* Spoilers Did the three children die at the end of the story?

I believe that Susan is like mankind. She fell from innocent grace, matter of factly like Adam or Eve she was newly aware of how she was being seen (hiding behind makeup rather than fig leaves, but you catch my drift).

Still, one must re-read the serpent's tale, how he promised Eve that she would not surely die. That was a half truth. The serpent knew she would not surely die with a capital "D" because a savior would come.

So yes she died, and yet she did not die without a trace.

Susan is like that, out of the garden (Narnia) and yet ultimately the subject of Christ's redeeming love and therefore a recipient of justification through grace. Like Eve, she was expelled from her original paradise. Like Eve she eventually found a new paradise. Even so shall Susan find her paradise in the New Narnia.

I beleive that once sasan got the news that her whole family had past, she realized that it had to do something with aslan narnia. So my point is that she may have turned back to aslan/christ and narnia.

yeah i was upset when they died. but they died in our world but they were relesed from their bodies and put in aslan s word. im not sure if that was the case of eustuce and jill. i expect it was.

Sure it was - they were on the train, too. It's just that while the others were dropped behind the Stable Door, Jill and Eustace were dropped next to King Tirian where he was tied to the tree. Don't you remember when Jill and Eustace were walking along, talking about what might happen to them back in their world if they were to die in Narnia? And Eustace speculates that they might have gotten "smashed up by British Railways", and how he'd felt an great jolt just before they appeared before Tirian?

They both, of course, eventually went through the Stable Door and joined the others.

G.E. Boehm said:
Reading the Last Battle made me want to cry, the fact the books were over and that C.S. Lewis died. I was about 7 when I asked my mom,"When I go to heaven can I talk to C.S. Lewis?" all I know is that when I get to heaven after meeting the savior I'm asking God where Mr. Lewis is so we can have a nice long chat in God years :D

I read a book once (I can't remember if the title was 'Deadline' or 'Dominion', and I think it was by Randy Alcorn) and during the length of the book, the father is reading LWW to his kids. Anyways, one of his little girls, about 4 or 5, and his wife get killed by accident. This little girl was fascinated with Aslan and when they get to Heaven and meet God, the first thing this little girl does is run up to Him and say "Are you Aslan?"

Oh that made me cry!!!! I forget what He replied, but it was beautiful.

Reading TLB always makes me cry, always and always! It's such a beautiful book, my favorite.

ok, im going to sum this up as easily as i can. for those of you confused about last battle's ending, and the fate of dear ol' Susan,
you should probably try reading the last book of the bible.
REVELATIONS
the last battle's story is based on this book, only revelations takes it to extreme detail, symbolism, and mystery, and yes at times......scary as hell
you don't have to believe what you read in it, ( i've read it many times )
but it'll clear up the questions resolving the last battle.

PrinceOfTheWest said:
Sure it was - they were on the train, too. It's just that while the others were dropped behind the Stable Door, Jill and Eustace were dropped next to King Tirian where he was tied to the tree. Don't you remember when Jill and Eustace were walking along, talking about what might happen to them back in their world if they were to die in Narnia? And Eustace speculates that they might have gotten "smashed up by British Railways", and how he'd felt an great jolt just before they appeared before Tirian?

They both, of course, eventually went through the Stable Door and joined the others.

yes i just reread the book. so yes jill and eustrce did die.

I haven't read Last Battle in a long time. For some reason when I first read the books (I was like 7) and i just read the books in random order. The Last Battle was first. I didn't understand a thing because 1) I was so young and 2) i didn't know anything that happened before. I haven't read it since, but reading this thread really makes me want to. Right now I'm reading all the books through in the "official" order, not publication. I'm on Prince Caspian right now. I can't wait to read TLB again. I didn't get really sad reading TLB, because, like I said, it just went right over me. The first time I cried ever reading a book was when i read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, when it was found out that Edmund and Lucy could never come back. I really can't wait to read TLB again.

I recently finished TLB again about a month ago, and it really left me feeling sad. You know that all of the children are happier in the true Narnia, but you can't help but feel a sense of sadness about their passing. It was a marvelous and meaningful way to end the book and the series. Only C.S. Lewis could have come up with and ending like that!

...i cried for hours too...but if you ever really did read a book carefully the author of the book really had a reason for all of the sadness and fear of the characters

Also, did you notice that Lucy and Tirian are both crying? Despite the wonder of the New Narnia, there was true loss at the end of the Old Narnia. As Gandalf puts it, "I will not say, 'do not weep', for not all tears are evil."

Welcome to the Forum, Chonghh! I didn't see you post before.

You read The Last Battle and are trying to figure out what happened to the kids?

***TLB Spoilers***

It seems that the kids were in a train accident and died, and what do you know, their parents were on the train theirs collided wiith, so their parents died, too. But Lewis manages to make this death seem llike more of a promotion, because they were freed from life on this earth and given eternal ife in the new -- or the true -- Narnia.

I think this is what our own death will be like if we are followers of Jesus: we will be set free from life on this earth and released into a life of joy with Him, an even better life than what we can imagine in Narnia with Aslan!
It sucks for Susan sadly. She lost her 2 brothers, her sister, her cousin, and both her parents in the same accident.

ok, im going to sum this up as easily as i can. for those of you confused about last battle's ending, and the fate of dear ol' Susan,
you should probably try reading the last book of the bible.
REVELATIONS
the last battle's story is based on this book, only revelations takes it to extreme detail, symbolism, and mystery, and yes at times......scary as hell
you don't have to believe what you read in it, ( i've read it many times )
but it'll clear up the questions resolving the last battle.
I don't think The Last Battle is really all that similar to Revelations. You do have the figures of the Devil, Antichrist and False Prophet (Tash, Puzzle and Shift) but instead of all three being thrown into the lake of fire, the Devil consumes the False Prophet before being banished to parts unknown while the Antichrist (Anti-Aslan) figure end up among the redeemed in Paradise. I can just imagine Lewis chuckling to himself when he wrote that!
But there are no four Horseman, no angels with vials containing the seven last plagues. The strongest Biblical inspiration seems to me to be not Revelations but the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats in Matthew.
Remember this is a Narnian apocalypse so it doesn't need to match exactly what's been prophesied about the end times of our world. They are two different universes.

Back