Narnia Audio Tapes

you don't have to be old to have listened to michael hordon

i wouldn't say that i'm old, because i listened to the michael hordon narnia tapes. i'm only 18, but i grew up listening to them. they're the best books-on-tapes i've ever listened to.

Hello Benjamin!! I don't know if it's possible to get the Horden version on CD, although that would save me hours of stress listening for the noise of the tape screwing up!
One of the large 'net based shops may have them?

Just about to put a set of LP vinyl RECORDS on EBAY of the Chronicles Of Narnia - Michael Horden, in 3 sets totaling 8 LPs, they are from 1981, gatefold sleeves illustrated by stephen Lavis and photos of CS Lewis, M Horden and the harpist with info

There`s a Focus On The Family Radio Drama one out x] It has ALL 7 books recorded and everything :] It`s really good and I`m finishing up Prince Caspian (it goes in those numbering orders- not the publishing dates).

I recommend those.

Interesting....if not really preachy. It kind of reminds me of my husband's father's funeral when the Baptist minister stands up and practically tells us that we're all going to hell....etc. Needless to say, that is the last time we will ever go with a Baptist. (If you are Baptist, I don't mean to be rude. I'm sure not all Baptists are like.) It was unfortunate that he had to have his body cremated, and his own minister wouldn't come because they didn't believe in cremation.

Rachel

Last edited:
rosymole said:
I'm posting this because I've just found, and purchased the complete CoN on casette, read by Michael Horden (if any of you younger peeps don't know what a casette is some of us aged ones can tell you!)

I used to have LWW and HHB of thses many years ago and was obsessed by them, they had amazing harp music on them too, and just wondered if anyone else had had the joy of hearing them?

I am so jealous of you! I used to listen to them every night before going to bed. The harp and the flute ..I can still hear, and I would love to be able to buy copies to enjoy today.

Dina said:
I am so jealous of you! I used to listen to them every night before going to bed. The harp and the flute ..I can still hear, and I would love to be able to buy copies to enjoy today.

wonderful Ebay is the best bet i think..I'm thinking about trying out some new versions, like the Radio Theatre one with Davod Suchet in..

Does anyone know how many radio theater production of the chronicles are out there? I'm thinking there is two versions...and if there are, I'd like to get the one I don't have, but I'm not sure.

I have the BBC (Focus on the Family) version with David Suchet as Aslan and Douglas Gresham adding a side note for each production...but I may have come across one that was recorded in 2004? Can anyone confirm this?

Rachel

Cassettes? Cassettes??

Reel to reel tape!!

Yes-sir-ree, I used to record things on reels of tape like the old Scotch 3M "Black Watch" tapes that had graphite on the back so they wouldn't cling coming off the feed reel!

And yes, I actually used and RECORDED on 8-Track Cartridges! My first was a dub of the soundtrack to Star Wars: A New Hope.

One thing I enjoyed doing with the early cassette tapes was recording the sound portion of TV programs before I could afford a Video Cassette Recorder.

Yes, I did record video before the VCR. It too was reel-to-reel and you had to do an "omega wrap" around the video drum.

Before you ask, yes, I am an all digital junkie now and the only tape I use is DV with my digital video camcorder.

Here is my age, folks. Home movies with sound meant shooting Super 8 film with a magnetic stripe.

Back