The Adventures of Tirian and His Merry Narnians

I always noticed that Narnia didn't seem to have any clergy.
Narnia doesn't even have any churches or temples. So there's no pastor or priest.
Given this absence, I would suggest that King Tirian conduct a wedding.
Interesting thought. Maybe Poggin could do some of the reading.. Then what could Eustace and Jill do? Maybe Eustace could be a groomsman and Jill a bridesmaid? Then who should provide the music?

I wonder how a wedding in Narnia is different than a wedding in our world.🤔

Last edited:
Bet your last fire-flower that marriages in the Narnian world enjoy MORE CONSISTENT FAITHFULNESS than here.
I haven't thought of that.

Maybe Poggin could also be in charge of the food, and Eustace and Jill could help out. Jill would probably make the salad and Eustace would probably make the appetizers, and Poggin, with help from Eustace and Jill do the main course.

Last edited:
Chapter Six

Emeth decided to meet with Coriakin and talk with him about him marrying Marietta.

"Oh, so you're getting married", said Coriakin.

"Well, in secret that is", said Emeth, "Though we're waiting a while.'

"I understand. But what do you want me for?"

"Well, Coriakin, we'd like for you to officiate."

"You mean perform the ceremony?"

"Yes, that it's. Do you think you could do it?"

"Well, I suppose I could do it. I've got time to write down what I'm going to say at the ceremony. Do you have anyone in your wedding party? I mean, groomsmen or bridesmaids?"

"Well, I've selected Chlamash as my best man. And I think Rhonda is going to be the maid of honor. As for the rest of the wedding party, we don't know."

"I think I will also have Tirian and Poggin do some reading."

"The King of Narnia?"

"Well, the former king, that is."

"Oh, right."

"Well, Emeth, thank you for seeing me."

"I am grateful for you doing this for us."

Emeth went to see Marietta, who was sitting underneath a chestnut tree. He sat down next to her.

"Where you've been?", asked Marietta.

"I spoke with Coriakin", said Emeth, "He said that he would perform the ceremony."

"And is Chlamash your best man?"

"Why yes he is. And Rhonda is the maid of honor?"

"Yes. We should figure out the rest of the wedding party. Do we really need that many?"

"Perhaps not. There's Eustace and Jill. Maybe that's plenty."

"I think you're right."

"Oh yes. And I love you both!"

Marietta blushed a little, and Emeth kissed her on the cheek.

Tirian and Poggin were writing things down to give some ideas for a reading for a wedding ceremony. Eustace and Jill went to see what was happening.

"What are you doing?", asked Eustace.

"Coriakin is going to perform the wedding ceremony for Emeth and Marietta", said Tirian, "Poggin and I have been asked to do some reading as well."

"I'll also be planning the wedding feast", said Poggin.

"Whose going to help with that?", asked Jill.

"I think we better do it, Jill", said Eustace, "We don't want to make it look cheap."

"Alright then", said Poggin, "Jill, you will make the salad, Eustace, you will prepare side dish, and you two can help me prepare the main course and desert."

"What are you thinking?"

"Well, we've got time to figure out that."

"What a wedding this is going to be", said Jill, "I wonder if half of the guests will be eating out of plates and bowls and the other half will be eating out of dog and cat dishes."

"And another half will be grazing on the grass", said Eustace, "I wonder if it will be outside or inside."

"It would probably depend on weather", said Tirian.

"If it's raining, it will most likely be inside", said Poggin, "If it is a nice day, it will most likely be outside."

"Anything else we could help with?", asked Eustace, "I know, Chlamash and I could build an arch and decorate it with flowers for Emeth and Marietta to stand underneath during the ceremony. Jill, I think you and Rhonda could make Marietta's wedding dress."

"Oh, alright", said Jill.

[Well, it sounds like Coriakin will be conducting the wedding ceremony and Tirian and Poggin will be doing some reading. Poggin will also be planning the wedding feast, with help from Eustace and Jill. Chlamash and Eustace will certainly be building an archway and decorate it with flowers. Rhonda and Jill will be sewing Marietta's wedding dress. Now it raises the questions: Should the ceremony be inside or outside? what should be served at the wedding feast: what should be in the salad, what should be the main course and side dish? How about dessert? What should Tirian and Poggin be reading during the ceremony? Who should give the bride away? And who should provide the music?)

