Middle Names for Narnia Characters

jasmine tarkheena

I actually thought of middle names for each Narnia character. In the books, Eustace's full name is "Eustace Clarence Scrubb." He's the only character that we know of that has a middle names. For the others, some I could think of are-

Digory Edward or Digory Martin

Polly Ann

Peter Andrew

Susan Elizabeth

Edmund Henry

Lucy Rose

Jill Margaret

Digory James Kirke

Polly Victoria Plummer

Peter Arthur Pevensie

Susan Gwendolyn Pevensie

Edmund Richard Pevensie

Lucy Mary Pevensie

Jill Elizabeth Pole

Last edited:
Yes. Yes it is. I had initially thought about using the European naming convention with Digory and give him a family name, a Christian name ( or given name), and a middle name and have him be "Arthur Digory James Kirke" but that just felt silly.

If I went with that, Peter's middle name would have been Henry as in King Henry V as overall, I just went with the names of Kings and Queens of England, with Gwendolyn being a derivative of Guinevere. Polly got Victoria as she was born toward the end of Queen Victoria's reign.

I actually kind of thought of Digory Martin, Polly Ann, and Lucy Rose since CS Lewis was originally going to named the four children Ann, Martin, Rose and Peter. Instead, he ended up naming them Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy.

Peter Andrew is for the two brothers that were followers of Jesus, Peter and Andrew. Many parents named their girls after the princesses of that time, Elizabeth (Susan Elizabeth) and Margaret Rose (Lucy Rose and Jill Margaret).

I looked up popular names of children born in during the time the characters were born. As for Polly and Digory, those names were the names of two of Queen Victoria's children (Alice and Alfred being her third and fourth children) and of course, Peter's middle name was the king of England.

Back