Tattoos

Some of you were talking about the moral issue. Thinking about what God has said. For me personally, that is not an issue. I'm not religious and I think I know what I can do and what feels right. My tattoo is part of me and I like it. And it's not trashy, big or ugly. It's beautiful and has a meaning for me.

And the reason I am taking my next tattoo, is to show respect and love for a person I will always love and admire, no matter what. That's just my way of respecting his legacy.

Why would you want a tattoo when you're not going to show it to anyone? :confused:(
Well, I'm planning on taking it near the hipbone, so you can't completely see it if I'm wearing something. And sure I'm going to show it to some people, just not for everyone. And I just don't want my tattoos to be so visible that everyone can see them. And in the future, if I'm choosing the career I'm thinking about right now, I cant have tattoos anywhere visible. That's a shame, but I understand.

I too have more of a problem with the safety of them then the moral issue (God's command was given at a time when tattoos were a form of Pagan worship). Tattoos are often done with less than sterile needles and they use metal inks which, though they will not blow up in MRIs (circa Myth Busters), can be dangerous.
Tattoos are often done with very very very sterile needles. There are a lot more dangerous things than tattoos. And the risks are very minimal, if the tattoo artist is trained, knows what is doing.

But the health risk is always there--You need to make sure that the place where you get it washes there needles THUROUGHLY.
Tattoo needles are only used once. They throw the needle away once it's used. I would never even consider about taking a tattoo in a place where they use the same needle twice. I don't even think there are any tattooists these days who would do that.

I don't have a problem with tattoos, would I get one? No. I just don't have the look to pull one off. Very few people do, in my opinion. I have seen tattoos that are really pretty and I consider it a work of art. But as some others have said can you imagine having something on your skin when you're 80 years old? It's not going to look very attractive!
I agree, not everyone can pull it off. But you can't really say what is going to look or feel attractive when you are 80, until you see it. I've seen old people with tattoos and yes, some of them do look hideous, but I've seen some nice ones too. It depends a lot about the person carrying them and what the tattoo is about.

--

Peace :)

I agree with Alices (and I was also going to mention the fact that the needles are very sterile nowdays ;)). The tools they use now are quite technilogically superior than back what we had in the 70s-mid 80s. I, personally, have no real need or desire to get a tattoo, but if I ever did I would seriously put a lot of consideration of the nature of the mark before I did anything. As far as Alices's decision to get one, good for her. :)

I think there should be limits to tattooing, especially name ones, like for a wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, bf, etc. You must seriously consider things before getting branded with someone else's name... Obviously Miley Cirus is in a deeper relationship with Nick Jonas than people think, since she got his name tattooed on her, vice versa for Nick (you bet they've gone the extra mile), so that makes me nervous about the girls who look up to her as a role-model, and she's sending suggestive pics of herself to Nick, getting his name tattooed on herself... it's a sign of the corruption later to come (we all remember little Britney and what she turned into). So label tattooes should have careful consideration put in beforehand. Miley's an example.

I don't believe there's anything Biblically wrong with getting one, and I don't think there are any health issues surrounding this anymore (we're quite matured from the old ways). As far as it "looking attractive" later like when you're 80 (as CaspianGirl pointed out), I think that just depends on what the tattoo is. If it's a military service tattoo you bet that's going to look quite amazing on an 80-year-old! If it was something leisurely like a person's face or design, it would depend on what it is. Plus, tattoos are really for ages 18-60. Through those years you really don't have to worry about appearances.

So Alices, go and get your tattoo if it means that much to you. :) No harm in it.

I think there should be limits to tattooing, especially name ones, like for a wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, bf, etc. You must seriously consider things before getting branded with someone else's name...

Oh, don't worry, I'm not going to tattoo anyones name on me or nothing like that. I would never do that :D It's just going to be a few words. A wise quote. And not from a boyfriend or anything. From a internationally respected and loved person.

There was a thread about tattoos and I've missed it?! :eek: I don't have any problem with tattoos. On the sterile front, as others have said, if any tattoo artist is using a needle twice they're working in a dirty basement bathroom and I don't know why anyone would get a tat from someone like that.
I've got the bottom half of my left arm done. I'm finishing the sleeve next month. When the full sleeve is done it will several pieces.
1) A gothic cross with the words "Amazing Love" over the top and "Blessed Assurance" inside the cross. Beams of golden light are shooting out the bottom into a pair of broken shackles and under the shackles is Colossians 1:13. The verse talks about how the light of Christ and the cross breaks us free from the chains and brings us into His kingdom.
2) A comedy/tragedy mask and quill and ink well for my scriptwriting. (That's the picture.)
2486_517013509144_52303944_31107328.jpg

3) And the armor of God is scattered through the rest. Once the red goes away and its settled down, I'll have pictures of those.

Next year I'm getting my leg. It's a cityscape of London starting with Big Ben and getting smaller as it curves around. Then going the other direction is Michael, John, Wendy, and Peter Pan.

Actually scratch my earlier statement. I love tattoos. (And on a guy...so hot. ;) )

Back