Troy

she-elfwarrior19

Is there any Troy fans out there? Anyways who would be your fave charectar? Mine would have to be Achilles. Or Hectar. I love orlando bloom, he did good oplaying prince Paris but he seems as a coward in the movie as Paris's charecter

well i always loved the mythology behind achilles, just cool stuff there. Now I was not liking orlando bloom, i seriously think he is quite a wussy, lol. But i do like LOTR, Troy, and Pirates of the Carribean, but its for the other people, lol. I like him in LOTR, just wish he would stop being in all these other movies

tg

Didn't like Troy much. Brad Pitt kind of scared me off. I do like Greek mythology though! I have to say Hector is my favourite!

The Prince said:

I remember really loving Theseus the first time I read Greek mythology - I'm with ya Prince!

I didn't care for the movie Troy at all (to many guys, to many hills, and to many mini-skirts, enough said! ;) ) but Sean Bean played Odysseus (sp?) and at least brought some dignity back to the film, so he'd be my favorite character in the movie.

I think the movie would have been a lot better if they'd left the gods in it, not that I'm a polytheis or anything, but the story was so much better before they messed around with it.

GrayCloak said:
I think the movie would have been a lot better if they'd left the gods in it, not that I'm a polytheis or anything, but the story was so much better before they messed around with it.

Ditto. I was really hoping to see Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite get in a cat fight about who was the prettiest. Them going at it was, imho, the best part of the book.

I think I laughed through most of the movie...but then I watched it on video with some friends, and we mocked it relentlessly.

- Lu

I agree with most of you - love mythology, hated Troy, though I did laugh at it.

First off I did NOT like Troy...
...But it was perfectly cast for the most part. Think about it...
...Scrawny, wavy-haired, in-love-with-himself Orlando Bloom as Paris
...Self-absorbed, loose-moraled, also-in-love-with-himself Brad Pitt as Achilles
...Sean Bean, who alone of the main characters had a brain as Odysseus
...and some dumb blonde as Helen

I could contiune but why waste more time on this movie than I have?

-JS

PS "Shudder" I remeber those hills and miniskirts greycloak! "Shudder again" Too much leg not enough sword.

ooh, harsh words! yeah, i'm not the biggest fan of the movie Troy - however, the legend itslef is fascinating! the movie missed and embroidered so much! i think the parts were cast very well though...
lyra x

yeah, I missed the mythology component too. Overall, I thought it was pretty well cast ('specially Hector) except for Helen who looked a little plain. What I really disliked was that some of the legend was changed: Paris grew up with Hector, Paris survived the fall of Troy, etc. (don't remember what else!) It was a great disappointment, on the whole.

I admit, Hector was well written and well acted...I didn't recognize the guy playing Hector...Does any one know what else he has been in?

-Jene Sai

GrayCloak said:
And JS, nice avie - does the eye have any significance?

Gray...
...No significance other than my eyes are green...
...Thanks for the Eric Bana link but I don't know if I will ever accept him as the Hulk...Green and purple aren't my thing.

-JS

I forget what its rated probably pg-13 or a little higher i dont really know, i know i say it when i was thirteen years old:eek::eek:, and im turning 15 this year. I really only enjoyed the battle scenes,b/c the rest was just pretty much all about like love things, which seems to be in like all movies these days.

Last edited:
Nope, I won't even see it when I'm older. It's rater R because of it's graphic violence, nudity, and some other things. The main reason I wouldn't want to see it is becuase of the sexual content. Hard to stay pure for your future spouse when you see that kind of stuff.

I respect you Avaris of Archenland! I too am not or ever will see Troy because of the explicit sexual content. Why must Hollywood always add explicit sexual content to good adventure stories? :confused: I too do not watch many R rated movies unless they are Gladiator and the original Matrix which are R rated but do not contain the sexual content that is in Troy! Anywho I pretty much look up all content of the movie on www.pluggedinonline.com before I see movies. Right now I have finished watching Full Metal Alchemist which is a japanese anime which contains hardly any sexual content. Its a wonderful series even though it has occult content. But that does not bother me because I am mature enough(age 16) to know that all that is in the show is unrealistic. I reccomend King Kong, POTC, the Harry Potter and Star War movies, and The Corspe Bride. They are all clean wonderful movies without the sexual content that most Hollywood movies have

Back