Revelation Paralleled with The Last Battle.

plus, I think we always write Susan off because Narnia has ended but we forget that England is still alive and kicking. I like to think that Susan came back but by not knowing its a harsh reminder of needing to stay faithful.

I'm just going to throw something out there and see what you think now...but what if The Last Battle isn't supposed to have a single Anti-Christ at all? After all, Shift was lying but wasn't the one actually pretending to be Aslan. Puzzle had no ulterior motive and was really too stupid to figure it out. And Tash shows up rather late in the story to be the Anti-Christ the entire time. I wonder if perhaps Lewis was more pointing out that if we allow anything to take Aslan (for the Narnians) / Christ (for us)'s place in our lives, we pull ourselves away from heaven. I'm not saying that if once in a while we pick a baseball game over church kind of thing but more in the way the Narnian animals so readily gave up their faith in the true Aslan for a fake imitation. How many times do we give up truth for cheap imitations? I hope that made sense

^interesting! I have always looked at Shift as a false prophet, one who claims to know God (Aslan) and preaches falsehoods about Him. One I thing, however, that I disagree with, is that if people have heard nothing but lies about Jesus, etc...how can they be expected to turn to Him in love and faith? (The animals/creatures who looked on Real Aslan in so-called 'hatred' and were banished from Him.) They cannot be blamed for something that is not entirely their fault. (Now, in the case of one of the saddest scenes in the book, when the dwarves are so hurt by the fake Aslan that they refuse to see the goodness of the real Aslan...oh, it's just so sad. And it's not entirely their fault!!!) This is one reason I think so many turn from Christianity or never join it to begin with--all they hear are "fire and brimstone," "hell and damnation," "beware the wrath of God," God is an angry God" and all manner of similar rubbish....basically all they hear are untruths. They hear nothing of the Infinite Love and Mercy of our Saviour. Like the poor animals and other Narnians who began to not believe in or 'hate' Aslan, all because of the workings of a false prophet, a liar, one who would lead them away from Him.

I don't think the Narnians just "readily" or easily gave up their faith in Aslan. They felt wholly betrayed and used, abused, etc. Only such extreme cases such as that truly cause people to turn from their faith, and in such cases they cannot be held fully accountable. They were cruelly mislead and lied to. It is heartbreaking.

I would agree that they didn't just throw away their faith in Aslan but I do think they gave in too quickly. The stories of Aslan should show how he acts and that this new behavior didn't fit His character. Besides, Jesus warns us to be wary of false teachers who will lead us astray by sounding similar. So I think they can be held accountable.
After all, the calormene boy (whose name I'm going blank on) never believed in Aslan but his faith in Tash was a faith that was more for Aslan as well as he never wavered from his faith. He recognized immediately that Puzzle wasn't Tash. Even before he saw him, he said the idea that Tash and Aslan were one seemed completely wrong.

I think that Rishda is just a conniving fool who is taking advantage of the situation for his own gain, power, money, and glory. He will support anyone who will help him get what he wants. And he will say and do anything and oppose anyone who crosses him.

I think Rishda is along the lines as "the Beast" that Revelation 13 and Daniel 7 talks about. One who rises to power and oppresses the Narnians. This was someone who's a Calormene, not a Narnian. It would have been kind of awkward if Shift, a Talking Narnian Ape or Ginger, a Talking Narnian Cat, were the only ones oppressing Narnians.

The Calormene boy is named Emeth, whose my favorite character in the series.

Last edited:
Some of the world ending events parallel those in Revelation because probably that would have to be the case. That said, I don't think everything in TLB was meant to directly parallel Revelation simply because they were two different historical events. Consider for a moment how two world wars on the same planet and within the same lifetime ended rather differently...in one there was an armistice and in the other there was total ruin.

There is a moment in the book where after looking at Aslan, the creatures of Narnia either turned left or right. It's most likely in refrence to the separation between the sheep and goats that Jesus talked about.

There might be some parraels with Daniel in there as well. Daniel talks about one rising to power to make peace. The Calormenes came to Narnia in peace. Rishda insisted that they disguised as merchants and work by lies and trickery. It was as they didn't want to make war with Narnia.

Back