Deleated Scene?

i asked about the coronation scene on the film's forum on imdb the day the movie came out but it's like no one noticed... i'm excited to see both peter and susan, actually, just to see how well they can move (and to be honest it was one of the scenes i looked forward to the most when i went into the movie theater), so they better put it in the dvd!

Does anyone know WHY this particular scene was deleted though?

It seems lovely and if it's the only deleted scene, why not include it?

onlymystory said:
it is in the trailer though, funnily enough.

It's not this uncommon. That trailer was made up when that scene was still in the movie. That happens with lots of films. Sometimes they manage to make up some shots which were never filmed. For example, the trailer for Revenge of the Sith contained two shots where backgrounds from certain scenes were added to another shot, which was yet unfinished. In that way, the trailer had two "trailer-friendly" shots which were never filmed, and of course didn't appear in the theatrical version of the movie.

pavender said:
Does anyone know WHY this particular scene was deleted though?

It seems lovely and if it's the only deleted scene, why not include it?

There isn't usually one single deleted scene. There is a lot more material falling on the cutting room floor than just a scene (in this case, a few shots). As for the reason because the scene was deleted, who knows? It can be any reason, from the "We can't finish it before the movie opening" shot (in this case, it can be added to the DVD release) to the "I don't like it" shot, or from the "The film flows better without it" shot to the "The film is too long with it" shot. I think that most probably the case was the latter one.

I was browsing through the official website literally 2 minutes ago and was about to make a thread of my own, demanding an explanation!

There seemed to be alot of lines throughout the trailer that were not found in the movie. I guess all we can do is wait for the DVD :D

MrsTumnus said:
There seemed to be alot of lines throughout the trailer that were not found in the movie. I guess all we can do is wait for the DVD :D

Oh, yes, I forgot about that one. They can also delete single lines, other than shots and scenes. And, hoping for the best possible DVD version to be released, I would like to see those scenes back in the film itself and not as a bonus. Well, I think in that case they would include directly back in the movie first single lines, then shots and then whole scenes. If they want to insert cut things as a bonus, then they would first include whole scenes, then single shots and then single lines (but these last two things are very, VERY rare to see out of the main DVD feature).

LordPeter said:
Well, I think in that case they would include directly back in the movie first single lines, then shots and then whole scenes. If they want to insert cut things as a bonus, then they would first include whole scenes, then single shots and then single lines (but these last two things are very, VERY rare to see out of the main DVD feature).

Yeah, I was just going to say there's a small likelihood that they would do that for the DVD release. Heaven forbid they make things easy for us viewers. :p

MrsTumnus said:
I was browsing through the official website literally 2 minutes ago and was about to make a thread of my own, demanding an explanation!

Unfortunately lol we have to wait until arpil. :D :rolleyes:

it's like in miss congeniality, where her father asks gracy if she's a lesbien, and she sats "Dad I wish." :D It was at a wedding scene and it was put in the trailer but cut from the film. in one scene everybody has little flowers on their clothes from after the wedding which didnt exist... :D

Back