Silly Ideas for the Netflix Narnia Movies and Shows

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
@BarbarianKing created a thread like this for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and I wanna say I think he also had done it for Prince Caspian. I figured we could use one for the Netflix productions now that they're starting from scratch.

So, let's start coming up with ideas that will make the team at Netflix put on a face like this:

Elizabeth Olsen Ugh GIF

Since The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader have all been made in live-action twice already, both times with children, this time, let's have them all be in their mid-to-late teens. Cast it with the stars of the latest CW teen-angst drama. And this time, the Pevensies aren't siblings by blood. They're all adopted. So in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, when Edmund leaves to betray his family, it's because of jealousy. But he's also remembering the hotdogs and ice-cold Coca-Cola that the White Witch had provided earlier.

The Pevensies are all played by African-British actors. Lucy finds Narnia when trying to find a bathroom but instead opens the door to the linen closet. She only goes with Tumnus because he had a proper toilet in his house.

MrBob

Make the Voyage of the Dawn Treader be about fleet of ships call the Dawn Treaders. They travel together from island to island, and each episode in the 20 episode series (because why not) will follow the crews as they take over each island, and leave behind one ship from their fleet. By the end, their fleet is down to the last ship.

How about Eustace turns into a T-Rex instead of a dragon. And he stomps around "Dragon Islland" and chases after the characters, but reveals in a way he's under enchantment.

Last edited:
In an episode called "Rhyme Time," everyone is infected with a virus that causes them to only reply in rhymes. Aslan saves them by asking, "Do you want an orange?"

If they did a Monty Pythonesque money-saving gesture of having EVERY interior space be the same exact room with the same exact decorations, and a sign that says "A Different Building" or "Throne Room". Perhaps to have the White Witch condemn Narnia to be always Ash Wednesday and never Easter. So everyone in the cast--including talking beasts--has this little cross of ashes on the forehead and they can never eat meat. Finally all the characters, including Aslan, are wearing cheap 1960s style masks for their character. Aslan has a lion face, Mr. Beaver has a bucky face. And to cut down on production costs, only hire as many actors as there are people on camera. So use the same five or six people (using their regular voices) to do ALL the parts, with conspicuous jump cuts that obviously show the same person with a different mask, made more obvious by the fact that the way they dress from the neck down DOES NOT CHANGE.

How about Eustace turns into a T-Rex instead of a dragon. And he stomps around "Dragon Islland" and chases after the characters, but reveals in a way he's under enchantment.
How about Godzilla instead of a T-Rex? That way he can still blow fire. Complete with the leitmotif from the original 1954 movie.

Have a villain who introduces land-line telephones to the Narnian world, for the sinister purpose of exposing people to telemarketers.
And then in the Dark Island in VoDT, where it appears that no one can reach them all of a sudden the phone rings and Caspian an picks up only to hear one of these familiar, blood chilling messages, all in a row, each one answered by a different character.

Caspian:

"We are trying to reach you about the extended warranty on your vehicle."

*hangs up *

Edmund:
"This is Rachel from Card Member Services."

*hangs up*

Lucy:
"Hello? Hello? Oh sorry I can't hear you I didn't have my headset on..."

*hangs up*

Reepicheep:

"Do you have a rodent problem? Try Happy trails Exterminators!"
Reep: " I challenge you to send any one of your exterminators my way. They shall taste cold steel!"

*hangs up*

Eustace:
"Can you take a few minutes to tell us who you plan to vote for in the next Presidential election?"
"I could, but I'm afraid there are two problems. See first, I'm a British Citizen and second, I believe I'm under age. I feel that I cannot legally vote for any one in your elections."
"Oh, that's fine. We'll just register you to vote in Chicago. We do it all the time .We've even had dead people cast ballots .Sometimes twice. Now who are you voting for?"
"Hmmm, lets see...Me. I'll write in me."
"But didn't you just say you were British and under age?"
"Why yes."
"Then how can you vote for yourself?"
"Simple. If we're going to be breaking the rules anyway, I may as well throw my hat in the ring. Besides, it's clear by this call that your country is in sore need of someone with brains to lead it."
"We've had people with brains..."
"Who? Your Mr. Washington, your Mr. Adams, your Mr. Jefferson, your Mr .Quincy Adams or your Mr. Lincoln? All fine chaps I suppose, but they are all dead."
"We've had more...."
"True, Mr. Teddy Roosevelt does seem like a character from your cinema, and I'll admit your FDR did a bang up job durring the war, and Ike was quite the general. "
"Just please. Answer my question. I'll give you a list of candidates and you tell me which one you'll likely vote for..."
"We've been through this before. Me."
"Please, sir, take this seriously. This is the Most Important Election of Our Time (TM)."
"Wasn't the last one?"
"Why, yes."
"And the one before that?"
"True."
'And the one before that?"
"Sure."
"Then tell me, if this election is The Most Important Election of Our Time (TM), then how could those early four also be The Most Important Election of Our Time (TM)."
"Well...they all are! That's the essence of democracy."
"No, the essence of democracy is that people have an equal voice in their representational government, not unnecessary sensationalism for what amounts to a popularity contest amongst two people making outlandish promises and fulfilling none of them in return. Now kindly jog off!"

*Slams the phone down, yanks it off the wall and tosses it in the water.*

At that moment the Dark Island vanishes.

Edmund: By Jove, Eustace! You've done it!

"

Shall we have a realistic list. Susan and Lucy are better warriors than Peter and Edmund. Aslan is basically non-existent as the children manage to do everything for themselves. There is some interesting characters in every book with way more modern ideas about social issues than C.S. Lewis would want (if you catch my drift). Added plot points that take away the meaning of most of the story. Removed plot points that deaden the whole point.

A couple of less pessimistic ideas: make the jackdaw much more ridiculous and send him with Digory, Polly, and Fledge. Have Peekiceek on the Dawn Treader too as he is Caspian's trumpeter.

Aslan is unmasked as really being the boss of an EEEEEEEEEEE-vil business corporation. Jadis is a heroic investigative reporter who exposes the scandal.

Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy pull off a rubber mask on Jadis to reveal "Old Man Jenkins!" Who yells "I would have gotten away with it do if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your lion!"

They decide to pull it from air forever 34 minutes into the first episode and replace the episode with a rerun of “Cheers”.

View attachment 12792
Hey, now...we're talking "silly" not cruel.

Then again, this is Netflix, where they cancel good shows all too soon, and extend bad ones past their expiration dates. Even if they don't cancel a good one, they'll over extend it to the point that it declines in quality and keep it running ad infinitum...which is why we'll be seeing new seasons of Stranger things until the "kids" are all old enough to start being spokespeople for Safe Step Walk-in Tubs and remind viewers to sign up for Medicare.

Back