Best Art Direction: Dark Knight
Best Cinematograhy: Twilght
Best Visual Effects: Prince Caspian
Best Origional Song: I Thought I Lost You
Best Score: John Powell
Best Costume Design: Prince Caspian
Best Makeup: prince Caspian

And the winner is...

The TDL Academy has spoken! With the actual Oscars happening TONIGHT, the winners from our own have been decided. And they are...
Best Picture, best overall film of the year; does not have to be in the English language
-"Milk" (1)
-"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (2)
-"Kit Kittredge" (1)
-"Slumdog Millionaire" (1)
-"The Dark Knight" (4)

Best Director, best director (not necessarily director of the best picture)
-Gus Van Sant, "Milk" (1)
-Katherine Hardwick, "Twilight" (3)
-Christopher Nolan, "The Dark Knight" (2)
-Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire" (1)

Best Original Screenplay, an original storyline/idea
-"The X Files: I Want To Believe" (1)
-"Milk" (3)

Best Screenplay (Adapted), adapted from a book, play, etc.
-"Twilight" (2)
-"The Dark Knight" (2)

Best Actor in a Leading Role
-Sean Penn, "Milk" (1)
-Robert Downey Jr., "Iron Man" (2)
-Harrison Ford, "Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (3)
-Hugh Jackman, "Australia" (1)

Best Actress in a Leading Role
-Cate Blanchett, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (1)
-Kirsten Stewart, "Twilight" (1)
-Georgie Henley, "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (3)
-Kate Winslet, "The Reader" (2)

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
-Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight" (7)

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
-Scarlett Johannson, "The Other Boleyn Girl" (1)
-Amy Adams, "Doubt" (2)
-Natalie Portman, "The Other Boleyn Girl" (1)
Best Animated Feature
-"Wall-E" (5)
-"Bolt" (2)

Best Art Direction, set, etc.
-"The Dark Knight" (2)
-"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (1)

Best Cinematograhy, lighting, etc.
-"The Dark Knight" (3)
-"Twilight" (3)

Best Visual Effects
-"Iron Man" (1)
-"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (3)
-"Jumper" (1)
Best Original Song, a song written specifically for the motion picture
-"The Call," Regina Spektor, "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (5)
-"Let Me Sign," by Robert Pattinson, "Twilight" (1)
-"I Thought I Lost You," by Miley Cyrus, "Bolt" (2)

Best Score, the overall score of the motion picture
-"The Dark Knight" by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard (4)
-"Horton Hears a Who" by John Powell (2)
-"Milk" by Danny Elfman (1)
-"The Other Boleyn Girl" by Paul Cantelon (1)

Best Costume Design
-"The Duchess" (1)
-"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (4)
-"The Other Boleyn Girl" (1)

Best Makeup
-"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (3)
-"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (3)

-"The Dark Knight" (2)
Best Foreign Film, any film not in the English language
-"Niko and the Way to the Stars" (1)
-"Waltz With Bashir" (2)
-"Max Manus" (1)

Best Performance by an Animal, animated or otherwise, for Sven-El
Reepicheep, "Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" (2)

Yay to all the winners! I'll update later with the winners of the real Oscars, and we can compare how we did! :D

lol ok
1 Natalie Portman was GORGEOUS tonight
2. OMG Robert Pattinson!
3. who didnt pay one whit of attention to Mikey Roke when the camera was on him b/c Robert Pattinson was behind him? *raises hand*
4. wtp? what was up with Sean Penn?
5. Congrats Kate Winslet!
6. Slumdog Millionare was a terrible movie
7. why wasn't hans zimmer nominated?

I didn't watch the Oscars. No good films were nominated (heck, NOTHING good was nominated), but I do hope wall-E won in its categories. The only oscars I ever cared about were the ones in 2004 when RotK was being nominated, but I didn't get to watch them.

I didn't watch the Oscars. No good films were nominated (heck, NOTHING good was nominated), but I do hope wall-E won in its categories. The only oscars I ever cared about were the ones in 2004 when RotK was being nominated, but I didn't get to watch them.

rotk????

well Benijman button was good
so was the dark knight
and no Wall E didn't win anything:(

Return of the King won 11 Oscars in 2004, including Best Picture and Best Director. (Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson)

and yeah, none of the films listed in the Oscar's official list are any good. :rolleyes: and that stinks about Wall-E; I was hoping it'd win at least one award...it needed one for like sound design or something.

