who is your favorite Queen

Curumo said:
I believe I saw the movie with Cate Blanchett once, and that many years ago; I should see it again. My favorite actress as Queen Elizabeth I (and also as Queen Victoria) is Dame Judi Dench. :)

I love that quote by Elizabeth, too, from a speech delivered to her troops at Tilbury.
Judy Dench is intimidating as Queen Elizabeth :eek:

She portrayed Elizabeth I to the T! And you should see her as Queen Victoria in "Her Majesty Mrs. Brown"! :eek: :eek:

(Quote from Shakespeare in Love, Judi Dench) "Have a care with my name, you'll wear it out." :p

Curumo said:
She portrayed Elizabeth I to the T! And you should see her as Queen Victoria in "Her Majesty Mrs. Brown"! :eek: :eek:

(Quote from Shakespeare in Love, Judi Dench) "Have a care with my name, you'll wear it out." :p

I haven't seen her as Queen Victoria. Does the movie go by the same name?
And don't you find it ironic that Queen Elizabeth's sister was Bloody Mary herself?! :eek:

Yes, the movie is called Her Majesty Mrs. Brown, and it deals largely with her life and relationship with her servant, John Brown, both of whom many had spread rumors that they were far more than just "friends."

Bloody Mary *shivers* Ooooh that woman was BA-AD! You know, I have yet to see a movie made about dear Mary, Queen of Scots. *sniff* Poor lady! Her history was one of terrible intrigue and tragedy.

i think Susan the GENTLE deserves this..--{@

:cool:
Storm said:
who is you Favorite Queen :) my Favorite is Queen Lucy :) :)
hi guys..im new Narnian here..guess wat..i have just met this site and find all the fans here. hope all of u will accept me like othr too.. hhye

Curumo said:
Yes, the movie is called Her Majesty Mrs. Brown, and it deals largely with her life and relationship with her servant, John Brown, both of whom many had spread rumors that they were far more than just "friends."

Bloody Mary *shivers* Ooooh that woman was BA-AD! You know, I have yet to see a movie made about dear Mary, Queen of Scots. *sniff* Poor lady! Her history was one of terrible intrigue and tragedy.
Would you mind refreshing my mind as to who Queen Victoria was? From what you wrote, her story sounds familiar.

I'm also looking forward for Sofia coppola's (sp?) new movie about Marie Antoinette I saw the preview for it and it looks amazing! although I don't agree who she picked to play King Louis XVI...

Welcome aboard, Prince Caspian! Browse around, and enjoy this forum! :)

Queen Victoria reigned from 1837 to 1901, and was responsible for an era, one in which morality and individual integrity reached their zenith. She was a woman of brass, too, mind you! My word, she was tough, but she was extraordinary, and wonderfully benevolent. I love that dear woman; she's left an excellent impression, and her character and behavior were exemplary indeed.

Marie-Antoinette! You know, I have yet to read more on her life story. I don't believe in the often horrible criticism about her life, and that she said "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!" (Let them eat cake!). I can tell you some of the awful abuse that was done to that woman by the rebels! :eek:

Curumo said:
Welcome aboard, Prince Caspian! Browse around, and enjoy this forum! :)

Queen Victoria reigned from 1837 to 1901, and was responsible for an era, one in which morality and individual integrity reached their zenith. She was a woman of brass, too, mind you! My word, she was tough, but she was extraordinary, and wonderfully benevolent. I love that dear woman; she's left an excellent impression, and her character and behavior were exemplary indeed.

Marie-Antoinette! You know, I have yet to read more on her life story. I don't believe in the often horrible criticism about her life, and that she said "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!" (Let them eat cake!). I can tell you some of the awful abuse that was done to that woman by the rebels! :eek:
well she was a little naive. But Kinda feel sorry for the woman she married young. But at the same time she was so vain! She built a village to herself because she was bored while people in her country was starving like dogs. But yeah they did go a little bit too far in the end. Shaving her head, putting her in rags and finally decapitating what came to be France's last queen. *sighs* :(

She certainly wasn't perfect, that much is clear. But I believe there could have been other solutions, apart from what happened to Louis and Maria Antonia. :(

Sorry, Wendy - if you mean Michiko, the present empress of Japan, then I agree with your choice - she is a very sweet lady. :)

Curomo,

Yes, I mean Michiko-sama of Japan. Her daughter-in-law, Masako-sama, has also done a great service to the people of Japan as well with her wisdom, patience, tolerance, and compassion.

Thank you for the compliment.

By favourite queen do you mean in Narnia? I'd say Queen Lucy. But if you mean in real life, I have no clue whatsoever :p

In Narnia, I'd have to say Queen Susan the Gentle!! In real life, I don't like any queens,(Well, I like queens, but none of them are my fav. person) but I LOVE JOAN OF ARC!!!

Last edited:
uuuhhh I'd go w/ Susan and Lucy for Narnia, Galadriel n' Arwen for LotR,except Galadriel wasn't really a queen...but she'd whoop all the others any day. :p :D Oh and then there's Melian, maia/wife of King Thingol(See the Silmarillion). :D

Back