* Spoilers Did the three children die at the end of the story?

chonghh90

Did Peter, Edmund and Lucy die at the last story?
or they just live in the other place?
i not very understand with the ending,can someone help me? :D

welcome chonghh90, That question is dealt with all over this forum. Search around to find more on this. But it looks like the children all died, except Susan.

Welcome to the Forum, Chonghh! I didn't see you post before.

You read The Last Battle and are trying to figure out what happened to the kids?

***TLB Spoilers***

It seems that the kids were in a train accident and died, and what do you know, their parents were on the train theirs collided wiith, so their parents died, too. But Lewis manages to make this death seem llike more of a promotion, because they were freed from life on this earth and given eternal ife in the new -- or the true -- Narnia.

I think this is what our own death will be like if we are followers of Jesus: we will be set free from life on this earth and released into a life of joy with Him, an even better life than what we can imagine in Narnia with Aslan!

Their bodies died. Like the stable door, however, death is merely a doorway to eternal life. So, the children did not die in the spiritual side but live forever with Aslan/Christ.

They all die because if you remeber one of them said, "All I remeber is that there was a loud bang and then we were here." because if you remeber none of the original four were to return until they died. Because they were in the "true" Narnia and their parents were in true England is because they were once king and queens of Narnia and had to return.

All you guys' posts made me misty-eyed.
I knew, before it was stated, that they'd passed. I just knew it.
I was about 6 or 7 when I first read it, and when I finished I cried for hours.
But, now that I'm older, and reading it again, it means much more than my favourite characters dying. I realized, last year or something, that it was all symbolism, and the new Narina was heaven and Aslan was like God and they all finally achieved real peace... And all that made me cry even harder.

Reading the Last Battle made me want to cry, the fact the books were over and that C.S. Lewis died. I was about 7 when I asked my mom,"When I go to heaven can I talk to C.S. Lewis?" all I know is that when I get to heaven after meeting the savior I'm asking God where Mr. Lewis is so we can have a nice long chat in God years :D

i have just finish the series and loved it. the ending in the last battle surprised me. I had no idea that would happen. this might sound bad but i wish suzan would have died with them. I mean can you imagine being at home and getting a call that said that your whole family died. that would really stink. I hope she returns to aslan on day though to join them.

sorry for spelling errors

Welcome King Phillip and Grimmcest! I didn't see either of you post before.

Phillip, somewhere on this site you'll find an old thread all about whatever happened to Susan. I think there is the possibility that she came to Aslan's country another way, later in her life ...

welcome King Phiilip! Yeah, its always a shame about susan but I think thats where C.S. Lewis' christianity shines through. Alot of times I get caught up in the fantasy and fiction and its times like that that reminds me of the Narnia roots.

I kind of guessed it a few pages before the ending, I thought it was cool how they thought there was a crash, but then they thought "It's magic." like in Prince Caspian,
Then at the end, Lucy? starts crying about not wanting to go home again, and then Aslan says "Your father and mother and all of you are-as you used to call it in the Shadowlands--dead. The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning." and I sat there jaw dropped. And then I finished reading the book and sat there and thought about everything. It was wonderful :)

King Philip, why would you want Susan to die? I hope you realize (please pardon my language), that is implied that if Susan would have died and gone to.........hell......... because she was no longer a friend of Narnia/Gods Kingdom/Aslan/God,Christ, and The Holy Spirit.

King Philip, why would you want Susan to die? I hope you realize (please pardon my language), that is implied that if Susan would have died and gone to.........hell......... because she was no longer a friend of Narnia/Gods Kingdom/Aslan/God,Christ, and The Holy Spirit.

Well, in LWW, it is said, "Once a king or Queen in Narnia, always a king or queen in narnia." So I'm sure that if Susan had died, she would have gone to narnia. She simply wasn't pleasing Aslan right before her death.

I think that's like in real life with God. I personally believe that once you become totally comitted to God and make him your Lord, even though you might go through times in your life where disobey and reject him, he won't reject you. And then when you die, you go to heaven. That's my belief.

Narnian_Blade said:
Well, in LWW, it is said, "Once a king or Queen in Narnia, always a king or queen in narnia." So I'm sure that if Susan had died, she would have gone to narnia. She simply wasn't pleasing Aslan right before her death.

I think that's like in real life with God. I personally believe that once you become totally comitted to God and make him your Lord, even though you might go through times in your life where disobey and reject him, he won't reject you. And then when you die, you go to heaven. That's my belief.
You're right there; when we make a committment to God and change our lives with that decision, everything we ever did wrong is wiped, and everything we are ever going to do will be ignored because you made that decision. I like the way you linked that with the 'once a King or Queen...' phrase, very stylish!

Susan got to new Narnia/Heaven I reckon (or KNOW), but it only took her longer to realize all about Narnia. As you said, "Ocne a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia." xP

cathyrh said:
Susan got to new Narnia/Heaven I reckon (or KNOW), but it only took her longer to realize all about Narnia. As you said, "Ocne a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia." xP

she didnt because she didnt die, because she was in america, she didnt die in the railway accident

Back