home schooling or public schooling

Why is that?
A) I'd like the experience
B) ......Honestly I'd like a new batch of people I know. A lot of the people at my homeschool co-op aren't really friends with me.
C) It seems fun to me.
D) I'm failing homeschool and think (Against everyone else opinion :rolleyes:) that I might have an easier time in a classroom setting.
E) I just like change.

B) ......Honestly I'd like a new batch of people I know. A lot of the people at my homeschool co-op aren't really friends with me.

Had that problem, I'm so thankful for Youth Group and Quizzing so I see all my friends practically every day anyway.

Ahh, okey, then I understand. We typically have two years of high-school education on different subjects, like electricians, or people who wants to do college after high-school... The people who chooses to do two years of something practical has to do an apprenticeship in a company after that. Thanks; cleared it up for me! ;)
some students can take prenursing classes at highschool (and similar classes) but it really depends on how large the city (i.e. the school's budget) and how many people want to take the class

My Alipang Havens story (shameless plug) includes a depiction of the real-life fact that sometimes homeschoolers are permitted by school districts to join extracurricular activities of the nearest public school.

I'm with Inkspot on this. Homeschooling and public school can both be really good options, and they can be really bad options. It depends on the student, the school, the parents...probably also the subjects you're most interested in. Personally, I was in public school through junior high; then I ran off to boarding school. I think I would have done fairly well homeschooling in elementary school; certainly we'd have moved faster than, say, my third grade class ever did (although in the rest of my grades I had a fantastic education, and I don't regret public school at all). As far as middle school/high school went though, I'm very glad my parents didn't decide to homeschool me; I don't think our temperaments would have meshed very well. My relationship with my parents was a train wreck in high school; I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if I'd been at home. (Boarding school was a fantastic choice for me, but like public school or homeschooling it wouldn't be for everyone.)

I also think it's important to remember that sometimes there aren't any perfect choices--sometimes it's a balancing act: where can I get the best education, where can I learn best, what's going to work for my family?

The reason why I stress wanting to protect homeschooling is because there is NO danger of jackbooted homeschool stormtroopers shutting down all public schools. It is the homeschooling option which is threatened with tyrannical suppression.

10 Homeschooler FAQ

While we're on this subject, I thought I'd lighten up the mood a little with the 10 most FA homeschooler Q.
1. Do you do school in your pajamas?
2. What about your social life?
3. Do you have to do school in your basement?
4. How do you teach yourself?
5. Do you have to take tests every year to make sure you're doing the work like public schooled kids?
6. (Implied) Do you wear glasses and long dresses and suspenders?
7. Are there a million kids in your family?
8. Is you mom REALLY your teacher?
9. What do you do for fun?
10. Do you have any friends?
:p

Public or Private school all the way. I went through grade and high school as homeschool and wanted so badly to go to Public school.:( I'm very happy now that I'm at a public college.:D

While we're on this subject, I thought I'd lighten up the mood a little with the 10 most FA homeschooler Q.
1. Do you do school in your pajamas?
2. What about your social life?
3. Do you have to do school in your basement?
4. How do you teach yourself?
5. Do you have to take tests every year to make sure you're doing the work like public schooled kids?
6. (Implied) Do you wear glasses and long dresses and suspenders?
7. Are there a million kids in your family?
8. Is you mom REALLY your teacher?
9. What do you do for fun?
10. Do you have any friends?
:p

1) No I don't.
2) My social life is perfectly normal. I have my homeschooled friends, my friends in my neighborhood (public schooled) and my church friends (also public schooled)
3) Ummm no why would I? I don't have a basement but even if I did, no. We do have a "school room" (basically our computer room/study, but we call it the school room)
4) I don't teach myself. Either my mom does, or I have some lessons on the computer (my higher math and science is on computer)
5) I do take tests. But it doesn't have anything to do with if your doing school work like public kids. It's more of a placement test to see if you're where you should be for your grade.
6) No, I don't need glasses or contacts and no, I don't wear long dresses. I wear jeans like everyone else.
7) No. Just me and my little brother.
8) Like I said above, my mom does teach me in some of my subjects and then others are on computer
9) I hang out with my friends. On Friday nights we might go bowling, movies ... whatever. ;)
10) Um, yes I do. Quite a few actually.

When my daughter was being homeschooled by her Mom, she contributed articles to the "school newspaper" of our homeschooling cooperative. Have any of our homeschoolers here done that?

mmm I've been in private school all my life, yet here private and public school are way different from the ones from the USA, so don't misunderstand me :D

mmm well... public and private school both wear uniforms, here schools don't wear normal clothes, umm public schools aren't to good, private ones are, most of children with normal economic status prefer to go to private school they aren't to expensive but not to cheap either, there are all spanish schools, and bilanguage schools as well.

In your bilingual schools, is the second language always English? Maybe Portuguese in some schools, in case anyone might go to Brazil?

in most of them yes... but others are french or italian... with our language it's a deffect of learning portuguese, if u learn it u'll forget spanish I dunno why but it's a real fact so, I would not risk my spanish for learning portuguese

I used to speak Spanish, and have had some exposure to Portuguese, so I believe I can tell you what the problem is. Exactly _because_ the two languages are so similar, you could fail to _notice_ when you were at one of the points of difference. Like the similar-yet-different words for "where": DONDE in Spanish, and ONDE in Portuguese.

Back