Maria Sharapova

Sir Godfrey

Pelegrin Crucis
I recently have become a huge tennis fan and I owe it all to one player; Maria Sharapova. What drew me to fancing her as player wasn't only her great wining record, beauitful figure, and great power shots. It was her great sportmanship (which will be explained in my future posts). She has such great focus and precison. I look foward to seeing Sharapova in next Grand slams and on theday she becomes #1 in the world. I also celebrate her recent victory at the Australian Open, where she dominated and won the championship. Go Maria!

Attachments

• Maria-Sharapova-Poster-C11758661.jpg
    Maria-Sharapova-Poster-C11758661.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Nah, I don't like tennis but you already know that :p Sharapova is a good tennis player. She has everything to become the number one of the world but I hate the annoying screaming she (and not only she, there are plenty of others doing this too) is doing all the time during the matches she plays. But enough complained about her screaming, she is very good. She has the potential and the talent to win so much more. And she is working on it everyday.

Sharapova scream in my opinion deminstrates how much power she is putting on the ball. Because during AO she was very quiet during match and I noticed considerable diffrance in how she played. I think it maybe possible to detirm that when she is going on the offesnive she screams, but on defensive she's more reserved and quiet.

Many tennisplayers do this to confuse their opponents. A couple of years ago Monica Seles made it a bit too annoying. She got a warning by the Umpire. I don't think Sharapova will ever be like that ;)

Because you are her fan :p My goodness...look at her arms :eek: She is very strong! She better not throw a ball at my head :D
Okay...next grand slam...Roland Garros. The winner? Who do you think will win the female finals?

Hmm... well naturally I would say Maria Sharapova, but for the runners up Justine Henin and Ana Ivanovic if she plays.

Also did you know Maria will be playing in 2008 Olmpic Games! I hope she wins a Gold Medal!

Next Grand slam:

French Open May 25th-8th June

And we can't forget the Williams sisters. I think the time has come Justine Henin no longer will win easily. And it's about time (sorry Justine) others take over. I think Maria has a pretty good chance. Let's hope it won't end like it did last year. And yes! the olympic games are coming :D She has a pretty good chance to win a gold medal there. It depends on her training and if she will stay this strong. Many times they are getting nervous.

I don't know Maria doesn't seem to be easily effected by nerves. She keeps herself very focused and consitrated on her goal. As for her training, so far it has proven to have shaped her into an even better player than she already was. Her serve is exellent, her defense is strong, and her offense if amazing. I think Maria Sharapova has every chance of winning the french Open and the 2008 Olmpic Games. As for Williams sisters, they didn't do to well at the Australian Open this year, so they'll have to step it up if they have chance at winning the French Open.

I bought my first Tennis rachet today. It's the Prince AirPro which is indorsed by Maria Sharapova or at least she uses the brand and modeled for it.

You are a real fan eh? I don't dare to say if Maria will win the Olympic Games because often when you expect someone to win, someone else wins.
Unless your name is Roger Federer ;)
I don't care who will win any tennisgame (male or female) but because you are her fan, I hope Maria will win the upcoming three grand slams and the olympics 2008 :D
You should play tennis!! Maybe you will become the next number one :D

Oh yes! I love tennis and Maria! She is by far.. my favorite female tennis player. I like how even though she's a girl sports player she still stays very feminine. All these masculine girls kind of creep me out. But my favorite male player would for sure be.. Roger Federer. But Andy Rodick is cool too. :)

Oh yes! I love tennis and Maria! She is by far.. my favorite female tennis player. I like how even though she's a girl sports player she still stays very feminine. All these masculine girls kind of creep me out. But my favorite male player would for sure be.. Roger Federer. But Andy Rodick is cool too. :)

Yeah Tennis in my opinion is one of all time greatest sports invented. I just love h w competitive it is. As for Maria I agree, unlike many musculine wemon, Maria keeps her feminine side both on and off the court. I loved how when she won the AO she jumped up to her father in the stand, took his hand and jumped up and down with excitment like a school girl.

Last edited:
Nah, personally I don't see Tennis as the greatest sport invented. My mother watch it often so I hear the news about tennis as well of course.
Don't forget it is a very heavy sport so of course many women look not so feminine anymore. Because they follow a very heavy schedule to get in shape. I must say Justine Henin doesn't look bad either. She is very thin and is very strong. Hey, she is belgium and België is our neighbour country :D

Jelena Jankovic. (Looked it up) *Note I knew who it was but I couldn't think of the name.

Triva Question:

What is Maria's nickname?

Back