How Long Should Narnia Films Be?

jasmine tarkheena

Now that we've got news that Greta Gerwig is going to write and direct at least 2 Narnia films (we don't know which of those two will be though), it sure would make you wonder how long Narnia films should be. Any ideas on what the runtime should be?

It doesn't MATTER how long they are. Once you come back through the wardrobe you'll be the same age you were when you entered. ;-)

Right. I was just looking at the runtime from previous adaptations-

LWW 1967 TV Series (which I haven't seen) were 20 minutes for each episode

The animated LWW from 1979, which was the first adaptation I've watched, was 90 minutes long.

The BBC TV Series-
LWW- 172 minutes
PC and VDT- 30 minutes per episode
SC- 26 per Episode

The Walden Film Franchise-
LWW- 143 minutes
PC- 150 minutes
VDT- 113 minutes

It's not about how long they are but about how good they are. Time is relative to the greatness of a film. The better the movie, the shorter the film feels. The worse the film, the longer the film feels. However, two to two and a half hours is a safe limit.

Two and a half hours feels like a decent time. You can always do Part 1 and 2 for films that might demand that, if necessary.
I've thought about that they might do The Last Battle into two movies, much like it was done with the last Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. Then, I'm not so sure. Splitting the final book into two movies might not be a thing anymore. Then of course, The Last Battle could end having the longest runtime, like Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

Back