This is by far the best Narnia book!

lions mane said:
well i don't think that this is the best narnia book (but i do love it, cause eustace is the best character of all time) ever. yah, su and peter couldn't come back cause they just got to old to be beleiving in this although pete goes on to beleive in it always. but have a great time reading the rest, their all awesome!

I don't think it was because Peter and Susan were too old to go on believing, but that it was time for them to learn to know Jesus in their own world; and also Edmund and Lucy when their time came.

Eustace, although not the best character of all time, is an interesting one who is still growing in The Silver Chair, as can be seen by his occasional flashes of grumpiness in that book; and he also reminds me to a disturbing extent of my younger self. :)

This is my favourite book and Eustace had a part to play in making it so. I think C. S. Lewis really showed that we can really change for the better, but it won't be easy, but at least Aslan would be there to help.

Regarding Susan, Eustace, and Reepicheep.

Well, we must remember, as Jack (i.e. C.S. Lewis) told one of his readers, Susan's fate was undecided. She was not killed in the railroad accident, after all. The end of VDT reminds us that there is a path to Aslan's country from all worlds. If Susan comes to know Aslan by his name in our world (i.e. Jesus), then she might well make it after all, in her own way, and the seven Friends of Narnia will once again be eight.

Now, to Dawn Treader. It is probably my fave of the books, though I also like "Magician's Nephew", "Silver Chair", and of course "The Lion..." Regardless, it has what HAS to be my favorite scene of the entire series: the bit where Eustace tries to abuse Reepicheep, and gets his hide tanned as a result. The whole scene still makes me laugh as I think about it: "Why do you not draw your own sword, poltroon? Draw and fight, or I'll beat you black and blue with the flat!"

I LOVED the Voyage, it's by far the best Narnia book. I remember reading it even as a child and loving it. There's something about the magic in it, it's just got this ability to draw you into the journey and you feel like you're with the characters every step of the way. That's the one book I can read over and over again... well, I can read all of them over and over but you know what I mean :p It's just constant magic around every corner, and it's great to find out about more lands, stars and characters outside of the typical 'Narnia'.

I think my fav book is The SilVer Chair!! but I like the voyage too!! I like The Magician Nephew..!! ooh, I like all The Chronicles of NARNIA book...!!!!! :D :D :D

Misono said:
I think my fav book is The SilVer Chair!! but I like the voyage too!! I like The Magician Nephew..!! ooh, I like all The Chronicles of NARNIA book...!!!!! :D :D :D
I didn't really like The Magicians Nephew. It was so different from the other Chronicles, they spent most of the book not even in Narnia. And as a kid it really spooked me out, but I don't know.

Last edited:
Jimmy Kickarse said:
I didn't really like The Magicians Nephew. It was so different from the other Chronicles, they spent most of the book not even in Narnia. And as a kid it really spooked me out, but I don't know.

*GASP* :eek: How can you not like the Idea of "The woods between the Worlds"?! I so wish I could go there. For some reason the CD Cover by the band "A thousand foot Krutch" reminds me of that:

B0009VNC64.01._PE24_.The-Art-of-Breaking._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Back