IM's New Contest! Win A Weta Statue !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This is a neat contest IceMaiden! Thank you for doing this for us. :)

My favorite character in all of Narnia, is Lucy. For the start she exhibits such incredible faith and courage. She fights for her family and for her country. She's strong and not afraid to go into battle, but she's also a lady, a true Queen of Narnia. And I guess the other reason is that I'm really so much like Lucy. We have the same outlook on life, and the same vivid imagination. Anything is possible. Her faith in Aslan never fails her, just like I want my faith in Jesus to never fail me. That's why my favorite character in Narnia is Lucy Pevensie.~NP

Hi... I just joined and this is my first post :D

Although he has a kind of small part in the movie, my favorite character is Ginarrbrik. He is just so funny! You almost have to feel bad for him. To me it seems like the White Witch forced him to work for her. He's so small and helpless... and he's one of those people you want to hug and squish! Plus, I <3 Kiran Shah :)

IceMaiden said:
Okay I changed a few things here because I didn't think this was the post that was going to be originally stickied as a topic. If you entered you can just edit your post/answer.

Hi there NarniaFans, I am ICEMAIDEN, servant of Jadis :)

I'm a new member here and what better way to get to know you guys and introduce myself by hosting my own contest for everyone. I'm a collector of many things Narnia, so I decided, why not share the joy?

The contest rules are:

1. One entry per person ( yeah I know, you guys know, but I just had to say it)

2. The contest begins May 2nd and ends June 2nd.

The contest entry:

1. NAME YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE.

2. Describe WHY you like this character, and don't just say " because he or she is cute." Tell me about why you enjoyed the character's personality. what he or she stood for, etc.

3. Post your entry on the board AND E MAIL ME A COPY TO
servantofjadis@yahoo.com so I can keep track of all the entries.

The Prize:

Winner is selected by random...I'll copy all the usernames of the entrants down, cut em all up, and put them in a hat at home and draw the winner.

PRIZE: the winner gets a choice of either MASTER REPLICA'S PETER'S SWORD, THE WHITE WITCH'S WAND, or ONE WETA NARNIA STATUE OF YOUR CHOICE!!!!!

Any questions? E mail me at servantofjadis@yahoo.com

Good luck!!
IceMaiden aka ServantofJadis!!

Id like tpo enter!!! my user name is the freak sisters.

My favourite of all the characters from the book was Mr Tumnus.

I like the fact that he has a double agenda, and how he knows that, even though he could get killed for doing it, he still sees it makes more sense to save Lucy, and put his own life at risk.
The White Witch had told them all that if they found a daughter-of-Eve or a son-of-Adam they were to bring it to her, and, even though he started to enchant her, he redeemed himself by letting her go. In the film, this was brought on by Aslan appearing in the fire, but in the book, it is totally Mr Tumnus' choice as to what happens to her, and this shows his complete capacity for good, while being willing to put his own life at risk.

I think that James McAvoy played him really well, and he was believable in a way that the other "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" films I have seen didn't.
I was also inspired by the way James interacted with little Georgie that made it seem natural for her to follow him, because that is one of the main places that most films mess up on.
James played Mr Tumnus in just the way I had imagined him to be played, being careful at the beginning when entering the house, because he knew he was about to capture her, but also, immediately after her first comments to him after entering the house, starting to realise what he was doing was wrong. He still started to go on with it, but to stop after getting that far shows, in my opinion, a greater capacity for good than if he was to have not started to enchant her in the first place.

I also really liked the Music that Harry Gregson-Williams created for when Mr Tumnus is enchanting Lucy. That was a key moment in the Music of the film for me.
I just loved the way that that whole scene seemed mystical and awe inspiring, which was partly to do with the music, but also to do with the interaction between the fire, and James' responses to Georgie's actions towards it.

On the whole, Mr Tumnus was my favourite character in "The Lion, The Witch and The wardrobe"

Last edited:
IceMaiden said:
Okay I changed a few things here because I didn't think this was the post that was going to be originally stickied as a topic. If you entered you can just edit your post/answer.

Hi there NarniaFans, I am ICEMAIDEN, servant of Jadis :)

I'm a new member here and what better way to get to know you guys and introduce myself by hosting my own contest for everyone. I'm a collector of many things Narnia, so I decided, why not share the joy?

The contest rules are:

1. One entry per person ( yeah I know, you guys know, but I just had to say it)

2. The contest begins May 2nd and ends June 2nd.

The contest entry:

1. NAME YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE.

2. Describe WHY you like this character, and don't just say " because he or she is cute." Tell me about why you enjoyed the character's personality. what he or she stood for, etc.

3. Post your entry on the board AND E MAIL ME A COPY TO
servantofjadis@yahoo.com so I can keep track of all the entries.

The Prize:

Winner is selected by random...I'll copy all the usernames of the entrants down, cut em all up, and put them in a hat at home and draw the winner.

PRIZE: the winner gets a choice of either MASTER REPLICA'S PETER'S SWORD, THE WHITE WITCH'S WAND, or ONE WETA NARNIA STATUE OF YOUR CHOICE!!!!!

Any questions? E mail me at servantofjadis@yahoo.com

Good luck!!
IceMaiden aka ServantofJadis!!

My favorite Narnia character is Susan Pevensie.
Susan is a normal teenage girl, really. In the movie, I like her better than in the book because she is basically a replica of the movie-version Hermione (played by Emma Watson): Smart, beautiful, and adventerous, who is my favorite book character ever. Susan thinks things through before she acts, and tries to get Peter to do the same. Though she always lets her voice be heard, Peter never decides to use her ideas, and simply throws them away; this is another good thing about Susan: Even though her brother casts away her ideas, she still keeps feeding them through, and continues to be strong when he turns her down.
Because I'm such a fan of Susan, I cried when I found out she was not in Narnia with Peter, Lucy, and Edmund in The Last Battle.

Hi, personally I like the Professor, unless a minor character in this movie/book; he maintains a balance between mistery, logic, fantasy; also it is because I enjoyed him as Digory in The Magician's Nephew.

My favorite character was... Mr. Tumnus.
In the book I was like ok whatever, cool a faun. But, in the movie they did an amazing job with him. He's seems very friendly and nice. He looks and acts like someone you could approach and they'd listen and understand your problem, except the fact that he doesn't wear any clothes... Also the chemistry between him and Georgie (Lucy) was amazing. Every scene with the two of them was just, magical. Props to James, Georgie, Adamson, Berger and everyone else who helped make Mr. Tumnus who he is.

BTW, I thought the wolves were awesome too :D So was everyone. Everyone in the movie was awesome! Even the bad guys. Otmin and Oriues are insane...

I like Peter cuase not only is he hot but he has a leadership in his family and tries to make them get along. Even though they don't start out as the happiest family of the year, Peter brings the family closer togather!!!!He may get into a squabble with Susan or Edmund now and then, but he still looks out for them no matter what!!!!!

Today is the deadline.
Last chance today, or is it already over?

No, it's over. Specter needs to lock this thread. I have to run off all the copies of the e mails I received and pick the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back