Did you get emotional?

AslanJudah

I was just wondering if I, a 24 year old man, was alone in crying my eyes out in the movie?

I think it started when Peter, Susan, and Lucy were walking through the Narnian army to see Aslan. I think it was the faces of the Narnians, seeing them and knowing the prophecy, and how long they had waited for them to arrive and the prophecy was coming true before their very eyes.

Also, when Aslan came back to life, it was so spiritual and reminded me so much that I was once a traitor like Edmund, but someone else died to save me!

Did anyone else get emotional? (boy I'm going to feel weird if nobody else did!)

I'm a 21 year old man and I did get some tears. Especially when Lucy and Susan went out walking with Aslan after dark on the way to his sacrafice.

my friend and I were weeping in many instances, so your not alone- i do the same thing with all epics LOTR, Troy, etc.- it had a lot of emotion!!

Last edited:
AslanJudah said:
Did anyone else get emotional? (boy I'm going to feel weird if nobody else did!)

Oh my goodness - I started crying during the opening credits. This story has just been such a part of my childhood as well as my adult life (I'm 29), I was overcome as soon as it started.

Oh, yes yes yes! I'm very emotional and tend to cry in the sad part of *every* movie, but this movie it just felt like the whole way through.

The Aslan part was, of course, *very* powerful and I think it moved a lot of people to tears...but I was tearing at the weirdest, most minute things... I love this story, it's my entire childhood...so when I saw Tumnus was right, and when Lucy first got into the wardrobe, when Edmund was spilling the beans about everything...

And then I went home after and cried for about 20 minutes for no reason at all, just because it was so beautiful and so true and there was something that only real life movies and things like that can bring alive in a story, and I was so, so, blissfully happy.

So, yes. Mucho tears.

Welcome Dr.Cornelias, welcome to the site :)
Sweet siggie, my sister would love that!She loves Mr.Tumnus in the new film!
Lol thats ok that you cried lol we all felt emotional im sure of it :D:D

You guys definetely aren't alone.

21 year old female...started getting choaked up in the train sequence...was full out crying by the stone table.

I expected as much and brought kleenex....lol, the book gets me every time.

- Lu

PS And I know for a fact that Gray shed a tear or two as well. ;-)

lol, careful Lu, she might not want you spreading that around ;)

I started choking up at the seen of the ressurection, but that was about it.

I am proud to say I do not let a tear drop........but it was hard.

P.S. I have seen it!!! (obvouisly :p)

I do not ever cry, esp. in movies, but how I wept inside when I saw that same scene, then when Peter says, "For Narnia, and For Aslan." How I LOVE this wonderful picture of the gospel. My absolute favorite part is when Aslan is lead like a lamb to the slaughter.

In my opinion, a real man is one who isn't afraid to cry. At twenty-one, I was most certainly crying during the scene at the Stone Table (the score for that particular scene, while Aslan walks to the Stone Table, was also extremely moving; it very much added to the moment). It was most certainly one of the most powerful messages Lewis could ever weave into his stories.

As an aside: Don't forget the official soundtrack comes out on CD tomorrow!!! :D

Well you were not alone about the crying part. How about crying, and being angry at the same time,and not wanting to see the rest of the movie because the lion died. That was my 19 year old sister who never read the books, and did'nt know how the story went.I did not spoil it for her but I was tempted.

I'm not ashamed to say that I do cry when there's moments in a movie.. But, unfortunatly I didn't get chocked up at any point :/.. I guess, because I knew Aslan was gonna return after his sacrifice, it didn't hit me emotionally.

I'm 25/male, and while I did not cry, I was on the verge of tears throughout the film. It was a combination of the excitement of finally seeing a film I'd been waiting for my whole life to see, and what I was seeing unfold on the screen.

Back