Story of a Servant

Wow, thank you for those very informative and encouraging words :) I'm very grateful for them.

Is "Southward the Tigers" a published book? Or is it a story on TDL?

I have an idea, I don't know if you guys will like it.....

Can someone make me a banner for the story? If many people are interested, I'll pick the one I like most, or make an animation of all of them.

For example, you could have a picture of Kari in the front (just find someone on Google :D It's what I do) and maybe Peter and Thildar (description of him coming soon)

...If you guys like the idea, that's great. But if you don't it's fine, I'll make my own :D It's just there are so many better banner makers than me out there.

You guys want me to update, but you don't even seem to be interested in reading the next chapter :rolleyes: Thanks.

And don't say you weren't on, because I saw quite a few people who were eager for me to update online, and they didn't even bother.

Your joking right? You shouldn't feel guilty about anything. Its normal, we all have lives and we can't just expect you to post post post every day or every week or even every month.

As for the question about my "Tigers" story, I wish it WERE a published book! I'd be ecstatic if the Lewis estate would invite me to submit it as one of the proposed new Narnian books. But as it is, it's just an unfinished serial right here in The Professor's Writing Club. Thank you, Princey, for teaching me a lesson in humility by the very fact of your NOT having known where my story was! (-:

Oops- I'm sorry Copperfox, it's just from what I can tell your writing and vocabulary is very good, and you put forward very clever ideas....
So I just assumed it was published! :D Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get there someday!

My lifelong dream is to get one of my works published.....but it hasn't been much of a 'lifelong' dream as I'm only 13 :rolleyes:

You don't owe me any apology, Princey! I do hope you'll read my story, though. I'm days away from my 55th birthday, and I'd rather not go entirely undiscovered until after I die. (-;

As for the desire to be published, I think that the Internet is a two-edged sword for us: on the one hand it lets us get our work SEEN, but on the other hand it may do nothing to help us get anyone to PAY US MONEY for our work. Over in "Marketplace of Technique," I had a discussion with Lady of Lorien recently about what we wannabe writers can do to publicize ourselves.

I've been thinking lately about self-publishing. I think the easiest way for me to market my unpublished manuscripts independently (meaning non-Narnian stuff on which only I have copyright claims) would be to make AUDIO books of them, with myself reading the text aloud.

Last edited:
<TD>- Thank you! Glad you haven't abandoned me.

Copperfox- Happy birthday for whenever you're 55!! Hope you have an amazing time. And you're certainly not undiscovered- everyone at TDL loves your writing, and you're a great person :D
I think making audio books is a wonderful idea- I'm sure I'd buy whatever you read out!

You guys want me to update, but you don't even seem to be interested in reading the next chapter :rolleyes: Thanks.

And don't say you weren't on, because I saw quite a few people who were eager for me to update online, and they didn't even bother.

well i read it, tis just i didunt comment becuase TDL isunt working properly... :confused: meh... it still isunt now....

Princey, thanks for the kind words. Perhaps we'll chat after Christmas, which I hope will be a blessed one for you and all.

Ut fidem praestem in difficultate!

("May I be faithful in adversity")

Back