What the Score Should Sound Like

jasmine tarkheena

Perhaps we should share some ideas on what the score for Narnia films or Series should sound like. Obviously, it will sound different than the BBC and Walden. It would be nice to hear something fresh and original for each story.

I think the score should sound magical, with piano, flute, harp. The stars at the creation of Narnia in The Magician's Nephew should sound like angels. I think it would also be great if there was some Irish folk music included.

I also think each of the regions in the world of Narnia should have its own theme score. Narnia can have some Irish folk music and some Greek in there, Archenland, maybe Scottish with bagpipes, Telmar, some Norse music, and Calormen, Middle-eastern or Indian music.

I think this ending music from In The Heart of The Sea would be fitting for the end of The Last Battle. There would be no dialogue, and the last lines from the book would be in print.

Any ideas on what the score should sound like?

When I was a submarine sailor, I experienced a minor paradox regarding music. The following piece of music is supposed to evoke a DESERT setting, but I often thought of it when I was UNDER WATER. Probably because the reverberating parts made me think of active-sonar emissions.

Anyway, this might fit into some part of "Dawn Treader."

I don't think epic music with trumpets, big drums and strong male vocals would fit. I mean, that could work for The Horse And His Boy, Prince Caspian, and The Last Battle. Though for the other books, the music should sound magical with harp, piano, flute, and the vocal sound like angels.

Back