VOTDT best book in Narnia?

PrinceCaspianwannabe said:
Not to mention how much cooler Caspian is.

Yeah, Caspian is good, but unfortunately I saw the BBC VOTDT before I read the book, and I didn't like the Caspian in those movies very much and so everytime Iread the book I think of that Caspian...

VDT is really good because of all the adventure, and the different islands. Best of all is Reepicheep, and his desire to sail to Aslan's country. I love that. I also like that little mermaid Lucy sees over the side of the boat.

Machiathemarshwiggle said:
Yeah, Caspian is good, but unfortunately I saw the BBC VOTDT before I read the book, and I didn't like the Caspian in those movies very much and so everytime Iread the book I think of that Caspian...

Thats a shame.

inkspot said:
VDT is really good because of all the adventure, and the different islands. Best of all is Reepicheep, and his desire to sail to Aslan's country. I love that. I also like that little mermaid Lucy sees over the side of the boat.

My thoughts exactly, Ink. I just finished this book today, and I was in awe of the scenes of great beauty at the end. I loved the adventure aspect of the story which reminded me of Sinbad stories, going to those mysterious islands. The most frightening island had to be that dark 'black hole' island where that poor lord had his 'dreams come true'.

Most beautiful of all to me were the scenes where the man who was a star called the white birds to him, the flowers on the water, the Sea People, and Aslan's land. I loved the part where Lucy sees the little sea girl who looks into her face and their eyes meet.

The book to me was melancholy though in many areas.

Back