"Hidden Dreamer" (my songs and poems)

WillsGirl

I guess... I just want another place to get my feelings out.
And I wouldn't mind some feed back. I mean... I do kind of want to know if I'm on the right trach here. I LOVE to sing but I don't have a lot of expieriance writing lyrics so... I'm just going to post some things.

I wrote this song after my family went through "The Cancer Wars"

To See Your Face

Through the window I watched it rain,
Through my tears I watched your pain.
You were there in every thought,
I was scared but you were not.

Chorus:
And I will wait 'till kingdom come,
To see your face, the way it was,
Before the rain
Before the pain
To go back in time, and just play again.

I was lost,
In the darkness there,
I counted cost,
But didn't care.
I wanted you,
to be whole again.
I missed my cue,
And fell into sin.

Chorus

Through the songs
And through the nights
Oh how long,
Without light?
I saw you change, day by day
Stuck in a cage, with nothin' to say.

Chorus

We made it through one tough year,
But not without a thousand tears.
And I have yet, to see your face,
The way it was before life changed.

Chorus

Bridge:
To go back in time, and just play again,
Like the good 'ole times, my brother friend.

Now I know, we all have changed,
And life will never be the same,
But I still wait wait, to see your face,
the wat it was,
Before Cancer came

Wow...you are so good at writing! What a gift you have!

It's hard to come by, being a good writing. Trust me, you don't want to hear my songs and stories...;)

I bet they are good but to tell you the truth... My writings were NEVER as good as they were DURING hard times and no AFTER.
Life expieriances tend to help A LOT
And sadly enough I HAVE been through plenty of hard times. It's easier to write what you know, not what you don't I tend to know hardship and reality so I write about it and so my writings end up... kinda depressing.

You're so talented, really. My eyes are a little wet now. It just happens that my family was in a similar situation. We went through hard times and one of those persons had cancer. She taught me a lot of things, the family was suffering; but you could see in her eyes, a peace so hard to find these days.

And I know what you mean. Six months after she passed away, other person of the family did. Songs or other types of writing are better just in those moments. I knew that because I've been writing songs since I was a child, and when I knew that the person was so sick, I just began to sing. I could swear that was the most beautiful song I had ever written. It just seems to come from nowhere.

Thank you, you made me think about things I had forgotten and that I should not have.

You are so sweet.
That reminds me of a poem I once wrote for the one sweet old woman in a past church. I wanted to give it to her the next time I saw her but she passed away much faster than I thought and I cried but gave the poem to her family.
I was a LOT younger then and it was BEFORE cancer so it's rather childish. I think I was like 11 or 12.

Here it is...

Mrs. Edith

So kind, so sweet,
She is a blessing to everyone she meets.
Frail but beautiful,
Love of so many keeps her heart full.
She is loved by all
and now she hears her call.
She is called home.
She is ready, waiting to go.
It grieves us to think of her not being here anymore.
But up there she will be free to soar.
Soar on wings.
That's where she wants to be.
So it's a little easier to be happy knowing that she's there,
handeled with the best of care.
I can just imagine enough to see,
See her strolling down those golden streets.
She might be thinking "This is Great"
She just might, while standing near those pearly gates.
She will be happy, that's for sure,
So now we can let go, while still knowing...
We love her.

I'm sorry you both had such hard times, but the best is yet to come. And everyone who's passed away, you'll see them again.

You both are inspirations to stay strong during the toughest days.

daughter-of-eve said:
I'm sorry you both had such hard times, but the best is yet to come. And everyone who's passed away, you'll see them again.

You both are inspirations to stay strong during the toughest days.

There are always hard times. I don't know someone who has not had at least one bad moment. But just like you said, the best is yet to come.

I agree. And While God doesn't promise us easy lives, he DOES promise compassion, comfort, understanding, strength, and love!
That's nice for me to remember.

WillsGirl said:
I agree. And While God doesn't promise us easy lives, he DOES promise compassion, comfort, understanding, strength, and love!
That's nice for me to remember.

If our lives were easy, then it would be completely pointless to live, because there would be nothing to fight for, nothing to laugh at and nothing to cry for.

I'm glad you have in mind that God gives people all those things you mentioned. I can't say that I'm close to any religion, I have my own thoughts about that matter, but I have to say I totally agree with what you are saying.

Well thank you. Tou know it's only today that I was reminded of that.
"religion" has been hard for me because my dad was always a leader in our churches and we were always there to fix things and people are always judging me. So now it's better... right? No, now we have our own church and my dad is the pastor. The services are good but I don't have any friends and EVERYONE judges me so harshly because I'm the Pastor's daughter.
Even people who don't go to my church.
It's irritating and it makes it hard to have a steady walk with Christ but I'm working on it.
Thanks for being understanding. I know there are a lot of people who get offended when someone else shares their beliefs (No matter what they are.)

wow. u really do amaze me. yes, i have had people in my family die of cancer. my mom almost did. well the doctors said she had it and then had surgery and it wasnt cancer so we were all freaked out. a lot of my family has died from cancer and ahlsymers(sry i dont kno how to spell it). i agree. life wouldnt be worth living without hardships.

