In the Heart of Anvard (My Kingdom For a Horse): Free RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flower actually had very little idea if she had meet anyone of importance in the seaport or anywhere else, because she did not understand social happenings among humans. Nevertheless she wanted to be helpful, particularly because these people were taking her back to Narnia where she desperatly wanted to go, so she relayed her information.

"I don't know exactly if anyone we meet in the harbor was important, but I believe we did meet a merchant whose name I think was Squire Spalik, but I'm not exactly sure. I could probably find him again iffin you want."

Woefulgut

"Yes, that sounds as good as anything. When we get to the harbor tomorrow morning, please do help us locate this man Spalik."

"Okay." Flower wanders back to the mast and climbs back up to perch there.

'You can see alot up here.' she watches the darkness growing as it nears night. Flower though is like most cats at least partcially nocturnal and has no problem continuing to keep watch into the night.... if she can stay awake that is.

{ That's probably as far as we should try to carry this, until other threads begin showing some action again. }

~ ~ Are you saying that on behalf of a character back at the Northaway Inn?

~ ~ If yes to that, then the character at the inn will be told by Retaw the Gryphon that Flower lost interest in the mail flights after only a couple of trips. The last Retaw saw of her, she was hoping to find a way back to Narnia.

~ ~ If you meant for one of the brothers on Woefulgut's ship to be asking the question, then Woefulgut himself will reply that Flower is on board and has recently eaten a mouse or two (noting that talking mice do not even exist yet at this point in time).

~ ~ If yes to that, then the character at the inn will be told by Retaw the Gryphon that Flower lost interest in the mail flights after only a couple of trips. The last Retaw saw of her, she was hoping to find a way back to Narnia.

OOC: Flower never told anyone she was trying to get back to Narnia. She wanted to and thought about it but as I recall she never said anything about trying to find a way back.

OOC: Green denotes that it is Dar speaking. Just like black is Ava, Indigo is Longtail, andOrchid is Sulfae.

I try to remember to use the colors. Generally, I do. Sometimes I forget. I did explain this when I first introduced the boys. Maybe next time I will write the name as well.

@.#Siawn#.@

Siawn comes above deck. Unlike some of the others, he displays not a hint of sickness when faced with the water of the river. With sure steps, he makes his way to the Crow's Nest, where he strikes up a conversation with the sailor keeping the watch there.

"Look here. How long do you think it'll be before we get underway? It's for my brother, you see. He's not much for the water. I'm a trifle anxious on his account."

The sailor doesn't likely see what he slips between two of the boards, where a bit of the caulking has come loose.

Last edited:
~ ~ Post 226 of this thread shows that the Forlorn Hope is still on the river, far from being out to sea. It still is the same day as Woefulgut set sail.

OOC: All right. I've made a couple of edits ;). Guess I should've read back that far. Next post, let's move some of these threads ahead a little.

* * Gladly. If there are no objections, for Woefulgut and Company it is now the next morning, and the ship is drawing within sight of the major seaport at the river mouth. Flower the Cat, in her extremely short career as a "postal kitten," met a good-natured and important merchant here, called Squire Spalik. Woefulgut plans to tell Spalik how Arlis refused to help, and since Spalik is MY creation, I say he is NOT in league with the treasonous steward. The Marshwiggle will plead with Spalik to supply a few brave sailors, because the Forlorn Hope does not currently have enough men to keep her under control in bad conditions at sea.

Flower yawned. She had thought she'd only closed her eyes for a moment but now she could see the sunrise far off in the east.
'Musta fallen asleep.' she thinks, 'Oh well, we ain't been comendered by pirates or had those officials catch up with us, so I suppose no harm done. Now I just gotta remeber that first mail trip...' the kitten stretches on her perch above the sail where she kept watch. She felt the breeze blow on her as they moved along.
"Well I didn't like being a mail-kitten so I suppose I'll try being a sailor kitten." she says to herself.

Captain Woefulgut sought out Flower to say, "Once we reach the harbor and tie up at a pier, I will ask you to go with Gareth, and those two brothers who signed on with us, to find Squire Spalik and ask for his help. The new men can bear witness to the horrors going on in Narnia, in case he doubts the need. I would come along myself, but with my luck, someone would mistake me for a Merman and ask me to introduce him to my sisters."

Last edited:
OOC: I'm not even going to ask how anyone knows who Dar and Mathan are.:rolleyes:

IC: "Ok." Flower jumps up to sit on the rail, her tail twitching.
'Well I'm not getting to Narnia as fast as I wanted, but I suppose going slowly is better than not going at all.' she thinks.

OOC: Sorry, I mean the other two, Siawn and his brother. I've edited Dar and Mathan out.

As soon as they had the Forlorn Hope fastened to a dock, Gareth called for Flower and the two brothers to come along into the mercantile district adjoining the waterfront.

OOC: Now we need Lava and/or Inkling to post. Doesn't matter if this thread is kept waiting thereby, since it's already chronologically ahead of all others.

Flower heard her name called and jumped down from the rail. It may've been odd though for most to see the way she jumped down. Flower had jumped into the river and swam to the dock; unlike most cats who would've jumped down onto the deck and procceded to land without wetting their paws.
Flower shook herself off and trotted up to her companions, smiling and still dripping.

Gareth knew exactly what he would say to Squire Spalik: he would explain Captain Woefulgut's mission, and ask for men and supplies to enable an immediate return voyage to Narnia. All of this would not require any specific action by Siawn and his brother, so that the persons playing those characters could, if they preferred, give some reason why they would rather NOT have their characters be on this errand.

Meanwhile, the merchant was sitting at his desk, thinking, "I wish very much that I could do something to help our Narnian neighbors. Everyone in Archenland who pays the slightest attention to events KNOWS that Jadis is a monster of wickedness who cannot be bargained with and who respects only power; but for some reason, our government seems unwilling even to take much in the way of purely defensive measures. If someone from Narnia were to walk in here now and show me a way that my wealth could do some good against the evil plans of Jadis, I would be delighted to help!"

Meanwhile, the merchant was sitting at his desk, thinking, "I wish very much that I could do something to help our Narnian neighbors. Everyone in Archenland who pays the slightest attention to events KNOWS that Jadis is a monster of wickedness who cannot be bargained with and who respects only power; but for some reason, our government seems unwilling even to take much in the way of purely defensive measures. If someone from Narnia were to walk in here now and show me a way that my wealth could do some good against the evil plans of Jadis, I would be delighted to help!"

OOC: How ironic.:p:rolleyes:

IC: Flower remebered what the house looked like and relitively where it was.
"Should we get moving? I think I remeber the way." says she.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back