Book Suggestions

Elvess_Leawyn_Greenleaf said:
I didn't know that! I also have a book to add to the list! 'Inkheart' is the title!!! It's an amazing book, I just started it on Tuesday, and I'm 1/2 way finished, and it's 550! That's fast for me!!!! New Line is making Inkheart into a movie!!
we just got the inkheart sequel in our school library. it's called inkspell, i don't know where i came up with tounge erlier,lol.

the Large Voice said:
I love Pride and Prejudice! And the Greer Garson classic film, the A&E 5 hour long video series, and I have yet to watch the new one w/ Keira Knightley...

Here are some other L.M.Alcott books that I own and enjoy:
Eight Cousins & Rose In Bloom (they go together)
Jack and Jill
Little Men (sequel to Little Women)
Jo's Boys (?final sequel to Little Men)
Under the Lilacs
and I don't own it, but I think there's a book called The Inheritance - I've seen the movie version, and it's quite good...
i've read little men and eight cousins. didn't know there was a sequel. yay!

Eressea said:
your homeschooled, elvessprincessgreenleaf? me too... what grade?
hey, ill totally take that list if u can give it to me...
yea, robin mckinly is good... i could say that about lots... but the comp is flippin out on me right now, so i g2 keep it short...
cereniel, u remind me of someone i know... hm..
what? jane eyre is like the best of all those books by bronte and all.. hm.. the scarlet letter was awful, i thoght... the scarlet pimpernel on the other hand s awsome... oh.. wow... i can tell im tired... can usually rattle off a bllion good books... cant think now... oh, if u like cryng, read the bridge to terabithia.. oh... bone is good.. ... speaking of books by alcott, the old fashoned girl was good.....http://books.google.com/books?q=the+bridge+to+terabithia&oi=print
i liked the scarlet letter okay... bridge to terebinthia was so sad! have you ever read say goodnight, gracie? it was sad too....

no i havent, ill look into it... i kinda like sad stories... t.b.t.t. made me cry buckets (but part of that might have been cause it was like 3 in the morning..)
by the way, are u still maing a list of the books mentioned, and could i have a copy?

Cereniel said:
we just got the inkheart sequel in our school library. it's called inkspell, i don't know where i came up with tounge erlier,lol.
Yeah I know I just started it! I hate the first chapter It so sad!!!!!

Eressea said:
no i havent, ill look into it... i kinda like sad stories... t.b.t.t. made me cry buckets (but part of that might have been cause it was like 3 in the morning..)
by the way, are u still maing a list of the books mentioned, and could i have a copy?
i mail it to ya, sure! i haven't updated it with all the new books people have put in, but there are still a good many on here.

I loved the Inkheart Series,
Can't wait for book 3!
Eragon is also good,
I'm on order at the library for Eldest.
Try The Various by Steve AuGarde,
and The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbol.
Right now I'm reading Lord of Snow and Shadow.

Kingaslanofnarnia said:
I loved the Inkheart Series,
Can't wait for book 3!
Eragon is also good,
I'm on order at the library for Eldest.
Try The Various by Steve AuGarde,
and The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbol.
Right now I'm reading Lord of Snow and Shadow.

Oh, I LOVED the Inkheart series!!!! Well, I only read the first book, but I never knew there were going to be more!! :eek:
GET THE KEYS START THE CAR A-----oh. :eek: its Midnight, I cant go to the bookstore.......

Sofia

I think the Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce is pretty good.
Dracula--Bram Stoker
Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs, Emily's Quest--LM Montgomery
Northanger Abbey--Jane Austen
Wicked
The Tower of Geburah--John White
and of course anything by Agatha Christie. i haven't been able to stump her yet.

If you like sad (i mean really sad) try "The Shadow Children" series!

onlymystory said:
and of course anything by Agatha Christie. i haven't been able to stump her yet.

i've only read 'And Then There Were None" and it was really good. i'm sure i'll be reading more of Agatha Christie's work in the future. She's really good at what she does. :)

Have any of you heard of C.S. Lewis? He wrote a series of books called The Chronicles of Narnia which you may find interesting. :rolleyes:

agatha christie is phenomenal. and yeah, chakal i've heard something about that guy. not much though. apparently there are some strange people who are huge fans of his. and i heard something about this movie coming out of one of his books. doesn't really sound like something i'd be interested in.

Chakal said:
Have any of you heard of C.S. Lewis? He wrote a series of books called The Chronicles of Narnia which you may find interesting. :rolleyes:

heehee, hm.......who is this C. S. Lewis you're talking about? I don't think I've ever heard of him before..... :rolleyes: ;)

[QUOTE-Chakal]
Have any of you heard of C.S. Lewis? He wrote a series of books called The Chronicles of Narnia which you may find interesting.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE-ChildofAslan7]heehee, hm.......who is this C. S. Lewis you're talking about? I don't think I've ever heard of him before.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah I dont think I have ever heard of him either....anybody else heard of him...*resounding NO* thats what I thought

anyway I dont know if these were recomended earlier, I didn't go through and read the whole thing, but.....

Dragonsong by Anne McCaffery is awesome, I started reading it a while ago, but got bored, and when I had to read it I was dreading it because I didn't think I would be able to get through it in the time I needed, but It was so intresting I couldn't put it down, in fact nothing I rememberd was in the book, it was really very strange.

Gail Carson Levine is also very good, she is an awesome writer, I have read all of her books except Dave at Night, and the only one I have been dissapointed in, was 'The Wish' (dont read it, it was like boring, and well all the girl thought about was being popular and getting a b/f!) But Gail wrote, 'Ella Enchanted' 'The Princess Tales' which you can get in 2 volumes or seperatly, and the storys are 'Cinderellis and the glass hill' 'For Biddles Sake' The Fairys Return' 'Princess Sanora and the Long Sleep' 'The Fairys Mistake' and 'Princess Test'

anyway these are really good books!

Back