What Are You Listening To Or Watching Now??!!

I've been watching 80s TV show Head of the Class, Boy Meets World and Girl Meets World, and also Heroes Reborn.

Doctor Who’s “the Eleventh Hour”. watching it, I think Caitlin Blackwood would have made an intriguing Lucy Pevensie had the BBC done a Wardrobe TV adaption in 2010.
41A2C6B3-A0BB-4BC3-9C37-1B5D56FA1FF7.gif

Okay, I think this topic is appropriate for what I want to post.

I just saw a very smart music analyst-- a kindred spirit to Wood Nymph-- doing a video examining the best-remembered song from Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka movie, which is THE Willy Wonka movie.

I have two TV's going here in the living room, both tuned to TV stations broadcasting out of my garage. KEVO (RF/Virtual 16) is showing a conservative talk show recorded in the studios of another radio station I do work for, Nevada Matters Media/KPGF. They do video of some of their radio shows for the America's Uncensored News network. The other TV is showing K02QW (RF2, Virtual 37, translator of KQSL in Ft. Bragg, CA), and is a Christian station for Total Life Network. The current show is called 'Life Today'.

I saw a Youtube video about ROBOT GIRLFRIENDS. Yuck, just no, no, no! Outside of Isaac Asimov novels, Star Wars and some comicbooks, robots DO NOT possess free will and CANNOT love anyone.

Two young children and a horse feature in a GDR children's drama on 18th October 1989. The program was going out live to air across East Germany -- as any director would state, a risky strategy with children and animals.

The date is significant as it was the same day Erich Honecker was removed as General Secretary of the the SED (the East German communist party).

The situation was being flashed on a ticker simultaneously as the kid's program went live. The little lady actor let fire with a shocked expletive when news of Honecker's removal was confirmed that would not have been in the original script....
.ITV fall of the eastern bloc documentary off-air screen capture.jpg

I've only been watching two series these days. Blue Bloods is in its 14th and final season, but it is being spread out with some episodes in the Spring and the rest in the Fall. I saw all of Season 4 of The Chosen in theaters; unfortunately, it will be a while before it is released on DVD or streaming services.

I've been delightfully surprised that there have been several really good movies over the past few months.

Migration is an animated family film about mallards migrating south; it is quite clever and funny, with several good lessons woven throughout.

Cabrini, about the Italian nun who comes to America in the late 1800s to help poor children, was outstanding! The acting, music, and filming techniques were flawless, and the story is powerful and compelling.

I also highly recommend One Life, about the British man who helped child refugees in Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia. The collective acting is integrated and on-point. The steady musical score is somber but hopeful. The history is unfiltered. It is a true and inspiring story that is both personal and universal.

Been watching Halo Series (Paramount), played the games for twenty years. I enjoy the show. I really do not understand the backlash from fans.

I suspend judgment on the TV series, but I'm enjoying the Halo novels.
The problem is when we fans played the games the mythos was developing and fluid, but this series is happening after the mythos is established and so they are going back and filling in gaps and details.

Also the games you the player were meant to be Chief/John 117, hence you never see his face. But in medium like a show he has to be different.

The other day I came across a Mr. Monk movie that came out last year. I saw someone posted on here about Monk a while back. For those who enjoyed the Monk series about the OCD detective that ran from 2002-2009, this movie was great and refreshing! The first few minutes are a little slow, but then it gets really good, just like the old show. There's quite a bit of humor throughout. Just about all of the original cast are in this movie including Monk, Natalie, Randy, Captain Stotelmeyer, Monk's psychiatrist, and even Trudy. One thing I really appreciated is that yes, there is a murder to be solved, but the actual murder is not shown nor anything gruesome or horrific afterward, as often was the case on the show. You can watch it for free here (with ads):

Back