar title as well.

Questions about the book

I need to know some information one most of the chapters like what happend,I need this for a book report.

Hey---

THese are the titles::

Peter-- High King Sir Peter Wolfsbane the Magnificent
Susan--Queen Susan the Gentle
Edmund--King Edmund the Just
Lucy--Queen Lucy the Valiant

if you want them from the movies, too,

Peter (rater complicated): High King Sir Peter Wolfsbane the Magnificent of the Clear Northern Sky

Susan: Queen Susan the Gentle of the Radiant Southern Sun

---I forget Lucy and Edmund's...by accident, of course!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter-Sir Peter Wolfes bane, King peter the magnificent
Susan-Queen Susan the Gentle, Queen Susan of the horn
Edmund-King Edmund the Just
Lucy-Queen Lucy the Valiant

parker said:
I need to know some information one most of the chapters like what happend,I need this for a book report.

Would "reading the book" be out of the question? :(

[Prof Kirke]Bless me, what do they teach them in these schools?[/PK]

Back