Thank you LaL that means a lot.
As far as my latest songs go. I only have bits and pieces so maybe I'll post them... maybe I'll wait but thank you all for being such a blessing to me!

I'm sorry. It's not my intention just to make everyone cry. LOL. I guess it's just easier for me to write what I know.
I'm trying to finish some songs that I may see if my friends can help me out with like a band but we will see how well that will work. I am still swimming in notes and outlines for my next story so hang in there!
And Thank you for all of your loveley comments!

wow that was really good..heres one of my bands songs (copywrited)

Numb
-Pure Intention-

close my eyes
and see you now
watch you die
i wish i could save you somehow

chorus

will you see me
when the dark has come
will you hold be
with a heart still numb
i know you will come with me
but why do we stand here
why do you stand here

hide from lies
and call you here
you know my life
and i will not fear

(Chorus)

i will see you will you see me
i will call you please believe me
i will know you will you know me
i still love you do you love me

na na na
na na na

will you see me
when the dark has come

That's cool. I don't have a band as I am a soloist but I have a friend who sings beautifully and another friend who plays piano but that only gets you so far... Here is a song I wrote in the heat of.... mixed feelings. LOL :eek:

How do I start?
What do I say?
I feel like someone broke my heart.
And it comes back day after day.
Don't try to fix me.
I'm not broken.
Why can't you see me?
For who I really am?
I know I'm not perfect.
I've made many mistakes.
But can't you see the effect?
Can't you see I ache?

Here I am, I'm crying!
Here I am, I'm trying!
Why am I such a failure?
Why can't I find my cure?
What's wrong with me?
Why can't anyone hear my screming?

Why do I feel so incomplete?
Why do I feel so alone?
Why do I fall back and retreat?
If only you could know.
I cannot explaine.
It's just too hard.
Why do I feel this way?
It's hiding in my heart.
But you don't have to understand.
You do fine just being you.
It doesn't matter how hard you try you just can't.
But I will find a way to change the things I do.

Here I am, I'm crying!
Here I am, I'm trying!
Why am I such a failure?
What's wrong with me?

This is not the end.
Not for me.
I still have a friend.
I will find a way to be,
The person hidden inside.
I have to find a way to win.
I will make this world mine.
I can't stay here in my sin.
I have to get away,
Or I might just despair.
But here I lay.
Am I already there?

Here I am, I'm crying!
Here I am, I'm trying!
Why am I such a failure?
What's wrong with me?

WillsGirl said:
Well thank you. Tou know it's only today that I was reminded of that.
"religion" has been hard for me because my dad was always a leader in our churches and we were always there to fix things and people are always judging me. So now it's better... right? No, now we have our own church and my dad is the pastor. The services are good but I don't have any friends and EVERYONE judges me so harshly because I'm the Pastor's daughter.
Even people who don't go to my church.
It's irritating and it makes it hard to have a steady walk with Christ but I'm working on it.
Thanks for being understanding. I know there are a lot of people who get offended when someone else shares their beliefs (No matter what they are.)

That is really sad. I can't understand why people behave like that. The important thing is that you are your true self. Those moments are the best to find the people who really care about you and to know those who are and always will be loyal to you.

I'm surprised that people judge you because of that. In my country that is such a blessing. To have someone related in any way to a church is something to be proud of in most of the Mexican families.

I think that I'm not the only one grateful to you, because it is complicated to express our own feelings, but you make it in a very distinct and touching way.

I hope better times for you, you deserve it.

Giselle

laugh_a_lot said:
wow. u really do amaze me. yes, i have had people in my family die of cancer. my mom almost did. well the doctors said she had it and then had surgery and it wasnt cancer so we were all freaked out. a lot of my family has died from cancer and ahlsymers(sry i dont kno how to spell it). i agree. life wouldnt be worth living without hardships.

That happened to my mother too, the last four years have been so difficult, but the important thing is that we are still here. Even in illness, we need to find a proper way to live. It is us who live now, when I am sad about all those times, I just think of a song that I love so much, it really helps me. (If you're interested, the son is "See the Sun," by Dido)

Giselle

Wow... thank you. That was very touching.
But honestly... I don't deserv anything! I am a sinner and I don't always have righteous thoughts about the way my life is working. But I do appreaciate your understanding.
I have the chorus ONLY to a song I'm writing about people juging me.
Personally I AM proud to be a PK but It seems to put a target on my chest that says: Look at me! I'm not perfect! Point it out! Watch me, Wait for me to mess up!!!
yeah... that sux but I have gotten used to it a bit. People have been juging me my whole life, for everything from being a part of a big family, to being schooled so privately, or having my dad e a pastor or the clothes I wear or what and how I sing or that I wear make up and do my hair certain ways!
GOSH there is always something!
I really appreaciate your understanding. It makes me feel a whole lot better.
I think I'm going to go write some more songs and things anf I'll have to turn in early because school starts again tomorrow.
Thank you all for your beautiful words of encouragement!

~ Kate

Back