Last edited:
[I'm sure you've been wondering what the bad guys are up to. Well, you're about to find out]

Chapter Seven

Rishda was at his palace, and held a meeting with Shift and Ginger.

"So what's the next step?", asked Shift.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out", said Rishda, "We've had the temples and palaces built in Narnia and even in Archenland."

"Right", said Ginger, "And have you heard anything about the tavern maid?"

"I haven't heard anything about her. Perhaps something is up... since she's been spending all her time with Emeth, one of my soldiers."

"Is there something going on between them?", asked Shift.

"I knew he had feelings for her", said Rishda, "A rash boy and a naive girl..."

"Maybe you should find out more", said Ginger, "Maybe there is something up."

Marietta went outside for a moment. She had been extra careful for the last few months, and soon enough, she was going to marry Emeth. She could not have been more excited. However, Rishda came approached her.

"Well, well", said Rishda.

"Rishda", said Marietta.

"Who thought that I would run into a naive girl and... Marietta, how..", Rishda now just noticed Marietta, "Emeth is..."

"How long did you take you to figure that out?"

"So this is how a rash boy and a naive girl act and think.... he acts rash and she doesn't think things through!"

"Is that what you think?"

"Oh, I knew you were a foolish maid!"

Chlamash and Rhonda had come over to see Emeth at his place. They came to see how he was doing.

"So you're doing some wedding planning?", asked Chlamash.

"That's right", said Emeth, "Later than I would have like to.. but, well you know..."

"Right", said Rhonda, "Oh, where is Marietta?"

"She went out the other day. She hasn't come back... doesn't sound like her.

"You don't think something happened, do you?", asked Chlamash.

"That's what I'm going to find out", said Emeth.

"I'll go with you", said Rhonda.

"Thanks, Rhonda."

Emeth and Rhonda went to look around. Soon, they arrived at Rishda's palace. They decided to go in and check out. It appeared he wasn't home.

"Do you think she'd be here?", asked Rhonda.

"No, though it would seem like that Rishda would've taken her", said Emeth.

Next thing, they heard crying. It was coming from behind a door. It was Marietta. Rhonda tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Rishda must have locked her in there!", said Rhonda, "Do you have a key?"

"No", said Emeth, "But we could try to break it down. Then on second thought...."

"Maybe there's a window outside. We could get in that way.."

"Hey, I just find this secret passage way. Maybe it goes into that room."

They went through the secret passage way, and it lead to the different rooms. Then they found the one that Marietta was in. She was in shock and in tears.

"Rishda did this, didn't he?", asked Rhonda.

"How did you get in here?", asked Marietta.

"I've found a secret passage way", said Emeth, "I guess Rishda had no idea he set one up."

"Perhaps the construction builders built one without him knowing", said Rhonda.

"I thought he locked me up in here", said Marietta.

"Marietta, we'll get you out of her. Emeth, you lead the way through the secret passageway."

"I'll see if there is one that leads the way out", said Emeth.

Emeth lead the way, and Rhonda helped Marietta through the secret passage. They went through passageway that lead to the foyer. They went out front and they closed the door.

"Perhaps we should go around back before Rishda sees us", said Rhonda.

"Good idea", said Emeth, "Then we'll go back to my place."

Sometime later, during a snowy day in November, Tirian, Poggin, Eustace and Jill had stopped by Emeth's palace for a visit. Amara was also there. They wanted to see how Marietta was doing.

"So how long before the wedding?", asked Jill.

"Well, we haven't officially set a date", said Marietta. Then she felt some sharp pain.

"Marietta, are you?", asked Eustace.

"What's happening?", asked Rhonda.

"I think...", said Marietta, "Wait, I still have a month!"

"I think I know", said Amara, "Marietta, I'll get you a room and get you to lie down. Rhonda, Jill, I need you to help me out."

"What can we do?", asked Jill.

"I need you to do what I tell you. Just help me get Marietta comfortable."

Amara, Rhonda, and Jill helped Marietta to a room, and helped her get comfortable in bed.

Tirian, Emeth, Chlamash, Poggin, and Eustace waited outside for a an hour or so. There wasn't any sound except for Marietta's cries. Then after awhile, there was a sound of a cry of a baby.

They rushed upstairs to see what it was.

"Is it a boy or a girl?", asked Emeth, who was the first to rush in, seeing Marietta cradling the newborn in her arms.

"A girl", said Amara, "And I must say, she's healthy for a pre-mature."

