Revelation Paralleled with The Last Battle.

Sir Godfrey

Pelegrin Crucis
I've been reading Revelation for nearly a week now. Last night I was reading Chapter 6:13. It say after the Lamb broke open the sixth seal that the Sun became dark as cloth and the moon became red as blood. It als says the stars fell fro mthe sky. When I read this passage I envisioned the chapter before the last chapter of the Last Battle when Aslan calls for the End of Narnia. I remember the sun blackness and that the stars fall. I also remember Father Time awakening and the slumbering dragons of Underland awaking and stetting fire the lands. What I'm trying to convey is there is an obvious parallel between the two. That C.S. Lewis wrote the end of his beloved story like that of End or Apcolaypse of the Bible. I know I'm not the only one to probabley notice this, but I thought it was something intresting to talk about. What other Revelation like parallels to do you see in The Last Battle?

Note: I'm merely trying to point out that The Last Battle has many similarities to Revelation in the Bible. I am not saying it is a direct copy.

Last edited:
There comes a false Christ who decieves everone into thinking that he is God. That's always been the main one for me. Also, Narnia is re-created into a perfect land, just as God will bring down the new Jerusalem and re-create this world.

The Antichrist will have a superhuman ability to deceive all who are in any degree willing to be deceived--which, sadly, means most people. "The Last Battle" reflects this, in the way the bad guys were able to come up with a cover story even when Tirian had custody of Puzzle and thought he could finally explode the whole "Tashlan" deception.

The evil Dwarfs who were "for the Dwarfs" also represent a very probable feature of the End Times. When the Antichrist comes, I believe that there will be some people who are against him for the wrong reasons--not because they are on the side of Jesus, but because they have their own preferred falsehoods which compete with the particular line of falsehoods marketed by the Antichrist. Remember that there is only one true Savior, but plenty of diverse ways for people to go wrong. The Antichrist will privately laugh at his "rivals in falsehood," because they're still going to the same H-ll.

You both make very exellent points. Both of those parallel to Revelation.

What did you think of Tash? His role to play in the Last Battle? Doesi t parallel with anything in the Bible? We know he is a demon and the supposed god the Calormen people worship. But is he symbol that parallels with anything in Revelation?

Simple enough: Satan!

Great parallel, afterall there isn't really any other character that fits the devil parallel in the LB. I also though Tash some what resembles Allah, because he is a false god, and the people serving him are really serving Hasatan.

So again simply put: Satan.

That's what I've always thought, Mary - Shift was the False Prophet and Calormen represented the Power of the World that made war against the saints. Tash would be the satan figure (though that's problematic in Narnia). It's not a strict parallel to Revelation, and we don't know much about how the events of Revelation are going to unfold in actual history, but it captures the spirit.

One thing I found interesting: Lewis had Puzzle, the image by which the people were deceived, be an innocent who was used by, and eventually victimized by, the evil forces! If any figure would be the Antichrist, it would be Puzzle! Yet he is redeemed in the end, and in fact had no real complicity in the scheming. Eustace hit it on the head, though: by being fearful and allowing himself to be pushed around when he knew better, Puzzle bore some responsibility for what happened.

Interesting observation PrinceoftheWest. I agree with your statment about Puzzle, I however must stress he is in no way an exact parallel to the anti-christ for as Aslan forgives him in the end, while in Revelation The LORD throws Satan, the Anti-Christ and the Beast into the enternal pit. But then again no character is an exact parallel, Puzzle is the obvious symbol of the Anti-Christ because be pretends to be Aslan, even if he knew in his heart that it was wrong.

Great points, everyone! Though, reading the story, I've always pictures Shift to be the real Anti-christ and he just took advantage of Puzzle to pull it off. But I love how in the end Aslan forgives Puzzle! It just goes to show how no matter what we've done, He will always forgive us!

You make another great point, Shift does play more of true role of the anti-christ, while puzzle takes on the appearance or becomes the symbol. Prehapes Shift is the anti-christ, Puzzle the Beast, and Tash as Satan.

I've always thought that Emperor-Beyond-Eastern-Sea was symbolic Jehovah, Aslan obviously symbolic of Christ and The Deep Magic symbolic of the Holy Spirit. To me C.S. Lewis put the Trinity in the CON, so why wouldn't he put the unholy trinity in the Last Battle? Afterall Lewis has put Biblical allgories and symbolism through all of the Chronicles of Narnia books.

I didn't think of it that way! I know he put the trinity in there, but I never thought of the anti-christ/false prophet/Satan thing!

I think that is neat observation to i think the Last Battle next to lww is more of a statement to Cs Lewis Faith then the rest of them even though pc has some good ones to i have been reading Inside Prince Caspian on and off and the author makes some good points in pc that is allegorical too.

Back