BEST book of all time?

mrspippin said:
hi, i just wanted to know what everybodys fav book besides CON, mine is The witch of Blackbird pond. has anyone read it? its really good.
My mom read me The Witch of Blackbird Pond when I was young and I remember liking it. It's hard for me to pick a favorite book. Maybe Fall of a Kingdom, Heir Apparent, or Blood Red Horse. :)

I love the Harry Potter series. it really introduced me (and thousands of other kids) to learning

On an unrelated note, I'm gonna iMove this to Wood Between the Worlds.

The Word of God (the Bible, more than just a book), and following behind for me are the Lord of the Rings (and all the works pertaining thereto by Tolkien), and the Chronicles of Narnia. I was also deeply touched by the late Walter Lord's A Night To Remember, concerning the sinking of the RMS Titanic.

Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia, of course. Besides them, my favorite book in the world is The Story of Rolf and the Viking Bow, by Allen French. I just finished reading it for the third time...

Queen Lucy the Valient said:
i LOVE the books by Louisa M. Alcott! (even though i havent read all of them :eek: )

I like Louisa may Alcott, too. I've read 9 or 10 of her books. I think my favorites are An old Fashioned Girl, Eight Cousins, and Rose in Bloom.

I also really liked A Wrinkle in Time and A Swiftly Tilting Planet, by Madeleine L'engle.

The Narnia Addict said:
Has anyone read

Wringer

or

To Kill a Mocking Bird?

I've read To Kill A Mockingbird
I thought it was okay, an interesting read, but I'm not really interested in stories like that. I had to read it in English at school this year.

I love all of Jane Austen's novels, but Pride & Prejudice is my very favorite of all, then To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, which is excellent, and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I do like Alcott's Little Women, too. And, of course, the Narnia books. :)

Best book of all time... hah, I'm just going to list my favorites instead.

"Ash: A Secret History" by Mary Gentle
"A Song of Ice and Fire series" by George R.R. Martin
"The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice
"The Seven Waters trilogy" by Juliet Marillier
"The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova
"Dune series" by Frank Herbert
"Kushiel trilogy" by Jacqueline Carey

All books left me breathless, hungry for more and just in general awe of what I'd just read. "Dune" was a lifechanger for me and the rest of them are just too awesome and have to be read by everyone. :D

Back