A Fantasy Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Still trying to fool me, eh? It won't work!" The man laughed, "We're going to kill you both! And the king will be happy. No one to contest his throne!"
Frida looked over at Argo, "Who are you?" She whispered.
"If only I knew..." Argo muttered. "Who are you?"
"Just a peasant!" Frida growled, "just a girl who's caught up in all of this!"
"How did you get here?"
"Soldiers attacked my village..." A tear ran down Frida's face. "I ran away into the forest...and the elves found me. How did you get here?"
"I'm..." Argo paused and bit his lip. He had been going to say he was an elf but it wasn't true. "I'm a ward of the king...the elvish king."
"Liar." The soldier growled kicking at Argo's shin. Argo dodged easily. "You and that girl were both in the village!" He laughed, a cruel evil laugh. "You thought you could beat us with that sword of yours! But you thought wrong!"
Argo shrugged, "I don't understand you man." He turned back to Frida and said in a whisper. "Do you think you could understand my language?"
Frida shook her head.
"It's very simple," Argo said, dropping his voice even lower. "It's the same as your language, only backwards...alright? So listen carefully, and I'll talk slowly."
"Alright..." Said Frida.
"Eseht nem tnaw ot llik su. I t'nod wonk yhw...od uoy?"
"No..." Frida answered, "I mean...on."
Argo smiled slowly. "I t'nod tanw ot eid, dna I t'nod kniht uoy od rehtie. Os ev'ew tog ot od gnihtemos ot teg yawa."

because I'm trying to write a 50,000+ words novel in 35 days, and I've only done about 11,400 and I only have about 24 days left! :eek: * rushes off to start writing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back