Monk

Which Monk character is your favorite?

• Total voters
Howdy Pirate, welcome back! Looks like you joined in '06 and have relatively few posts ...

I love Monk, too! Did you know they are now releasing paperback books based on the Monk series? I have read two of them; they are written by some of the script writers, and they're pretty funny.

Did you see the Christmas Miracle show they released this December, when the police Capt was out with a back injury and miraculously healed? It dealt with faith in a way which wasn't that hokey. I liked it.

"The Defective Detective," LOL, what's not to like about him? I haven't seen that Christmas show, but definitely I will check it out.

This is my favorite show ever!! I have all the seasons except 6, and I love every episode, so funny!!!!!

It's a gift.....and a curse. lol

And I really liked the newest episode, SHHHHHH, lol

Last edited:
Howdy Pirate, welcome back! Looks like you joined in '06 and have relatively few posts ...

I love Monk, too! Did you know they are now releasing paperback books based on the Monk series? I have read two of them; they are written by some of the script writers, and they're pretty funny.

Did you see the Christmas Miracle show they released this December, when the police Capt was out with a back injury and miraculously healed? It dealt with faith in a way which wasn't that hokey. I liked it.

I've only read "Mr. Monk goes to the firehouse", they based the episode "Mr. Monk can't see a thing" on that one.
And no, I haven't seen the Christmas one. I don't get to see the newest Monk episodes from where I come from. I buy the DVDs. So far, I'm only on Season number 4.

No, I have to try to tune in to USA Network and see the commercials. I have Tivo just tape every new first-run episode, so I don't usually see the commercials. :(

They will probably be repeating the Christmas one the way they do over the holiday season; it was really sweet. I would love to have the DVD's! But I think, with Tivo's help, I have seen most of the episodes.

I love "Mr. Monk Can't See a Thing," that's one of my favorite episodes. The other one I like is when he gets the little foster child; I forget the name of it. It's very sweet. "Nature Dirty!" the little tyke learns to say ...

I also think the program is one of the "nicer" ones on TV. It's not about sex or smut, and the heroes are realistic, but not cruel to one another. I love the relationships betwee the police capt and lieutenant and Monk and his assistant. It is just sort of affirming, even when it's sad.

The one where he adobts the kid is called "Mr. Monk and the kid".
And yeah. The realationship between the Captain and Randy is really funny. The Captain is always really serious about stuff, but Randy is the opposite.
Here's a little conversation between Sharona and Randy in"Mr. Monk and the Godfather" (which I love by the way):
Randy: Look, I know why your attracted to him. It's because he's dangerous. (sighs) Some people say I'm dangerous. (acting cool)
Sharona: Sure! people driving behind you.
Randy looks at Sharona in his usual dumb-founded way.

Last edited:
Oh, yah, I love Randy's character. In the new Christmas one this season, the Capt is sidelined because of his bad back, and Randy takes over, and for once he really sort of shines. That was another nice feature about this "Mr. Monk and the Miracle" one.

Have you gotten to the season when Natalie takes over from Sharona? I like them both very much, but to me Natalie is the more sympathetic character.

Yeah, Natalie takes over Sharona in the 3rd season. It's kind of disapointing that she leaves, but it's also nice to know Natalie.
I can't really choose who I like better, it depends on what mood I'm in.

Yeah, I think is Natile is more soft on him then Sharona, and Sharona really pushes him(in a good way)

I loved in the episode "Mr. Monk and the Kid" its something like

Tommy: *Picks up stick and tries to put it in his mouth*
Monk: No, No, No, Nature is dirty
Tommy: Nature Diiiiirty

I LOVE THAT HE TEACHES HIM THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think is Natile is more soft on him then Sharona, and Sharona really pushes him(in a good way)

I loved in the episode "Mr. Monk and the Kid" its something like

Tommy: *Picks up stick and tries to put it in his mouth*
Monk: No, No, No, Nature is dirty
Tommy: Nature Diiiiirty

I LOVE THAT HE TEACHES HIM THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha. thats funny

Nature Dirty!

I loved that too. That whole episode was so sweet and funny, when Mr. Monk gave him back because he didn't want Tommy to grow up defective like him ...

Yah, Sharonna was much tougher than Natalie. I can't believe so far in this thread we didn't talk abotu Dr. Kroger. I love him! He's so sweet and witty. Once when Monk had to have an emergency session cuz he found this crazy man had kept his mother's dead body in his house and dressed it up and stuff, Monk was rambling on:

"I mean, I loved Trudy so much, and I never dug up her grave and dressed up her body!"

And Dr. Kroger says, "I know. And that's something I've always admired about you..."

I had to lay down and laugh. He was the best.

I agree. Stanley Kamel did a great job being Dr. Kroger.
I liked it when Mr. Monk asked him in one of the episodes, "Well? What do you think?" And Dr. Kroger says, "What do you think?" Then Mr. Monk gets outraged and shouts at him, "Everytime I say what do you think, you say what do you think!" And Dr. Kroger replies calmly: "Well, what-do-you-think?"
That was great!:D

Back