That Can't Be Lucy!

judyfromkansas

I just saw a pic of the kid who's playing Lucy!

OMG she's a dumpy little pug-nosed squat!

I PROTEST!

She's as bad as the Lucy in that awful PBS version - the one with the midget in the mouse suit impersonating Reepicheep!

And I had such HIGH hopes for this...

Girls, it one picture. Just one, and I'm sure you will agree that you have all had unflatering pictures taken.

I have heard from other sources that this Lucy is a phenominal actress. Astounding, is the word I think was used. Give her a chance, and don't make judgements based of a single picture.

This Lucy is by NO means "dumpy" and they probably read this site, so please refrain from such negative comments about her. Not only is she very young, she is going through her growing up faze and will most likely become very beautiful. When there are newer pics, I'll change it to a better one. Those pics aren't even of them in costume.

I wouldn't say she's "dumpy" either. She's wearing an awfully large coat.

I own all the BBCs and this new young lady playing Lucy is by far much prettier than her predisesor. When I saw her my first impression (besides, man that is not a verry good picture) was that she was adorable, and in her own right I think she'll do a wonderful job as Lucy.

And hey, whether or not she looks like what your oppinion of Lucy is or not (and she may well not look like Lucy to you, everyone is entitle to their own opinion) she's only a little girl and doesn't need to be called names.

I too must jump to the defence of the new Lucy! That pic is probably several months old, and we all change a lot at that age - and anyway she could look like a male wrestler as far as I'm concerned - it's her acting that matters and all that's really important! (I'm glad she doesn't look like a man or a wrestler though because that would be strange!)

I could show you some pictures of Viggo Mortenson that would make you think that he is the worse Aragorn alive if you had never seen the films.

Originally posted by Rhindon@Oct 18 2004, 11:48 AM
I could show you some pictures of Viggo Mortenson that would make you think that he is the worse Aragorn alive if you had never seen the films.
Ah yes, I remeber a time when I spent many fretful days pouring over LOTR sights and going "That's not Aragorn!" "What do you mean they got Elijah Wood for Frodo!?!?" "Just wait till I send this angry petition to P.J...."

lol.

I second what specter said about them reading this site. The actors and those involved in the production have dropped by other narnian sites and left notes through friends. So chances are she, or someone else will read this message. Lets be nice okay.

And yes, we all have a vision of what Lucy will look like, and I doubt that they could have found someone who would have made us all happy.

Originally posted by AlwaysHis324@Oct 18 2004, 02:02 PM
I second what specter said about them reading this site. The actors and those involved in the production have dropped by other narnian sites and left notes through friends. So chances are she, or someone else will read this message. Lets be nice okay.

And yes, we all have a vision of what Lucy will look like, and I doubt that they could have found someone who would have made us all happy.
Oh, um, okay.

And if I don't like the film I'll make VERY sure I don't say a word. :D

Originally posted by pacifiquesea@Oct 18 2004, 10:21 AM
Dumpy or no, she looks totally wrong for the part. I agree.
Really, it makes me fear what Aslan might look like. Boggles the mind. I have visions of Bert Lahr, of mange, of jerky animatronics. *shudder*

I think she's really cute, and I must concur with whoever said she's a decided improvement on the BBC versions. I'm ready for anything after that. :p

~Nelli.

Originally posted by GrayCloak@Oct 19 2004, 04:53 PM
Well you know they *could* give him rabbit ears, or buckteeth, but I find the possability hightly unlikely. :D
Remember, a midget in a mouse suit once passed himself off as Reepicheep. I'd question my gullibility if I were you. :D

Originally posted by rosymole@Oct 19 2004, 04:16 PM
I don't think they can go far wrong with a lion! :lol:
Some people might consider that a worthy challenge and do it just to prove you wrong. Careful what you challenge people to do.

Back