Tattoos

Alices

Ugh, not sure if I'm posting this to the right place, so please move it if it's wrong.

Do you have any tattoos? Could you ever take one? Do you like them? Why / why not?

Just asking for fun. I have one, took it when I had just turned 17. I'm going to take a second one later this year, it's going to be a beautiful quote from a beautiful person who means more than my life to me. And it's going to be almost completely hidden, so it's very private :)

I don't have a problem with them morally,but personally would never want one.;)Besides I have a really low tolerance to pain,so I couldn't get one anyway.:p

Ugh, not sure if I'm posting this to the right place, so please move it if it's wrong.

Do you have any tattoos? Could you ever take one? Do you like them? Why / why not?

Just asking for fun. I have one, took it when I had just turned 17. I'm going to take a second one later this year, it's going to be a beautiful quote from a beautiful person who means more than my life to me. And it's going to be almost completely hidden, so it's very private :)

Why would you want a tattoo when you're not going to show it to anyone? :confused:

Anyways, I don't have any tattoos currently. Unless if you count the washable ones that I have! :p I was planning to have one down my back when I was old enough, but now because of my surgery, I don't know if I can do that. :(

I too have more of a problem with the safety of them then the moral issue (God's command was given at a time when tattoos were a form of Pagan worship). Tattoos are often done with less than sterile needles and they use metal inks which, though they will not blow up in MRIs (circa Myth Busters), can be dangerous.

Why would you want a tattoo when you're not going to show it to anyone? :confused:

Anyways, I don't have any tattoos currently. Unless if you count the washable ones that I have! :p I was planning to have one down my back when I was old enough, but now because of my surgery, I don't know if I can do that. :(

I have a washable one too. :p got it at a farm fair. lol

I don't think they're evil or immoral or anything to have and I won't condemn people for having them... but I personally would never get one.
Yes, the pain. xD And just because tattoos last for forever sometimes and can become ugly over time and mar your skin...

I'd be fine getting them. My only problem is I'm really impulsive, so I've had it in my head forever that I would never get more than *insert low number here* and I have to want them for at LEAST 3 or 4 years before getting them, to make sure I definitely want that. Don't want to be removing them all over the place because "gettin scooby doo on my knee seemed like a good idea at the time"

I don't have a problem with them...they can be very pretty sometimes. But the health risk is always there--You need to make sure that the place where you get it washes there needles THUROUGHLY.

I've thought about getting one when I'm older but the whole pain thing. :eek: I also have a very low tolerance for pain so I could probably never bring myself to getting one.

I don't have a problem with them either, but I personally would never get one. They're just so permanent! And I think they can look a bit trashy (not always, but in general...). I've never seen a tattoo on a person and thought, "oh that looks nice", they just always seem wrong or out of place, to me. The safety issues are too much for me as well.

Oh come now! I was specifically using the old english spelling for effect dont you know

for your information mr linguistics degree, the old english would have used the pre-contraction "would not" which would have been spelt "wod not" or "wud not" and therefore if it WAS contracted, would be "wodn't" or "wudn't". There's no l. so there ^_^ hehehe

I don't have a problem with tattoos, would I get one? No. I just don't have the look to pull one off. Very few people do, in my opinion. I have seen tattoos that are really pretty and I consider it a work of art. But as some others have said can you imagine having something on your skin when you're 80 years old? It's not going to look very attractive!

for your information mr linguistics degree, the old english would have used the pre-contraction "would not" which would have been spelt "wod not" or "wud not" and therefore if it WAS contracted, would be "wodn't" or "wudn't". There's no l. so there ^_^ hehehe

Actually it would be 'ne wolde' so get your facts right missus non-linguistics!!

Back