"Congrats, Emeth", said Chlamash.

Emeth went over to Marietta, putting a hand on her shoulder, gently and carefully, keeping in mind she had just been through a lot.

"Emeth...", said Marietta, gazing down at the little one.

"She's beautiful", said Emeth, and she handed her for him to hold.

Emeth was nestling the little one close to him. Then Amara sent everyone out except for Emeth so that Marietta could get some rest.

"So how long before the wedding?", asked Marietta.

"Well, I think we should wait until you've rested up", said Emeth.

"You're right. Do you know any Calormene names?"

"Oh, Calormene names? Well, I'll have to think on that. What about Narnian or Archenlander names?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Maybe her first name will be Calormene and her middle name will be Archenlander. I know, Adinah."

"Alright. Let's see... Lilyn."

"Adinah Lilyn. I like it. You get your rest, Marietta."

Marietta went into a blissful sleep as Emeth nestled the little one, Adinah. He kissed the top of her head gently as he gazed down upon her.

[Well, now the secret's out and now you know what the bad guys have been up to. As for the baby, "Adinah" is a Hebrew name for "Gentle, delicate". Lilyn sounded like it could be an Archenlander name.]

Last edited:
You clearly are imagining the apocalyptic period on the Narnian quasi-planet as going on for a longer time than Mister Lewis gave it in Volume Seven. But this doesn't mean that YOU have to keep US waiting longer for your next installment.

You clearly are imagining the apocalyptic period on the Narnian quasi-planet as going on for a longer time than Mister Lewis gave it in Volume Seven. But this doesn't mean that YOU have to keep US waiting longer for your next installment.
Sorry about that. I've been busy and I haven't had any internet access for a few days (we had some freezing weather).

[My apologies for not getting around to this any sooner. I’ve been busy though. Here it is]

Chapter Eight

Marietta had been resting most of the next day since Adinah had been born. During that time, Emeth had been bonding with her, except for when Marietta fed her. Later the next day, after Marietta nursed Adinah, Eustace and Jill had come over to see how Emeth and Marietta were doing.

“How’s Marietta?”, asked Eustace.

“She just got done nursing Adinah”, answered Emeth, holding Adinah.

“Well, I’d volunteer to babysit”, said Jill.

“Would you, Jill? We appreciate it. Perhaps you like to hold her.”

Emeth handed Adinah to Jill. She let her wrapped her little hand around her finger. Jill felt overwhelmed with holding the child.

“Can I hold her?”, asked Eustace.

“Why, yes of course”, answered Emeth as Jill handed Adinah to Eustace, “You just be sure to hold her head, okay?”

Eustace gazed down at Adinah as he was holding her. He even let her trace her little finger on his hand. Sometime later, Poggin had come over.

“I’ve heard the news”, said Poggin, “Congratulations!”

“Thank you, Poggin”, said Emeth.

“Perhaps you like to hold Adinah”, said Eustace.

“Oh, it’s been a long time since I’ve held a child”, stated Poggin, “I would be gladly to.”

Then Eustace handed Adinah to Poggin. He gazed down at her and even let her stroke his beard.

“Oh, Poggin, what about wedding planning?”, asked Eustace, “I mean, we’re still planning the wedding dinner, right?”

“I think so”, answered Poggin, “Though I think we should wait until Marietta has fully rested.”

“Good idea”, stated Emeth, “We better let Adinah sleep.”

Poggin nodded and handed Adinah back to Emeth. He kissed the top of her head and placed her in her cradle.

Some days have passed and Marietta had fully rested. She stood outside with Emeth, holding Adinah.

“So who are we inviting?”, asked Marietta.

“Well, of course Chlamash, Rhonda, Tirian, Poggin, Jewel, Puzzle, Eustace, and Jill”, answered Emeth, “Then Lord Digory, Lady Polly, Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy.”

“You mean the Friends of Narnia?”

“That’s right.”

Jewel had come by to see them. Emeth stroked him as he greeted him. Then Jewel gazed down at Adinah.

“She’s beautiful”, said Jewel, “She could be another Swanwhite.”

“You must mean the Queen of Narnia”, said Marietta.

“Yes, known for her great beauty.”

Emeth smiled. Adinah was a beautiful child. If Jewel was right, perhaps her beauty could reflect in the forest pools.

[Well, there you have it. The upcoming chapters will be about wedding preparations]

Last edited:
Back