What are the best moments in the film?

Definitely the death and resurrection. I love the way they've done the Stone Table as like a temple or altar. And the battle - especially Peter vs the Witch. I also like the way they made the griphons dropping rocks like the German bombers at the start of the film, though I'm not sure why they made the parallel (or even if they meant to) - does anyone know?

Peepiceek

Last edited:
Definitely the death and resurrection. I love the way they've done the Stone Table as like a temple or altar. And the battle - especially Peter vs the Witch. I also like the way they made the griphons dropping rocks like the German bombers at the start of the film, though I'm not sure why they made the parallel (or even if they meant to) - does anyone know?

Peepiceek

I never noticed the gryphon/bombers thing, I don't think they meant it to be parallel.

I think this is an impossible question.:p I love the whole movie. Hmm, let's see if I can come up with a few nobody's mentioned...

When the White Witch says, "Edmund misses his family."

At the end when Mr. Tumnus gives Lucy his handkerchief.

"After all, he's not a tame lion."
"No, but he is good."

"She has renounced her claim on the son of Adam's blood."

And like I said, the whole movie.:D

Welcome, Godstone, I did not see you post before!

I like the begining, too. I started crying the first time I saw it in the cinema when it first started ... I don't know if the opening was that moving, or if I was just overwhelmed to really visual see the book coming to life!

I like the stuff in the Professor's House, too, when they start to play hide n seek with that great music playing and kids running everywhere.

But I think the best scene for me may be Lucy's first entrance to Narnia/meeting Mr. Tumnus. That's awesome. :)

I think the best scene is (this is going to sound silly!) during the battle. I love the beauty of the emerald battlefield shining in the sun, with Peter on his rearing unicorn and the birds flying overhead.

I also really enjoyed watching that firebird fly across the sky! :)

Firebird_Firebird_489a1dff84d08.jpg

Last edited:
I rather fancy the first moment when Aslan steps out of his tent to greet the three Pevensies. That was a critical moment in suspending disbelief and enjoying the film as a visual record of actual events. What unites this film with the earlier animated film is they are the only two LWWs on film where Aslan's lips move in time to the dialogue. This is not a zoo lion with a permanent snarling to someone's voiceover, it's not a puppet with a mouth being opened long enough for a sentence to come out and then shut. It's a TALKING LION, and only the Walden Media film aspired to a photorealistic talking lion.

I think the best scene is (this is going to sound silly!) during the battle. I love the beauty of the emerald battlefield shining in the sun, with Peter on his rearing unicorn and the birds flying overhead.

I also really enjoyed watching that firebird fly across the sky! :)

Firebird_Firebird_489a1dff84d08.jpg

I really like the firebird too.

I rather fancy the first moment when Aslan steps out of his tent to greet the three Pevensies. That was a critical moment in suspending disbelief and enjoying the film as a visual record of actual events. What unites this film with the earlier animated film is they are the only two LWWs on film where Aslan's lips move in time to the dialogue. This is not a zoo lion with a permanent snarling to someone's voiceover, it's not a puppet with a mouth being opened long enough for a sentence to come out and then shut. It's a TALKING LION, and only the Walden Media film aspired to a photorealistic talking lion.
Oh i forgot that scene, love that scene. When it first came out in the teaser trailer I would get tears in my eyes when the kids knely before the lion that first time. Awesome scene!

Obviously Aslan's resurrection,the crowning at Cair Paravel,and where Edmund meets Maugrim(sorry,but i really like wolves,even Jadis's evil ones).

Back