What is ONE thing you hope happens in the Netflix Narnia stuff, that you are concerned they won't do?

The question is if they get to all of the books. I don't think the Walden movies intentionally skipped TMN, it's just that VotDT didn't do nearly as good as they wanted or expected it to and discontinued the series due to the latter two likely losing a lot of money. I don't know how the BBC made the decisions to adapt only four books. There is no way within LWW to add any Jadis backstory. Heck, we never learn how she gained the right to take the lives of traitors.

They skipped over TMN in order to do the three movies they did first. TMN was scheduled to be their 4th movie. However, Walden Media took too long and, not only was the main cast aging out, but their contract for the rights to the films with the Lewis estate expired in 2011, thus preventing them from continuing. It depends on how you were to do the LWW, the beginning of the Walden film focuses a great deal on Jadis. You could easily have her drop a few lines when first speaking with Edmund and/or when she is talking to her henchmen/turning enemies to stone.

There's a reason every series has started with LWW first. It's not because they are skipping TMN, it's because they are starting with the first published and most popular and known of the books. Where did you see that Walden would be going to TMN next. The end of VotDt was almost a sequel tag with Eustace's mother telling him that Jill Pole was at the door.

Personally, as I have stated before, I think they could put TMN in right after the first movie with the Professor explaining to the kids why he believes them having gone to Narnia. That could then transition to Digory's tale in TMN, although they could also fit H&HB between the end of LWW and before they get back or continue it as a narrative of the kids telling the Professor what they did after he finishes with his story. The positives with this is that it would allow the PC and VotDT to quickly be filmed without the kids aging too quickly while also filming the two other films.

Walden didn't do anything with the Professor except to show how he was in the books. In fact, Lewis wrote TMN last. You are dealing with inner chronology. That's not necessarily how movie makers deal with making movies. They didn't skip any books, they just started them in publication order.

They need a way to make it clear that they’re not doing a one-to-one translation of the books. We spend way too much time discussing that than the actual content they put out.

Maybe something like “based on the stories of CS Lewis” right at the beginning of each episode.

However, Walden Media took too long and, not only was the main cast aging out, but their contract for the rights to the films with the Lewis estate expired in 2011
The Magicians Nephew is an entirely new cast. No need to dumb down the movies because audiences have become used to story tellers spoon feed them. This was the second to last book to come out and my favourite along side with The Last Battle. Beginning and end stories both beautiful described and told. If you had read the previous 5 books you would be in for a treat when reading this one. And if you did not piece together who Jadis is you would be in for some awe and wonder as it all comes together. The Lamp post bouncing off Aslan's face and sinking into the mud and then growing to be a lamp post. The magic and wonder of this revelation as everything comes together is not something I would want to spoil for anyone. Of course I think people should read the books first. The movies, at least the latest Disney versions are horrible poor attempts at a copy of the beauty and wonder of the original tales untouched by Hollywoods hands,

The fall of Susan into worldliness.
why would you want to see that? It is a sad thing at it is simply mentioned in the book. And of all the things that would get dropped or not make it into a movie/tv adaptation, this is a dark piece I could leave as described in the book, a sibling asking about her and Aslan giving his brief answer.

In the book, it was Tirian who inquired about where Susan was and I think Lucy and Polly saying what happened to her, Polly in particular.

Back