IM's New Contest! Win A Weta Statue !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot truly say that I have a favorite character. I love many of them for different reasons. So I will pick one of the lesser mentioned ones.

I love the "other Lion" as the book calls him. It never mentions his name, just the "other Lion". He reminds me of my friend, always bubbly, always friendly, always sensitive and appreciative of praise, though somewhat of a busibody. He just seems to exude utter excitement and innocense. I love the way he goes on about Aslan saying 'us Lions'.
Did you hear what he said? Us Lions. that means him and me. Us Lions.That means him and me."
:D
~Dryad~

IceMaiden said:
A lot of entries are saying ASLAN:). I imagine the winner will pick out the girls on Aslan WETA statue ;)

Could you list the different kinds of WETA statues? Are they gray or colored? :confused:

If you go to ebay and do a search, type in NARNIA WETA STATUES and a whole bunch of them should show up. They are made by WETA WORKSHOP.

There are also the NECA NARNIA STATUES which are more numerous...type in NECA NARNIA STATUES on ebay and a whole set shows up. I am bidding on the whole collection of Neca statues. But Weta are the real quality ones. My favorite is the Peter on the Horse.

They are most definitely not gray but exceptionally well-sculpted and colorful :)

My ultimate favorite character in the book and in the film as well has always been Edmund. Mostly detested by all, I love his character. He strongly and sincerely reminded me of no other than myself. Being the youngest in a family, (yes I know Lucy is the youngest, but Ed is the youngest boy) He totally reflected me. I was reminded of how in so many life situations I always wanted my way not my other siblings/peoples' ways. And how I got sticked to my own selfish desires and gave in to sin. But redemption seems to always find me. He not just reflected me, but all humans I think, in how we give into our own selfish desires. ;)

jonathanruiz209 said:
My ultimate favorite character in the book and in the film as well has always been Edmund. Mostly detested by all, I love his character. He strongly and sincerely reminded me of no other than myself. Being the youngest in a family, (yes I know Lucy is the youngest, but Ed is the youngest boy) He totally reflected me. I was reminded of how in so many life situations I always wanted my way not my other siblings/peoples' ways. And how I got sticked to my own selfish desires and gave in to sin. But redemption seems to always find me. He not just reflected me, but all humans I think, in how we give into our own selfish desires. ;)

Interesting :) I like what you have to say about Edmund.

Like many others.....

Like many others who have posted here for this contest, Aslan is far and away my favorite, and for the same reasons everyone else specifies. Aslan is AFAIK, the strongest type of Christ that exists in all of literature. Aslan is also a lion, and above all other influences, has also fostered in me a lifelong interest in all things leoine.

My favorite is Susan. While many dislike her, I found that in "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe", she grew a lot. She is the second oldest, yet sometimes acts like the oldest by trying to keep the peace among the siblings. She also is very logical and while some might see that as disbelief, I see that as a strength. She did not want to rush forward without some sort of plan.

She grows to trust Aslan there and shows that when she gets up to get in some practice in the archery range. It shows that even though it has been a short time, she already loves Narnia and is willing to fight to defeat the White Witch.

Overall, I love that Susan finds faith as well as courage. She also is often the glue that holds all of them together, both in England and in Narnia.

Just wondering, how do u decide the winner?

What about the contest by WETA? Is it really organized by them? I didn't remember seeing the same contest at the main website at sideshowtoy.com

I'm the one offering the prize in this contest, not Weta Workshop or Sideshow Collectibles. I just decide the winner by running off copies of the entries and closing my eyes to pick one randomly to make it fair.

My favorite character is Aslan

My favorite character in the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe is Aslan. I like him not only for his amazing look, presence, or the kind of lion he is, but also for what he stands for and who he represents to me. The moment Aslan steps out of the tent, he is awe inspiring and you realize that he is a powerful beast that demands your respect. This one moment set the stage for how I viewed him throughout the rest of the movie. As the movie continued, it became clear that Aslan was good natured as lions go, and he cared very much for all narnians and was willing to go great lengths, even death, to protect them. I think Aslan stood for justice and right over wrong no matter what the risk or cost. All of these factors would be enough for me to choose Aslan as my favorite character. But I would be doing you a wrong if I didn't mention the biggest single reason for why Aslan is my favorite character. To me, Aslan represents my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When Aslan dies on the stone table to pay for the wrong edmund has done, it reminds me so much of how Jesus died on the cross to pay for my wrong. And of course, both rise from the dead and in doing so, conquor death. So there are my reasons for choosing Aslan as my favorite character. His look and presence, for what he stands for and for who he represents to me.

My favorite character from Narnia is Lucy. I liked her because she reminds me of my daughter and she shows positive characteristics. Her curiosity gets the best of her at times, that's how she discovers Narnia. She's both innocent and smart. I liked how she was willing to forgive her siblings when they finally believed her about Narnia. Her other strong quality is her loyalty. She was loyal to Tumnus even though she found out that he had thought about kidnapping her.

My favorite character in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe is Mr. Tumnus. Even when I was a toddler I was in love with him after seeing the cartoon version. I think that he is one of the most courageous characters in the entire story. He put himself in danger when he let Lucy go didn’t worry about his own safety. Even when he was locked away in the witch’s dungeon he still worried about her. Mr. Tumnus is the kindest, most generous and caring character in my eyes.

Don't forget this contest ends June 2nd. Wow...time flies. I can't believe we're already 2/3 of the way through the month of May!!

My fave character has always been King Peter in The lion, the witch and the wardrobe. When i was little he was always my fave, he is a good king, taking up the role of high king of narnia. I think he's a good warrior and a good man. I am not a person who likes a character b/c of the actor. I like the characters not the actors. But overall Peter is my favourite in LWW.

My favorite Character is..

My favorite character is Peter although Im obsessed with Edmund aka SKandar Keynes..
Peter was a strong and brave person in the family and he was like a good replacable father to the Penvensie kids.since the other father was in war..I will also like to add that he fought well in the battle against the witch's
forces.. it was like he was Aslan himself..thats why I think he was the High King of Narnia not because he was the oldest..

i'm slipping in here at the last minute....

I love the character of Lucy. She is so innocent and always seems to have a good answer for everything even though it is not necessarily right. What I mean by this is that in a perfect world, her solutions would work. Lucy is the epitome of child innocence and wisdom. She is also a very brave person. She is also very caring, so caring she can accept anyone and is willing to care for anyone. Long live Queen Lucy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back