Why is Prince Caspian the next movie?

morpheuskyle said:
If you all remember in the Narnia: Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy grew older in Narnia, but once they left they were the same age as when they first stepped into the wardrobe.

In The Horse and His Boy, the children had been Kings and Queens for some time-- For Rabadash was planning on capturing Queen Susan and courting her.

For the children to grow progressively, Prince Caspian must be the next movie, and then the Voyage of the Dawn Treader after that one. They should probably film the Horse and His boy after that and film some of the scenes for the Final Battle, however save them for when the last film is released.

C.S.Lewis wrote book in this order:
1.The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
2.Prince Caspian
3.The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4.The Silver Chair
5.The Horse and his Boy
6.The Magician Nepwew
7.The Last Battle

So, I think that producers are folloving publising order, and the fact that they need actors and actress and the certain age...Too bad they didn't do the all stories in one time (like Lord of the rings, in different showings) and now we have to wait...

omg i hope that they at least explain the whole story the dwarf tells rite cuz anyway they do the movies they will always be GRRRRRR-ATE! lol i wish i could reed faster!!! im only on voyage of the dawn treader but get this i red the first to in 3 days!!

ofcourse, I think because of the pevensie cast, they will to old if they not film this movie for the second. And narnia fans will unhappy if they change the pevensie cast

I quite liked The Horse and His Boy, I wanted to do Aravis! Or an older Lucy, I look a bit like her, though some years older...
Prince Caspian is good too, although I hope they eventually do Horse and His Boy... d you think they'll make the films in that order or cut some out completely?
Ps. Tumnus is SOOOO much hotter than Peter!!!
YAY TUMNUS!

Narniafreak152 said:
Why didn't they do the movies in chronoligical order instead of in the order they were published. They're going to have a "starwars counting" catastrophe on their hands by doing this :eek:

LWW was made first, as it is the most popular movie, and then Prince Caspian is getting made because it has all four kids in the movie and it needs to be made before they are too old! Voyage Of The Treader might be next if there is another one because Georgie and Skandar will be in iT!

Narniafreak152 said:
Why didn't they do the movies in chronoligical order instead of in the order they were published. They're going to have a "starwars counting" catastrophe on their hands by doing this :eek:
I had studied C.S Lewis and he didn't write is books in order and they doing this way not to get confused.

Blount@ is correct - they are doing them (so far) in publication order, not chronological order. For a lot of us lifetime Narnians, this is the only order that makes sense. Lion is the best known of the series, and once that's made, you might as well just go ahead and do Caspian and Dawn Treader, since they're "Pevensie" stories. Kate12's point about the actors is also true, but I don't think it's the driving force.

btw, Blount@, what's an Avalanche fan doing living in Orlando?

*SkandarsQueen* said:
Yup, shes rite. They were already too old for the first one as it was......and now they are reallly gettin' old lol.
and btw CS Lewis wrote LWW FIRST.......and then wrote The Magician's Nephew as a prequel to it.

Sofia

Firstly, Which or the children were too old for the first one?

Secondly, Jack actually wrote The Magician's Nephew last.

They have to do Prince Caspian next because they've got to film it before the actors and actresses of the Pevensie children grow up!

Back