Seven books = seven movies?

mr_tummnus said:
Question: do you think that all seven books will be recorded into movies in next years...???

LWW went really well, I think (and hope) that PC will to, but shall we see the The Last battle in the movie as well..??

What is your opinion?

:cool: Well, I think that it would be hard for "Prince Caspian" to be put into a movie, I think that itself is too short to be in a movie for 2hrs... Well, but "The Voyage Of Dawn Treader" and "The Last Battle" may sound pretty cool though... :rolleyes:

Oh, I think you could get two hours, and possibly even three, out of any one of the books. In Caspian alone, just the story as written would make a good movie, and there are plenty of gaps that could be used for filler as Adamson did with the Battle of Beruna. You could flesh out Caspian's time with his nurse and the stories of Old Narnia that she told him, and Dr. Cornelius' lessons, and for that matter Lewis pretty much glosses over the battles around Aslan's How between the Narnians and the Telmarines. Peter's fight with Miraz would be an exciting scene, as well as the waking of the woods and Aslan's Romp. Lots of material there to work with.

Narniafreak152 said:
Me too. They need to be sure to make the movies in order where the actors won't change their looks that much. Here is the order i think they should make it in.

1. LWW- (already completed)
2. Prince caspian
3. Voyage of the Dawn Treader
4. The silver chair
5. Last battle
6. Magician's Nephew
7. Horse and his boy

NOTE: Last battle comes before Magician's Nephew and HHB so the actors can stay the same.
I think they should make last battle last since that way the actors will look older because they weremuch older in last battle! and I have a thing for publishing order...

I hope they do!

I hope they do. I really want them to do HaHB. It is quite obviously my favorite! (Hense the Aravis signature and avatar and my username and location) I don't get why everyone hates HaHb except for me!
Also, I think that they should do Last Battle last, or show it last, or something. It would just be weird to give the ending of the series and then continue with a different part of it.

Last edited:
i think the idea is great, but.......if they do make the last battle last the kids might be to old. if i remember correctly, lucy was just going off to secondary school in the last battle. if the movie isn`t made for another 6 years, georgie would be somewhere around 17 years old. more towards the age of graduating from secondary school than starting it.

Narniafreak152 said:
Me too. They need to be sure to make the movies in order where the actors won't change their looks that much. Here is the order i think they should make it in.

2. Prince caspian
4. The silver chair
5. Last battle
6. Magician's Nephew
7. Horse and his boy

NOTE: Last battle comes before Magician's Nephew and HHB so the actors can stay the same.

I want them to do MN and HB before LB, otherwise it won't be as good.

Yeah, i agree. However, the actors and actresses would be all grown up b4 the movies r completed cuz it will take some time for one movie to be completed.

they really should make all seven movies because lww was so popular people want to see more. but only one thing, THEY NEED TO KEEP ALL THE SAME PEOPLE!!!! (ACTORS BECAUSE THEY WHERE REALLY GOOD!!) :D :cool: :)

Hi,Narnia+North!You know,I really think in PC they will skip the part with Dr.Cornelius taking Prince Caspian to the think with the ball,or whatever it was....

I think they should make all of the movies. They can't just pick and choose certain movies to make. Either they leave it at LWW or they go all the way through.

Also, I agree that they need to make the movies with respect to the actors ages. While I believe that HHB and MN need to be made, I don't think that they necessarily need to come in thier exact placement in the series as long as the movies don't lose continuity.

the magicains nephew is the second most important book by a very long way first abviously being LWW but i think they should have down TMN first and then done the whole lot in order.
1. The magicians nephew
2. The lion, the witch and the wardrobe
3. the horse and hos boy
4. prince caspian
5. voyage on the dawn treader
6. the silver chair
7. the last battle

For all you non book-reading fans who make me sick to the core, only kiding :)

This is how CS Lewis had it published

LWW
PC
VOTDT
SC
HHB
MN
LB

They're making it in that order, the way he published it in.

If they did all those side stories first, the characters would be too old to play the part. I dont like it when they have new actors for the same role (Unless its James Bond)

The Narnia Addict said:
This is how CS Lewis had it published

LWW
PC
VOTDT
SC
HHB
MN
LB

They're making it in that order, the way he published it in.

If they did all those side stories first, the characters would be too old to play the part. I dont like it when they have new actors for the same role (Unless its James Bond)

Exactly, the film makers have to think about the timing aspects so theres some continuity-- lets face it people would be chasing them with pitchforks and torches if the movies were made in an order where the actors who played the Pevensies were too old to resume playing their characters.

Plus its easier for those who haven't read the books to understand the movies if they see the same characters back.

I'm sorry, but the title of the thread sounds too much like "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers"...well bless yore beautiful hide! :D

Narniafreak152 said:

2. Prince caspian
4. The silver chair
5. Last battle
6. Magician's Nephew
7. Horse and his boy

what? it need to be in the real order :p

i think, first they will make the movies with the pevensie kids...
and the other??
really, don't know...
i hope really,
but i think not really...
in the books with edmund´, lucy and Eustasius (is this his name??) are georgie and skandar really old,
don't u think so???
maybe they are filming all books,
but edmund and luca have to be children....
really, i don't know,
but i hope so!!!

Back