Return of the King won 11 Oscars in 2004, including Best Picture and Best Director. (Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson)

and yeah, none of the films listed in the Oscar's official list are any good. :rolleyes: and that stinks about Wall-E; I was hoping it'd win at least one award...it needed one for like sound design or something.

ugh I was mad it didnt win best song
i am soooo sick of slumdog millionare

and thats right I remember 2004
I never was that excited about the oscars
well except for 2002 when hans zimmer won best score for gladiator
that made so :)

but i think Benjiman Button should have won
that film was amazing!
but im glad Kate Winslet won best actress
she totally deserved it
but again what was up with Penn:rolleyes:

I cried when Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor (He was AMAZING in Dark Knight!)
I cried when Kate Winslet won Best Actress (She is amazing in ANYTHING. The Reader was really good!)
I cried when Sean Penn won Best Actor (He was also AMAZING in Milk :D)

I'm pretty happy for the most part...Kinda sad that Wall-E didnt win best score :(

I cried when Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor (He was AMAZING in Dark Knight!)
I cried when Kate Winslet won Best Actress (She is amazing in ANYTHING. The Reader was really good!)
I cried when Sean Penn won Best Actor (He was also AMAZING in Milk :D)

I'm pretty happy for the most part...Kinda sad that Wall-E didnt win best score :(

lol what was up with Penn going political though?:rolleyes: well theres one every year lol

but yes I ♥ed it when his family accepted the award!
Kate WAS amazing
she always is

lol what was up with Penn going political though?:rolleyes: well theres one every year lol

Always tends to. Actually I've seen some Neilsen ratings charts that track veiwer intrest for OScar ceremoneis and anytime an actor gets political, the aduicnec tunes out. Afterall, if they want politics they'll watch the news.

BEside Heath winning ebst supporting, my favorite parts were:

1. Hugh Jackman's opening number ," with tributes to The Dark Knight and Iron Man) and him ending his song with "I'm Wolverine!" He and Anne Hathway were great on stage. I'm almost gald that though Hathaway got her start with Disney ( Princess Diaries) that she's been able to move on past it as she is really a gifted actress.

2. Will SMith's bit about action movies, "I love action movies, no offense to you other moveis, but they got a lot of excitment, explosions, car chases, oh, yeah and what's the word... Fans!"

3. The montage to action movies, featured the Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man, and yes, Prince Caspian.

4. montage tribute to animated movies of the year.

5. Montage to romances of the eyar included Bruce/Rachel and Rachel/Harvey from the Dark Knight, Tony Stark and Pepper Potts from Iron Man, Bruce Banner and Betty Ross from Hulk, but absolutly no Susan and Caspian! But saddly Indiana Jones and Marion getting together after 20+ years did not make it.

6. I actually liked the tribute to musicals through the years .It's still hard to see Wolverine performing show stopping songs and dance numbers.

also, is it just me, but even when she isn't the Jadis, wasn't Tilda Swtion just a wee bit creepy? Then again, I know only know her as Jadis and was waiting for her to offer everyone in the audience some Turkish Delight. Well that or the, "Peter, dear, I've missed you!" line.

I'm glad Wall-E won the oscar. But I'm more glad Heath Ledger won it. The oscars never thrills me. I don't care anything about it. The only time I was watching it was when ROTK won 11 oscars. And the only things which interested me the most was if Heath would win and he did!

Always tends to. Actually I've seen some Neilsen ratings charts that track veiwer intrest for OScar ceremoneis and anytime an actor gets political, the aduicnec tunes out. Afterall, if they want politics they'll watch the news.

BEside Heath winning ebst supporting, my favorite parts were:

1. Hugh Jackman's opening number ," with tributes to The Dark Knight and Iron Man) and him ending his song with "I'm Wolverine!" He and Anne Hathway were great on stage. I'm almost gald that though Hathaway got her start with Disney ( Princess Diaries) that she's been able to move on past it as she is really a gifted actress.

2. Will SMith's bit about action movies, "I love action movies, no offense to you other moveis, but they got a lot of excitment, explosions, car chases, oh, yeah and what's the word... Fans!"

3. The montage to action movies, featured the Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man, and yes, Prince Caspian.

4. montage tribute to animated movies of the year.

5. Montage to romances of the eyar included Bruce/Rachel and Rachel/Harvey from the Dark Knight, Tony Stark and Pepper Potts from Iron Man, Bruce Banner and Betty Ross from Hulk, but absolutly no Susan and Caspian! But saddly Indiana Jones and Marion getting together after 20+ years did not make it.

6. I actually liked the tribute to musicals through the years .It's still hard to see Wolverine performing show stopping songs and dance numbers.

also, is it just me, but even when she isn't the Jadis, wasn't Tilda Swtion just a wee bit creepy? Then again, I know only know her as Jadis and was waiting for her to offer everyone in the audience some Turkish Delight. Well that or the, "Peter, dear, I've missed you!" line.

I can't stand tilda Swinton. I really disagreed with the decision to cast her as the Witch.

lol yeah I saw Prince Caspian:eek: I was soo shocked and extatic
more so than seeing Robert Pattinson:rolleyes: lol

lol Hugh Jackman just makes me :D lol

Natalie Portman looked GORGEOUS! Pink is really her color.

lol im tellin ya, Lucy Lawless should have been Jadis all along!

Back