The Seven Stars Inn (5 Spaces): Plot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ ~ This remains unclear to me. If literal children are meant, there were FOUR children evacuated by the Winged Horse from Ninecatcher's ill-fated refugee party. If merely "humans" are meant, the premise of this RP already is that Jadis does not yet have all humans within Narnia exterminated, so she should not be shocked by two humans being alive within Narnia.

OOC> A horse managed to carry four children? That seems unlikely. Ok, then, four it is. I'll go back and change it if everyone is ok with that.

1) Two of the four children were skinny girls, their combined weight less than the weight of most adult men.

2) The other two children were infants, being held by the girls.

3) The horse was supposed to carry the kids into Archenland, and surely Sennulf can't get into too much trouble for not being able to change the fact that there are numerous human beings in Archenland.

ooc> For some reason I didn't get that from her pose. Ok. We'll say it's Goewyn and Libertas he's talking about. If he didn't know for sure about them from his own eyes, his bird or tree scouts would hve been able to inform him.

Post # 148 of Southern Marches:​

"A winged horse! That is a creature of good!" exclaimed Headman Aeddan. He and the widow Goewyn hastily dragged the two little girls--the orphan Harmony, and Goewyn's daughter, the latter with her baby brother's carry-sling now hung over her shoulders, and the former clutching a baby girl who had been handed to her--to the beautiful pegasoid.

"For Aslan's sake, rescue these children!" sobbed Goewyn. "Take them to some refuge! Then we can die knowing not all were lost!" And in a trice, the children were mounted.

I grant you that Goewyn didn't SAY "Archenland;" but it was already clear to everyone that there WAS NO refuge for humans INSIDE Narnia. And the number of children is spelled out.

Last edited:
OOC> Yeah, that's why I was thinking it was still Narnia, since she wasn't specific, and I figured they'd want to get to a refuge fast and then get to Archenland from there, rather than exposing themselves from being in the sky so long. As for the number.... there were about 15 posts I had to read through there because no one waited for me to pose, so I had to skim. :p Easily missed if skimming, though clearly there.
In any case, it doesn't matter; I said I'd change it and I will.

All right...first of all, this isn't the place to be clarifying. Second, if the wolf is mistaken, isn't that so much the better for the 'good' side? Eph and I have tried /not/ to micromanage every detail so that we don't entirely stifle a natural response to what's going on. Sennulf/Spyros's report stands.

Copperfox, those are exactly the type of issues that should be handled in the OOC thread, and though as I've said we try to let you all make decisions where you can, we mods are willing to step in when needed. I guess this is one of those times. I hardly see this detail as significant enough to merit the stress it seems to be generating...

Last edited:
It emerges into the Inn, passing through the wall in a long thread of wisp. Before swirling back into a cloud, it observes what is going on, passing in and around everything in the room in a rather un-noticeable bit of mist. It swirls about the human-form Drainor, inspecting the creature out of curiosity and making note of his presence before wisping over to Mistress. Still not in full cloud form, for the filly's sake, It swirls around Mistress's neck, It's creepy way of delivering a hug? Hah.
Whispering into her thoughts, It gleefully deliver's news of Sennulf's failure.

He's let two children escape...You'd best come at once, my Mistress. Your throne is in danger because of this Wolf's actions.

ooc: Drainor didnt let anyone escape. He tried to gain info, but was interupted by the Witch's army.

*`* Grizzle *`*

The black dwarf shuffles in to stand before his queen. He diips an obsequious, oily bow, his eyes narrowing as they rest on the unicorn filly.

"My lady," he hisses, "I have what you sent me for, and it is only wanting the last ingredient...I would have returned sooner if that wolf had not tried to detain me from doing your bidding."

He pats the satchel he's still carrying, a smug look settling over his features. It does not improve his looks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Agate shrinks back behind Jadis, her ears flattening. First the specter, making her shiver, and now she feels distinctly uneasy with the dwarf's eyes on her.

Onyx...what're they going to do to me?

The unicorn sniffles, though probably not loud enough to be heard.

Last edited:
Jadis

Jadis places a cold hand on the unicorn's neck, stroking her mane protectively. "What have I told you about interrupting me with my guests?" She addresses Grizzle in a firm queenly voice, that nonetheless wavers with empathy for the filly. "Very well, you may place it in the storeroom and return to me when you have done. Only speak with one of Sennulf's guards before you go interrupting me in my affairs again." She looks to the young Unicorn as she continues to stroke her mane. "Your presence does not seem to bear well on my Agate. I will not have you frightening her so."

OOC> I will be taking over Jadis for the time being and LO will be taking over Sennulf for me. Normally I wouldn't be a fan of switching characters around, but we both felt this would make roleplay easier for all of you. That in mind, I'm brand new at this character so please forgive some inconsistencies as I gain my footing here. I will do my best.

Last edited:
*`* Grizzle *`* and ~*~ Agate ~*~

The dwarf bows obsequiously. "As you say, milady. I will let you know when we are ready for you." He is still bowing as he makes his way from the chamber and heads towards one of the many secret rooms in Jadis's castle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Agate smiles with relief when Jadis steps in, shrinking back against the queen. When the dwarf leaves, she relaxes.

"Thank you again. Don't know why you're being so nice to me, but I'll try and help you any way I can in return. Do you think that after I've been here a while, if I'm really good, I can see Onyx? Let him know that I'm all right and that he's wrong about you?"

Her upturned glace at Jadis's face is guileless.

Jadis

Jadis laughs, a tinkling sound, like ice crystals falling. "Do you think I have not spoken with your brother since last you saw him, my dear? No, all is mended. He and I have come to an understanding of each other." She brings her hands suddenly together. "But of course, you haven't heard!" She clucks her tongue, her tone taking on a pitying timbre. "He has gone away, to fight for me against some rebels on the southern border. They say he has--" She halts upon coming into her main chamber, the dead werewolf body lying before them. Her pale face grows even whiter.

Pose out to Witch's Castle' Thread.

~*~ Agate ~*~

The filly is listening carefully, trying not to interrupt and to be as good as she can.

"Never said anything to me 'bout..."

She stops short, letting out a small, squeaking noise since she is too terrified even to whinny when she sees the body of the werewolf.

A single tear slides down her muzzle.

OOC: Also posing out to the Witch's Castle thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back