College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah walked shyly behing Ceagin. "Um...I'm sorry again for bumping into you earlier. I'm Sarah. What's your name?" Her eyes never really left the colorful design on her book.

Sarah coughed, but looked up feeling a little more confident now that her favorite subject was brought up. "Yeah, I read all the time. Books are really my only true friends...they never betray you." She mentally chided herself for saying something that stupid. "You play football?"

Ceagin smiled even broader at her quick switch of subject but he wasn't about to let it go that quickly, "Yah I play football. nothing to a great mind like yours though. I mean all I do is clobber guys out on the field but reading extends the horizons of the mind and imagination." Ceagin was a jock and was seen as little else but just this once he would let it peek out just a bit. “So what are you reading?”

Sarah felt herself blushing and had to hold her breath for a brief moment to keep from squeeling. "Um...I'm reading 'Narnia'.It's all seven in one volume. I've read it, like, a million times before. But it's one of those books that never gets old. Not many people think that about reading. When I talk like that they look at me like I have three heads and make an excuse to leave. There must be some sort of soft filling under that hard, football-player shelling. Do you read much?"

"Hard footbal player shell huh?" he asked retoricly as it sunk into his mind. no one really talked to him like that. he was THE jock, the captain of the football team and played on nearly every other team on campus. "Nah not a whole lot. sports take up most of my time but I have read a few books in my lifetime, like...never mind." he stopped before saying the titel. it would expose him too much.

"Hard footbal player shell huh?" he asked retoricly as it sunk into his mind. no one really talked to him like that. he was THE jock, the captain of the football team and played on nearly every other team on campus. "Nah not a whole lot. sports take up most of my time but I have read a few books in my lifetime, like...never mind." he stopped before saying the titel. it would expose him too much.

Sarah looked at him questioningly. " There's no shame in reading...even if you are a jock. But if you are ashamed of it, I'm really good at keeping secrets." She eyed him, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

"No no shame just a reputation that some think I need to keep up but while we are on the subjec have you ever read the book To Kill Mockingbird?" ceagin said and his tone suddenly got quieter

Sarah laughed at the quiet tone, and matched it. "No, most books I read are fantasy. But it's on my list...it seems interesting. Maybe if I got an opinion from someone who's read it. What did you think about it?"

Kiera walked back in to the halls, after finishing her laps. She was mad, her eyebrows in a dangerous "v" shape. She stepped to her locker, opening it with no gentleness, and dug through it, trying to find books for her next class. She was tired from her running, and rather annoyed....

Sarah laughed at the quiet tone, and matched it. "No, most books I read are fantasy. But it's on my list...it seems interesting. Maybe if I got an opinion from someone who's read it. What did you think about it?"

"Now what gives you the idea that I read that book?" he asked with a teasing smile.

Kiera walked back in to the halls, after finishing her laps. She was mad, her eyebrows in a dangerous "v" shape. She stepped to her locker, opening it with no gentleness, and dug through it, trying to find books for her next class. She was tired from her running, and rather annoyed....

"Careful there tiger." one of the girls said who was sitting getting dressed for her training time.

Adina went back to her dorm and changed. She grabbed a notebook and a pencil and went out side. She looked around and went over to a tree and sat down, she leaned against it and started drawing.

"Now what gives you the idea that I read that book?" he asked with a teasing smile.

"Careful there tiger." one of the girls said who was sitting getting dressed for her training time.

"Watch it. Coach is mad. He'll try to decide your life for ya." she said, and wit ha half hearted smile, and a "good Luck." she slammed her locker shut, and went into the hallway, trying to find her class again....

Sarah giggled. "Fair enough. How long have you played football, or any sport for that matter?"

"let's see," He said pausing thoughtfully, " I started soccer when I was four, tennis when I was six started basketball when I was seven, baseball when I was nine, football when I was twelve and swimming when I was fourteen. Then I played Basketball, football and tennis during the school years all through Jr. High and high school and soccer, swimming and baseball in the summers. I think that’s about it.” He said with a grin seing the shocked look on Sarah’s face

Sarah's mouth and eyes were wide open. "Wow...that's a lot of sports." She laughed aloud. "You want to go professional someday?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back