Name Origins

jasmine tarkheena

I don't believe there's been a thread about our user names and what inspired us to use them in the forum. I would like to hear others as well.

I'll go and start with mine. It's a combination of my real name and "tarkheena." I think it's because I have wanted to be a Calormene (a free and nice one, that is). The name "Jasmine' also happens to be of a Arabic and Persian Origin. Also, Emeth is my favorite character in the series, because he chose a different path than most Calormenes.

What inspired your user names?

As I understand it, my mum wished to have cubs but never could. She wished on the Evening Star for offspring...even if only one. And I was born, an only furling. She named me in honour of my supernatural benefactor.

My username is completely unrelated to Narnia.

I used to use Lilly way back when usernames first became a thing, I like it as a flower and have always loved it as a name. However, as the internet got..bigger...the name lilly was often unavailable when I needed to create a username. I had a hard time coming up with a new username whilst keeping my information uncluttered, 36 names on 36 different sites can be a bit much, so, exasperated, I said "I'm going with Lilly anyway!" So I typed in lillyanyway and a voila, problem solved.😊

Fifty years ago, there was a D.C. comicbook series about a gallant swordsman called Iron-Wolf. Sadly, it didn't last long; but since I encountered it around the same time as I learned to play Dungeons and Dragons, I took inspiration there for purposes of character naming.

The dice ALWAYS hated me. Rolling a fighter character, I got stuck with a lousy TWELVE in strength. Such a relative weakling could never be called "Iron" anything, but I did at least have good intelligence. Thus, the inspiration from Iron-Wolf gave birth to COPPERFOX, and the name stayed with me right into Narnian roleplaying on the old "Valiant Mouse" forum.

Mine is because I wanted to add my favourite series so I used Hermione because she was the only girl I knew of back when I signed in, Lucy is my favourite charachter for some reason and Chase was because Annabeth was the only girl I knew in Percy Jackson though I am thinking of adding a KOTLC Charachter's name and then I might do my other favourite series later.

I love your idea for this thread, Jasmine Tarkheena!
My name is based on the French verb for "bless." I feel blessed in so many ways, and want to alllow God to work in + through my life to bless others.

My username is a bit of a munge of my full name. The first "r" is for Robert. "ray" is for Raymond. "m" is for McGirt. I came up with it because, in my first IT job, somebody else had already claimed "rrm".

Originally, I used some derivative of my name. Then, I started learning more about internet safety and removed my full name and just used a part of it and put the term "Lady" in front of it.
Years and years ago, when the RPG section was vibrant and full of people, there was a RPG called Arothus: the Elf RPG. My elf was named Ava. It went from Lady Ava to Lava and it has been that way ever since.

I love the name Ava.

If i may be "Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells" momentarily:

Dear daughter of a celebrity that i read about last year. Ava may be too common a name in your Generation Z but your choice of Elliott is a crappy name on a beautiful girl or woman. See also: Cobie Smulders.

Princess Frances, to poke a little fun at your fandom, the name was originally "Doctor Whom" but it sounded too pretentious. ;-) (BTW: I used to be a big Doctor Who fan)

Sorry everyone, I'm just irritated at mothers' hypocrisy - and if we are honest with ourselves, mothers still have the last say, as they'd name their daughter Tristan to purportedly break down gender barriers but wouldn't name their son Ellen.

That can go down the wrong path in a hurry. Certain things deserve to be discussed frankly and civilly, but not on a Narnia forum, please.

Back